Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: congrats! What a wonderful present!

Well today was WI and lost 2 lbs, and was happy about that and Tom is just days away so next week should be good. My DH and I are going out of town for a weekend get a way and see George Lopez, and some christmass shopping and see a river of lights and some lovin! I can hardly wait! Leaving in about 2 hours, got my cooler packed and rtds and pkts And vitiamins , I'm ready! Yea!
    Way to go, Teena! Enjoy your weekend.
  • Quote: HI Dear 50+ Fab IPeeps!

Just want to share my wonderful news! My daughter in Syracuse gave birth this morning to my new little grandson, Elijah! All are well and healthy and I'm so thankful!!! I'll go up on Dec. 17 after finals and grades are in. So excited!! Hooray! Hooray!

WI was pretty good this week, too. Another 1.5 pounds gone!

Tomorrow night I'm having a Wassail and Wine Party for my department and some friends. This means I'll provide wassail, wine, and many non-IP snacks. But I'm going to stay OP 100% anyway. No problem at all!
    Congratulations! How exciting :-)

Quote: congrats! What a wonderful present!

Well today was WI and lost 2 lbs, and was happy about that and Tom is just days away so next week should be good. My DH and I are going out of town for a weekend get a way and see George Lopez, and some christmass shopping and see a river of lights and some lovin! I can hardly wait! Leaving in about 2 hours, got my cooler packed and rtds and pkts And vitiamins , I'm ready! Yea!
    Woot! Way to go! Hmmm I don't see a "high five" guy to put on here.. so here's a hug!

Work is still crazy. Hoping whoosh fairy comes my way tonight....WI is tomorrow.
  • Quote: HI Dear 50+ Fab IPeeps!

Just want to share my wonderful news! My daughter in Syracuse gave birth this morning to my new little grandson, Elijah! All are well and healthy and I'm so thankful!!! I'll go up on Dec. 17 after finals and grades are in. So excited!! Hooray! Hooray!

WI was pretty good this week, too. Another 1.5 pounds gone!

Tomorrow night I'm having a Wassail and Wine Party for my department and some friends. This means I'll provide wassail, wine, and many non-IP snacks. But I'm going to stay OP 100% anyway. No problem at all!
    Mazel Tov!!! Love the name.
  • Thank you all for the congratulations! I'm very excited about meeting little Elijah in a week and a half! Yes, I love the name, too. His four year-old sister is Luca (meaning light)!

Tonight I had my annual Wassail and Wine party for the entire music faculty at my house, with a few of my close friends too. I made all the food, even baked and decorated cookies last night. I won't describe the food, although I did not eat any of it. I sent most of it home with friends, but will need to dispose of the rest tomorrow. It was wonderful to have the house filled with people and not to feel tempted to eat and eat, and then feel bad. I just enjoyed being with everyone without stuffing my face.

Thanks for the ideas about the grape drink and tea. I just drank my water in a wine glass and noshed on the veggies. I also ate one of my IP double chocolate bars. Yum.

Quote: Congratulations Joysh!! Love those traditional names!

I am looking forward to a sleepover with my middle grandson, Noah, on Friday. He's going to help us choose a Christmas tree - better late than never.
    Noah is also a wonderful name!
  • Good morning, ladies! Just wanted to wish you all a nice weekend. We're heading out to Disneyland tomorrow afternoon for a few days, so I'll be MIA until we get back. Already loaded up on IP products to take with me to stay as close to OP as possible - wish me luck!

I'll touch base when we get back!

Sharon
  • Have a good time at Disneyland Sharon. I think the IP products would work very well there, you will be so busy walking with so much to do that food is just an afterthought.

Joysh, everytime I read wassail in your posts for the past few days I felt the urge to break out in song, which would certainly would not sound like your guests. Does wassailing actually involve singing or just drinking and eating from house to house?

I do love your grandchildren's names and also Lizzy's grandson's. Having spent 40 years in elementary classroom I really notice children's names.
    We did go through a period in which people were making up what sounded to me strange names but the tread now is really back to the traditional names.

