Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7

You're on Page 28 of 34
Go to
  • Thank YOU too, Halfagain!
    Your pictures show an impressive change!
    Enjah
  • Enjah-
    Did you loose your 41 pounds with the like-IP menu you posted, or did you loose some other way and are now trying IP for the rest?
  • Quote: Wow today has been a chocolate craving day... my restricted bars are calling to me very loudly. Well I found a solution - or a work around. Wonder Slim chocolate cake batter. yep just the batter. It tastes much more strongly of chocolate than the cooked cake does. Well normally I do pour some WF chocolate sauce over it too when cooked, but today - it was just the batter and me. I'm not a pudding person. I had a shake already.. my bar is safe until later today. I was afraid to eat it early and then feel left out tonight - going to my knitting group tonight, I need my treat then while they eat goodies from the food court.

Anyway that's a lot to do about me and food and cravings. *sigh* it's one of those days.
    Oh I here you girl, this has been a long week, having trouble with wanting or craving(mostly mental) I think it's this time of year or I don't know, seems like I'm really having to fight hard for every ounce, haven't gone off plan just add on a non restricted to keep me from having something I should not. Any way you have helped me, knowing I'm not alone.
    Quote: Thanks so much rainbowsmiles! I am thrilled to take part in this uplifting forum.
    Enja, best place you can be! Everyone is so nice and supportive!

Quote: They say it is harder to lose weight the older one gets, but I have never had anyone say that it can't be done. Although I have struggled this month with my exercise routine I have found that the more exercise I do and the less I eat the more weight I can lose.
    to you too Meandu, you will find lots of support here!

FAQ's

1. How is the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method different from other protein diets on the market?

The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method treats weight issues at its source. By the time you reach your weight loss goal, you will have transformed your body’s ability to metabolize sugar by reeducating your pancreas to produce only the right amount of insulin needed.
    The Ideal Diet aims at reducing carbohydrates and fats, not protein. In doing so, it preserves muscle tissue and protects vital organs to secure their proper function. In other words, you will lose fat, not muscle.
    The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method features up to a whopping 20 grams of protein per portion, twice as much as most of the competition.
    The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method features a high biological protein, complete with eight (8) essential amino acids, that recreates 100% of the biological value of a complete protein for maximum assimilation and absorption.
    The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is less toxic than other protein diets because it features less saturated fats, no trans fats, no aspartame, no Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) and no Genetically-Modified Organisms (GMOs).

2. Is the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method safe?

Our protocol is safe for everyone, except those with a dysfunctional liver or kidneys. Diabetics Type I should only do the Alternative protocol and women who are pregnant or breast feeding should only use the Ideal Protein’s protein foods to supplement their diet.

3. Can a Dieter expect consistent weight loss?

Yes. Women will lose on average 3-5 lbs, Men 5-7 lbs per week. If the protocol is followed without any deviations and weight loss is not achieved in any given week it is due to one of the following 4 reasons:

Intentional or unintentional deviations from the program (cheats).
    Pre or Peril-Menopausal Women
    Constipation
    Muscle Gain vs. Fat Loss

4. Why are the Natura supplements compulsory during the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method?

It is important for people following the protocol to ensure they take the recommended supplements as specified to compensate for nutrients otherwise present in foods from Groups I, II and III. If they don’t, their body’s systems will be lacking the nutrients they need to function optimally.
  • Quote: 3. Can a Dieter expect consistent weight loss?

Yes. Women will lose on average 3-5 lbs, Men 5-7 lbs per week.
    FYI All
    My coach (also a regional rep for IP) told me IP has removed the claims of avg weight loss. I'm guessing it is to comply with US FDA rules.

However those of us in this age group definitely fit into their exceptions.
    My personal avg is closer to 2.5
  • ok all you beautiful ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wish you all a fabulous week....and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    taking a lap top so might get some air time...but if not, know that you are all in my thoughts and THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT this past year!!

i am over the moon excited about the prospect of seeing some S.N.O.W.!!!!

