Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7

You're on Page 26 of 34
Go to
  • March 24th here!

I love reading and catching up on everyone's coming, goings and successes! Joysh, we're the same height so I find your December picture quite inspiring! Another 30-ish pounds for me and I'll have your cute little shape ~ congrats on your success!

Have a great week everyone! WI for me in the morning.
  • Me, too! Me, too!! I'm on the 30th!
  • Hi, all! March 26 here. And my sister too, who was born on my 1st birthday. Minch - my Dad is March 24 too.

My daughter, her husband, and 3 grandsons (1, 6, and 10) are moving in with us while some lead paint removal is done at their (old) house. Going to be a busy Christmas season! Had to move the gifts around so 2 of the boys can sleep on the couch in the study where I had been hiding them!

I hope this isn't too much togetherness!

Rainbow - so excited for you about the trip to Vermont! Nigel sounds like a real sweetheart.
  • Hi everyone, just seeing what you are all up to, have a nice evening!
  • Hi all, had my first weigh in since coming back from vacation - I missed last week's weigh in because my flight got in later. I lost 4.8 pounds over the last 2 weeks! I thought that was great! My weight loss has slowed a little since I started, but I can definitely live with 2.4 pounds a week! My coach asked me how it was trying to stay OP while I was on vacation, and I said, "Oh, it wasn't a problem at all." She then complimented me on my attitude, which I thought was very nice. Since my weigh in day is a Tuesday, I will miss both Christmas and New Year's, but I have an alternate weigh in on the 27th, so that will be my last weigh in of the year. I am SO grateful and thankful for this diet and this forum for all the support! The last weigh in before vacation they had cut my blood pressure medication in half and then when they took it today with the lower dose over the last two weeks it was only 96 over 74, so they are going to consider lowering it again or potentially stopping it altogether! Thank you, thank you Lord, IP and fellow IPeeps! I am so grateful for my health improvements!!
  • happy birthday dana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: Evepet, you have deciphered my username!
    Always a pleasure to meet my fellow 'fishettes'.
  • Quote: Hi all, had my first weigh in since coming back from vacation - I missed last week's weigh in because my flight got in later. I lost 4.8 pounds over the last 2 weeks! I thought that was great! My weight loss has slowed a little since I started, but I can definitely live with 2.4 pounds a week! My coach asked me how it was trying to stay OP while I was on vacation, and I said, "Oh, it wasn't a problem at all." She then complimented me on my attitude, which I thought was very nice. Since my weigh in day is a Tuesday, I will miss both Christmas and New Year's, but I have an alternate weigh in on the 27th, so that will be my last weigh in of the year. I am SO grateful and thankful for this diet and this forum for all the support! The last weigh in before vacation they had cut my blood pressure medication in half and then when they took it today with the lower dose over the last two weeks it was only 96 over 74, so they are going to consider lowering it again or potentially stopping it altogether! Thank you, thank you Lord, IP and fellow IPeeps! I am so grateful for my health improvements!!
    AWSOME job!
  • March 20th for me, and the 30th for my VIP

Quote: Hi Everyone!

I've been fine, but super busy getting final grades in and having Christmas performances. Now I'm finally on the way to Syracuse (on a layover now) to be with my daughter, 4-yr-old Luca and to meet the new baby Elijah!! I'm so excited!

I've entered the New Realm, a weight that I have not been at since I was in my teens or 20s. That's just a little while ago, huh..... It really is a brand new me and I'm so happy about it.

Have great holidays! I'm gonna see some SNOW!!
    Happy days - meeting the new grand, and entering your new realm! Love the way you put this Congratulations!