But it broke my heart the other day to meet a child called Felony.
  • Quote: WI today 6#!!! That was a pleasant surprise. Felt like it was 9 wks ago when I started and had big losses.
    Congrats!

Quote: HI Dear 50+ Fab IPeeps!

What a great way to start the holidays! Love the name!

Quote: congrats! What a wonderful present!

Two pounds more towards your goal....Congratulations!

Quote: Good morning, ladies! Just wanted to wish you all a nice weekend. We're heading out to Disneyland tomorrow afternoon for a few days, so I'll be MIA until we get back. Already loaded up on IP products to take with me to stay as close to OP as possible - wish me luck!

I'll touch base when we get back!

Sharon
    Have a wonderful time in Disney, I just love it there.

Morning!! Down another 2 pounds for the week...it might actually have been 3 but the scale was jumping up and down and I just took the number that came up twice. Hate when that happens but next week it should be a bigger loss then, right?

Spent and hour last night restringing the last row of lights on the tree, hate when that happens. Put a new box on, plugged the old ones back in and they lit up so I tossed them. They were and older set so who knows.

Off today so I'll be baking and freezing it for the holidays. Have a great day everyone!
  • Just wanted to introduce myself. I just started yesterday and am happy to have found this group. So far the diet is easy (I know; that's probably easy to say after just one day on the plan!). The only problem I'm having so far is a killer headache, but I'm hoping that will go away over the next few days.

I don't have as much weight to lose as some (I'm at 160 and my goal is 135; height is 66.5"), but I'm finally feeling like I may have found a diet that will work for me. For the past 15 years it's been a constant struggle.

DH and I are going away for a long weekend next weekend and then will be away for a couple of weeks over the holidays. Guess I'm going to have a lot of IP food in my bag! I thought about waiting until after the holidays to start, but that probably would have meant just having more to lose when I finally did get started.
  • Hooray! Milestone down!
    I hit my 100 lb loss mark today! I'm so excited! I'll have to do new photos today, but I just had to say something here quick.
  • Quote: Good morning, ladies! Just wanted to wish you all a nice weekend. We're heading out to Disneyland tomorrow afternoon for a few days, so I'll be MIA until we get back. Already loaded up on IP products to take with me to stay as close to OP as possible - wish me luck!
    Sharon
    Sharon, have a wonderful time in Disneyland!! What fun! BTW, I'm Sharon, too!

Quote: Joysh, everytime I read wassail in your posts for the past few days I felt the urge to break out in song, which would certainly would not sound like your guests. Does wassailing actually involve singing or just drinking and eating from house to house?

I do love your grandchildren's names and also Lizzy's grandson's. Having spent 40 years in elementary classroom I really notice children's names.
    We did go through a period in which people were making up what sounded to me strange names but the tread now is really back to the traditional names.

But it broke my heart the other day to meet a child called Felony.
    Hi Pat. I've done the caroling, but this party of Wassail and Wine was just a gathering of people to eat and visit and yak away while listening to my wonderful Christmas music mixes. We did have a short piano concert from a 6 year old, who played Jingle Bells and Ode to Joy to an audience of the most accomplished musicians in town! When I lived in Houston for many years, my annual party included hours upon hours of singing and music-making, but its latest incarnation here in Louisiana is a bit different. The guests are all professional musicians, so they relish the time NOT to play instruments, but to visit. Strange, huh? I make a great wassail, though, with fruit juices and spices. Non-IP, but no added sugars.

My other daughter named her twins Eva and Charlotte. It is interesting how the more "traditional" names are making a comeback.

