Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7

You're on Page 18 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Will Yough be Mine as we travel the knowledge road
    Still makes me think that it's Minnesota (Mine?). And maybe he's trying to imitate the accent (Yough)? Dunno.

Well, I woke up an hour early today since the clock on DH's side of the bed in the hotel was off by an hour and a half - so he jumped out of bed ready to go. I got up in the dark and grabbed what I thought was water in the fridge and went to take a swig and it turned out my DH had stashed vodka in the bottle for the trip. YUCK!!! Luckily I only got it on my tongue, but boy, was that ever a rude awakening!! Still can't get the taste out of my mouth!

Today should be interesting since we'll be out and about all day, but I'll have my travel packet with me!! Wish me luck! (BTW, I just realized that this is going to be the first time in awhile I'm forced to go 5 days without weighing myself (yes, I know I shouldn't weigh every day), so it'll be kind of fun weighing myself when I get back. Ummmm, at least I hope it'll be fun!!
  • Quote: Still makes me think that it's Minnesota (Mine?). And maybe he's trying to imitate the accent (Yough)? Dunno.

Well, I woke up an hour early today since the clock on DH's side of the bed in the hotel was off by an hour and a half - so he jumped out of bed ready to go. I got up in the dark and grabbed what I thought was water in the fridge and went to take a swig and it turned out my DH had stashed vodka in the bottle for the trip. YUCK!!! Luckily I only got it on my tongue, but boy, was that ever a rude awakening!! Still can't get the taste out of my mouth!

Today should be interesting since we'll be out and about all day, but I'll have my travel packet with me!! Wish me luck! (BTW, I just realized that this is going to be the first time in awhile I'm forced to go 5 days without weighing myself (yes, I know I shouldn't weigh every day), so it'll be kind of fun weighing myself when I get back. Ummmm, at least I hope it'll be fun!!
    ahhhhhh clever clever!!!
    mine...minn!! hmmmm????

too funny about that vodka!!

i totally get the scale thing...i weigh everyday too but am not talking it with me on our trip! i managed to do good in ohio for thanksgiving without it so i won't let it bother me!

hey isn't Minnesota the land of lakes?? he said we'd sit by a lake!
  • Quote:
    hey isn't Minnesota the land of lakes?? he said we'd sit by a lake!
    Yep!! I think that's got to be it! At least it doesn't sound like he's planning to make shopping at the mall the centerpiece of the trip!! And what a cool, thoughtful thing to do with all the hints. Sounds like you've got a really sweet guy there!

(Still trying to get the vodka taste out of my mouth! )
  • Quote: Yep!! I think that's got to be it! At least it doesn't sound like he's planning to make shopping at the mall the centerpiece of the trip!! And what a cool, thoughtful thing to do with all the hints. Sounds like you've got a really sweet guy there!

(Still trying to get the vodka taste out of my mouth! )
    he IS the sweetest man!!! and i am loving the clues even if it is driving me nuts!!

told my daughter last night about going away for christmas, and she said, i know...so i tried to get clues from her!! she said nigel told her in august!! argghhhhh!!! he is way tooooo good at keeping surprises!!!

we never go away at christmas...its his thing...he likes to wake up in his own bed on christmas morning! i get that....so i never mind. then in july, our family, because it has grown, decided to DRAW NAMES for christmas exchange instead of buying for everyone...so he planned this with the christmas fund he saves all year!! i am so tickled he is taking me to see snow. its been some years now since i have seen a real good snow. charleston did see some flurries a few years back....but we just don't get much snow here!

might have to pack the ole snow shovel hiding out in the garage and give that shovel a great christmas!! its been feeling neglected lately!!!

• where is everyone????

i miss reading your wonderful posts about your day and your journey!!

• Rainbow - There is a place called Yough in Pennsylvania. There is a coal miners memorial there, so there must have been mines in the area (at least at one time). Is Pennsylvania a possibility?? The Youghiogheny river lake is there - part of the Youghiogheny River I think - I remember rafting that river at summer camp when I was a kid... It's in the Allegheny mountains, so likely there will be snow.

I kind of hope this is not the answer because then the clues would stop...
  • Quote: Rainbow - There is a place called Yough in Pennsylvania. There is a coal miners memorial there, so there must have been mines in the area (at least at one time). Is Pennsylvania a possibility?? The Youghiogheny river lake is there - part of the Youghiogheny River I think - I remember rafting that river at summer camp when I was a kid... It's in the Allegheny mountains, so likely there will be snow.

I kind of hope this is not the answer because then the clues would stop...
    lizzy....i saw that on the map!! i looked up the word YOUGH and that is what came up!! however, we have been to Pennsylvania and he did say it was a state he has never been to.

i also thought about coal mines, or gold mines, or some kind of mine!!

also, still puzzled over the "knowledge" road??? haha
  • Rainbow– Could it be Wisconsin? The "cheesey" is why I ask. Also, Lake Geneva is a very pretty area there.
  • evepet....are you feeling any better???
  • ok so i'm going back over my clues....

1. he said its a state that HE has NEVER been to.
    which i think i have narrowed down to these:
    north dakota, south dakota, minnesota, nebraska, iowa, wisconsin, connecticut, rhode island and vermont

2. he said it was a 75% chance or better of snow on christmas day based on usa todays chart
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weath...e/whitcmas.htm

3. he said it was within 20 hours drive from charleston sc

4. he said to pack all warm clothes including snow boots, coat, hat, scarves, gloves because it would be cold

5. O my Darling, Who knew the road from Brighton would lead to Charleston and I would marry the Darling Princess of my Dreams!

May All your Winter Snow wishes come true, And I'm Sure they will, for Darling, not everything is as it seems!

6. Backpack & Binoculars & a Picnic for 2
    We'll sit and watch wildlife and enjoy a lake view

we shall go hiking even if it snowed
    Will Yough be Mine as we travel the knowledge road

I know you want more clues But i can't make it too easy
    Have fun guessing, Hope my clues are not too cheesy

7, i asked if i need a passport and he said, yes, no, maybe so...
    but then bubbleblower reminded me he did said STATE...so probably no where in canada

8. he did mention about taking me to the biggest mall in america but that was before the clues started and before he told me we were going away for christmas. even so....the sorta points to minnesota! haha

so this is what i have concluded...its north, obviously hahaha
    all of those states fall into the 75% or greater category

i think north dakota is too far and south dakota is probably too far too to stay within the 20 hour drive.
  • Quote: Rainbow– Could it be Wisconsin? The "cheesey" is why I ask. Also, Lake Geneva is a very pretty area there.
    i forgot about wisconsin....he has not been there! good point about the cheese!! i will go research more!!

ooooo i dont want to wait until tomorrow for another clue!!

i'm getting NO HOUSEWORK done!! hahaha this is fun but insane! hahaha
  • Hi everyone, had WI today, down another 1.2 lbs, very thankful for that!
  • Quote: Hi everyone, had WI today, down another 1.2 lbs, very thankful for that!
  • RAINBOW I'd b going crazy too ! Especially since others know!!! maybe it's a state of mind!
  • Quote: RAINBOW I'd b going crazy too ! Especially since others know!!! maybe it's a state of mind!
    a state of mind!!! is that like a virtual holiday where you don't actually GO anywhere??? ooo i hope its not that!! hahaha i really hope to see some snow!!