Quote: Hi all, had my first weigh in since coming back from vacation - I missed last week's weigh in because my flight got in later. I lost 4.8 pounds over the last 2 weeks! I thought that was great! My weight loss has slowed a little since I started, but I can definitely live with 2.4 pounds a week! My coach asked me how it was trying to stay OP while I was on vacation, and I said, "Oh, it wasn't a problem at all." She then complimented me on my attitude, which I thought was very nice. Since my weigh in day is a Tuesday, I will miss both Christmas and New Year's, but I have an alternate weigh in on the 27th, so that will be my last weigh in of the year. I am SO grateful and thankful for this diet and this forum for all the support! The last weigh in before vacation they had cut my blood pressure medication in half and then when they took it today with the lower dose over the last two weeks it was only 96 over 74, so they are going to consider lowering it again or potentially stopping it altogether! Thank you, thank you Lord, IP and fellow IPeeps! I am so grateful for my health improvements!!
    Wow, this is so impressive! Very happy for you!
  • Just want to share my P4 first few days experience...Saturday I had a 'free evening', which included 2 glasses of wine. I had planned 2 days of P1 to follow just cuz this was my first day of maintenance and I made it a partial free day. Sunday morning my scales showed nearly a 3 lb gain! THIS morning the scale was right back down to where it should have been! I am so happy, and now truly convinced that I will be able to handle maintenance for the long haul. I cannot begin to tell you how much of a relief this is...whew!

Snow report...the news just showed we are going to get dumped on this week...up to 13" of snow by Friday afternoon! Guess I'll have to bring some work home with me tomorrow in case I can't make it in on Thursday and/or Friday.

And lastly - is it Dana's birthday? If so - "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" TO DANA!
  • Quote: Just want to share my P4 first few days experience...Saturday I had a 'free evening', which included 2 glasses of wine. I had planned 2 days of P1 to follow just cuz this was my first day of maintenance and I made it a partial free day. Sunday morning my scales showed nearly a 3 lb gain! THIS morning the scale was right back down to where it should have been! I am so happy, and now truly convinced that I will be able to handle maintenance for the long haul. I cannot begin to tell you how much of a relief this is...
    This is great news! I hope to follow your lead in a few months and learn from your experiences. Congrats nicely done!
  • RAINBOW - BIG snow storm headed for the northeast!!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone, I just have to tell you all about my NSV today I posted it on the 100% thread but this is actually my home here on the 50's. My DH was off today and took me to get a new outfit for his upcoming party, I took a pair of 10's and 12's pants to try on and the 10's fit perfectly even a little loose In the legs but not the gut, but fit, I cried. And then the shirt he picked out fit and than the boots he picked zipped right up, and than everything was on sale and than we got an extra 20% off because its Tuesday I cried again! What a great feeling, couldn't believe it was me in the mirror, I'll take pictures when we go to the party. And this is why we DO THIS! Yea!
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I just have to tell you all about my NSV today I posted it on the 100% thread but this is actually my home here on the 50's. My DH was off today and took me to get a new outfit for his upcoming party, I took a pair of 10's and 12's pants to try on and the 10's fit perfectly even a little loose In the legs but not the gut, but fit, I cried. And then the shirt he picked out fit and than the boots he picked zipped right up, and than everything was on sale and than we got an extra 20% off because its Tuesday I cried again! What a great feeling, couldn't believe it was me in the mirror, I'll take pictures when we go to the party. And this is why we DO THIS! Yea!
    PICS PLEASE!! such a wonderful feeling to look in the mirror and realize someone put your head on a cute body and then realize that you did it!!!
    CONGRATS on the NSV
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I just have to tell you all about my NSV today I posted it on the 100% thread but this is actually my home here on the 50's. My DH was off today and took me to get a new outfit for his upcoming party, I took a pair of 10's and 12's pants to try on and the 10's fit perfectly even a little loose In the legs but not the gut, but fit, I cried. And then the shirt he picked out fit and than the boots he picked zipped right up, and than everything was on sale and than we got an extra 20% off because its Tuesday I cried again! What a great feeling, couldn't believe it was me in the mirror, I'll take pictures when we go to the party. And this is why we DO THIS! Yea!
    Those moments are so hard to describe; and harder for those that have not walked in our shoes to understand. So happy for you!