Quote: Just wanted to introduce myself. I just started yesterday and am happy to have found this group. So far the diet is easy (I know; that's probably easy to say after just one day on the plan!). The only problem I'm having so far is a killer headache, but I'm hoping that will go away over the next few days....DH and I are going away for a long weekend next weekend and then will be away for a couple of weeks over the holidays. Guess I'm going to have a lot of IP food in my bag! I thought about waiting until after the holidays to start, but that probably would have meant just having more to lose when I finally did get started.
    Welcome, Bubbleblower!!Yes, the headache will go away in a few days and once you're in ketosis you'll start to feel really good! Good idea to start now! I've been on this since June and thought I'd be done by Christmas, but it will be January for me. I'm a little relieved that I don't have to worry about the holiday foods, since I have always gained 5-10 pounds from Thanksgiving to New Years. This year I'll lose during that time and that will be the best way to start the new year!

• Quote: I hit my 100 lb loss mark today! I'm so excited! I'll have to do new photos today, but I just had to say something here quick.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! HALFAGAIN!!!!
    HOW AMAZING !!!!!!!!

:ba lloons:

What an achievement!!!!
  • Quote:
    Welcome, Bubbleblower!!Yes, the headache will go away in a few days and once you're in ketosis you'll start to feel really good! Good idea to start now! I've been on this since June and thought I'd be done by Christmas, but it will be January for me. I'm a little relieved that I don't have to worry about the holiday foods, since I have always gained 5-10 pounds from Thanksgiving to New Years. This year I'll lose during that time and that will be the best way to start the new year!

Thanks! My DH remarked this morning that he was really surprised that I started the diet at this time of year. From my perspective, it was the best time for me to start. Yesterday we had a "Holiday Desserts Party" at work and there were at least 6-7 tables crammed with goodies. I made sure to eat one of the IP snack bars beforehand and went down to the party, water bottle in hand. I didn't even find the sweets all that tempting (I'm not that big of a sweets lover anyway), but I know that I would have tried a little bit of just about everything if I hadn't started the program. Then I'd just be further behind by the time the holidays were over.

I was up every two hours last night visiting the bathroom so I know that what I lost is just water weight, but it feels great to be on the right track!
  • Quote: I hit my 100 lb loss mark today! I'm so excited! I'll have to do new photos today, but I just had to say something here quick.
    Wow!!! CONGRATS!
    Woo-Hoo!!! Way to go HalfAgain!

You've joined the Century Club!

Quote: Thanks! My DH remarked this morning that he was really surprised that I started the diet at this time of year. From my perspective, it was the best time for me to start. Yesterday we had a "Holiday Desserts Party" at work and there were at least 6-7 tables crammed with goodies. I made sure to eat one of the IP snack bars beforehand and went down to the party, water bottle in hand. I didn't even find the sweets all that tempting (I'm not that big of a sweets lover anyway), but I know that I would have tried a little bit of just about everything if I hadn't started the program. Then I'd just be further behind by the time the holidays were over.

I was up every two hours last night visiting the bathroom so I know that what I lost is just water weight, but it feels great to be on the right track!
    Welcome Bubbleblower. Yep - it's working if you were up on and off all night peeing! LOL. That's a sure sign.
    I'd been feeling a little sorry for myself, thinking that I'd already be at goal by Christmas. But the more I think about it, the more I think it's better that I'm still 'actively dieting'.... much less temptation this way to overindulge.
  • Quote: Just wanted to introduce myself. I just started yesterday and am happy to have found this group. So far the diet is easy (I know; that's probably easy to say after just one day on the plan!). The only problem I'm having so far is a killer headache, but I'm hoping that will go away over the next few days.

I don't have as much weight to lose as some (I'm at 160 and my goal is 135; height is 66.5"), but I'm finally feeling like I may have found a diet that will work for me. For the past 15 years it's been a constant struggle.

DH and I are going away for a long weekend next weekend and then will be away for a couple of weeks over the holidays. Guess I'm going to have a lot of IP food in my bag! I thought about waiting until after the holidays to start, but that probably would have meant just having more to lose when I finally did get started.
    WELCOME to both IP & the Fab 50's thread here on 3FC! Enjoy your upcoming travels!

Quote: I hit my 100 lb loss mark today! I'm so excited! I'll have to do new photos today, but I just had to say something here quick.
    AWESOME-NESS!!!! Congratulations halfagain!!!! And you've really lost it fast