Daily motivation

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • A little motivation goes a long way. Post what keeps you going. It can be a song,thought, evil motivation,event, etc.

Lately whats been gettin me to the gym is the song "So excited" by Janet Jackson ft Khia. Ive lost weight soley because of this song.
  • What motivates me is to see a loss, however small. Meeting some new goal, like walking more minutes or miles helps as does seeing or feeling a new muscle somewhere on my body.

Of course, the hardest thing is to stay motivated when nothing is happening. These are the times when solid commitment is called for.
  • Right now I have two upcoming events that have me motivated...

1) I'm the MOH in my best friend's wedding in 6 weeks and I want to look great in the dress and not dread seeing the wedding photos that I'm in.

2) My husband and I are taking our first real vacation together in over 6 years! In two months we'll be taking a week-long cruise with my BIL and SIL who are both naturally thin (as is my husband) and I want to be comfortable and confident wearing bathing suits and beach clothes.
  • I"m motivated by the energy boost that I've been feeling since I cleaned up my eating, and by how badly the words of a particularly ugly person stung when she told me she 'didn't want to have to look at a morbidly obese person'. I can't stop people from being mean, but I don't want to feel ashamed because part of me believes they are right. Also because I want my hubby to be a little jealous of the attention I'll get when I'm rocking a new dress at a party
  • Right now my main motivation is:

The year anniversary of my high weight coming up this month.

My SIL coming to visit at the end of the month.

My newest 2 pairs of pants are size 6s, and if I gain even put on 1 pound they get tight. I want them to be LOOSE.

Obviously I have many other things that are actual "reasons" I keep going, but the above are the little added motivation I have right now.
  • My motivation is the mental picture of where I'll be when I meet my goal..
  • I need to wear a bikini at our beach holiday in two weeks! So that is very motivating!
  • Not being afraid of exposing my upper arms to my friends. (Maybe even get them a little tan?)
  • I think songs are perfect to help give me that push. I really love firework by Katy Perry. I have it twice on my play list to help give me that little extra motivation.

I also am super motivated to get under 200lbs and wear something nice at christmas when visiting family.
  • I'm going on either a 7-day or 9-day trek in Patagonia in March. Need to be in great shape!
  • oh, another one - fitocracy points motivate me! I've found myself doing extra sets so that I can level up .
  • I thought of another one...

I have a little black dress hanging in my closet right now that I ordered from Express to wear for my husband's work Christmas party in less than 2 weeks... Seeing it hanging there makes me want to work extra hard at the gym and sticking to my eating plan so that I can rock it.
  • Right now my motivation is not to kick off 2013 heavier than I was beginning 2012.
  • Quote: I thought of another one...

I have a little black dress hanging in my closet right now that I ordered from Express to wear for my husband's work Christmas party in less than 2 weeks... Seeing it hanging there makes me want to work extra hard at the gym and sticking to my eating plan so that I can rock it.

This too! I want to actually have pictures of my husband and I at Christmas dinner this year as opposed to last year when I was on my third day of overeating and was super tired and bloated in the one picture they caught me in.
  • Quote: oh, another one - fitocracy points motivate me! I've found myself doing extra sets so that I can level up .
    What is fitocracy?