VERMONT.......HERE I COME!!!! OK LITTLE MOOSEY MOOSES....I am gonna be looking for U!!!!

leaving 2nite...first stop....DC....then on to LADY LIBERTY!!!

see ya soon brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and mother nature...PLEASE KEEP SENDING THE SNOW TO VERMONT!!!

i'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!!!!!
  • Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy the snow! I'm heading in the other direction on Saturday, down to warm water and sunny climes in the Caribbean!
  • Quote: Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy the snow! I'm heading in the other direction on Saturday, down to warm water and sunny climes in the Caribbean!
    oooo have fun!!! nigel said that after my trip to frigid vermont he bets i'll say next year forget the snow....take me to jamaica please! haha
  • Have a wonderful time, Rainbow!
  • Have a great time Susan, take loads of photos! I'm sure you will see snow and have that "White Christmas." Be safe in your travels!
  • Have a safe and fabulous trip Susan; Merry Christmas to you and Nigel!

Welcome newbies!

Dana - Sounds like a wonderful holiday with all your family. Do what you need to do; you know we'll be here when you're ready to go again.

Well, it has turned into a Winter Wonderland here in northern MI! Roads were getting nasty this morning, and will be worse on the way home. May have to leave my car here and have VIP pick me up in his 4-wheel drive truck when he gets out of work. Maybe a 'snow' day for me tomorrow (though I'm taking work home with me tonight). We must have about 4" on the ground already, so only another 10" to come by later tomorrow! LOL Seriously though, the wind that is still to come will make it all exponentially worse due to the drifting. Such is life in the north!

Have a great day everyone!
  • I just thought I'd update everyone with a few notes from my WI yesterday. I told my coach that I was sticking 100% OP, but while I was traveling had substituted Egg Beaters a few times for breakfast, and had also used a substitute RTD product (EAS AdvantEdge) with equivalent contents to the IP product. She said that wasn't a problem, and went further to say that my results demonstrated that it obviously was not an issue at all. I figure I can save a bit of money and also get additional variety and convenience at the same time.

I've started putting aside my food and supplements for the next two weeks since we leave early on Saturday for sunny climes. Can't wait!! At this point I don't think I'll have access to a scale while I'm away, but I'm hoping to come home in baggy clothes. Some things are already getting loose!
  • Quote: but I'm hoping to come home in baggy clothes.
    hahahahahahaha LOVE THIS!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone.

Just wanting to pop in and wish everyone a great day.

I'm now on Day 6 of my P3 phase... still enjoying the breakfasts. My sister was surprised when I told her I'd actually reached the weight loss goal that my Dr. had recommended, and am what we called 'phasing off' presently, adding back in some complex carbs, fruit, and dairy at breakfast. And that this means I'll be able to enjoy a wider variety of foods in moderation while I'm at her place for our Christmas get-together on Dec 28th. (That will be my 14th day on P3, and I'm going start Maintenance on that day and treat it as my first fun day). She always has been quite concerned with ensuring that her table included lots of plan-appropriate foods for me while I've been dieting this year, so I was glad to reassure her not to worry about any diet-related concerns on my behalf. She doesn't know about the P1 day after the 'splurge' but we'll deal with that. LOL.

So all is going well here. No major problems.

Rainbow, enjoy your Christmas trip into the snowy north. Drive carefully though, as it seems you will be driving into a storm, and I'm not sure how used Nigel is to driving in that type of weather. I look forward to some snow for Christmas, but major storms like the one that they are forecasting at present also bring their share of accidents, etc. so I just pray that all Christmas travellers arrive at their destinations safe and sound.

GreenIris, sounds like you're right in the thick of it at present as the storm makes it's way east. Stay safe. Hope you get the chance to do the snow shoeing.

To everyone - Have a happy and safe holiday, enjoying the festivities of this special time of year with family and friends.

Cheers to all.
  • Well, it has turned into a Winter Wonderland here in northern MI! Roads were getting nasty this morning, and will be worse on the way home. May have to leave my car here and have VIP pick me up in his 4-wheel drive truck when he gets out of work. Maybe a 'snow' day for me tomorrow (though I'm taking work home with me tonight). We must have about 4" on the ground already, so only another 10" to come by later tomorrow! LOL Seriously though, the wind that is still to come will make it all exponentially worse due to the drifting. Such is life in the north!

Have a great day everyone!

I go in for afternoon shift today and tomorrow. No snow days as a nurse. Just hoping can get up the drive tonight when I get off. Last winter (spring) with the bad storm I lived at the hospital for the weekend. At least there was heat, water, and food also clean scrubs from the hospital supply.

WI yesterday 3.5# off. Both my sister and I have passed 40# mark.
  • Previous post quoted GreenIris re: snow Just wanted to give credit.