IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/29/2012

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.
  • DezD- I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Quote: I'm feeling more confident about Vegas. They're saying we will have mini fridges as well as paid transportation to the grocery store. Anyone have any raw veggie suggestions? I'm so proud to be a part of this community and know others are there to support and to inspire bc of all the hard work and pay off y'all have WORKED for and achieved!
    I too am heading to Vegas next week (from DC) -- a two-day work trip. For veggies, I'm planning on taking a whack of Persian cucumbers. They are small and I can eat them without having to cut them up. Same with some mini-peppers. Easy to snack on. Not so exciting I realize, but it'll get the job done.
  • Not feeling so well this morning. Some congestion, coughing, and nausea...any suggestions. I been drinking green tea and water....trying hard to stay OP but when Im sick like this pho cures it....so everyone wish me luck lol. I can hardly keep anything down
  • Quote: Not feeling so well this morning. Some congestion, coughing, and nausea...any suggestions. I been drinking green tea and water....trying hard to stay OP but when Im sick like this pho cures it....so everyone wish me luck lol. I can hardly keep anything down
    I know exactly how you feel! I myslef am not feeling well today either...same symptoms as you and the last thing I feel like doing is having something to eat. All I want to do is crack open some ginger ale and lay in bed or make some tea with honey and neither of those are an option while on this diet. I am sure that we will both get over this. I am just drinking some regular tea and trying my best to get what food I can into me knowing that it will pass!

I hope you feel better soon!
  • Quote: Hi all - it's a beautiful wintry morning here in northern MI!

Had my WI this morning and lost another 2.5 lbs & 1.5" while on P2! My coach & I decided I would start P3 on Sunday! Can't believe how fast the last 6 months on IP has gone! I did change my goal weight from 135 to 140 (and that is what my home scale shows - 140). Could not have done this without everyone one here on 3FC, so THANK YOU all! Your support, ideas, sharing & discussions have all been invaluable! LizRR - tonight I'm going to 'study' your P3 breakfast thread. Need to get all my breakfasts planned and a new grocery list started. Wuv - your determination has been a huge inspiration to me. Thank you, and congratulations on your awesome achievements!
    I too am going to stick around through 'thick & thin' to help me maintain. No reward for me until I've maintained for one full year - then a full spa day

RE: men losing faster than women - so unfair, but fact. Hang in there Lulu64 - your time will come!

Have a great OP day!
    Greeniris - way to go - you are gonna love phase 3. Be sure to check out those recipes... LizRR has some great ideas!

Quote: Why am I upset about this ???

I ordered this tunic (I believe) the MIDDLE of October. Started IP the end of October. It was on back order and I forgot about it 1/2 the time. Right before Thanksgiving, I called the company and asked about the back order. I also asked about changing the size. I had to go to work so once I got the info and a little run around, (they are usually good,but when I talk to the CS who's a guy, he's clueless) I thought I will follow-up tomorrow. Well, even though the guy on the phone said it was back ordered for a few more days, it was shipped the very next day. Size 22.
    I figured I would try it anyway, you know how brands all fit different. Well, it was huge. About 2+inches on each side. It's so soft and pretty, I thought I'll keep it, use it as a dress with black tights and boots (I don't own).
    Well, I decided to call this morning and order an 18. By the time I get it, who knows how the 20 will fit. Of course, it's a popular item. The 18 is out of stock with no back order noted at this time.
    Should I wait or just send it back?? It's so pretty IRL, but at this rate, it might be Spring when I can order it and what size will I need then?? I still have 30 days to think about it.

I would go with a much smaller size. Sometimes,especially early on, it seemed I could drop a size in 1 - 2 weeks!

Quote: Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.
    So sorry for your loss! And welcome back!
  • Quote: Why am I upset about this ???

I ordered this tunic (I believe) the MIDDLE of October. Started IP the end of October. It was on back order and I forgot about it 1/2 the time. Right before Thanksgiving, I called the company and asked about the back order. I also asked about changing the size. I had to go to work so once I got the info and a little run around, (they are usually good,but when I talk to the CS who's a guy, he's clueless) I thought I will follow-up tomorrow. Well, even though the guy on the phone said it was back ordered for a few more days, it was shipped the very next day. Size 22.
    I figured I would try it anyway, you know how brands all fit different. Well, it was huge. About 2+inches on each side. It's so soft and pretty, I thought I'll keep it, use it as a dress with black tights and boots (I don't own).
    Well, I decided to call this morning and order an 18. By the time I get it, who knows how the 20 will fit. Of course, it's a popular item. The 18 is out of stock with no back order noted at this time.
    Should I wait or just send it back?? It's so pretty IRL, but at this rate, it might be Spring when I can order it and what size will I need then?? I still have 30 days to think about it.

if you really love the tunic you might want to take it somewhere to have it taken in, I'm doing that with some clothes that I really like and don't want to get rid of.
  • Quote: I know exactly how you feel! I myslef am not feeling well today either...same symptoms as you and the last thing I feel like doing is having something to eat. All I want to do is crack open some ginger ale and lay in bed or make some tea with honey and neither of those are an option while on this diet. I am sure that we will both get over this. I am just drinking some regular tea and trying my best to get what food I can into me knowing that it will pass!

I hope you feel better soon!
    thanks hun im glad im not alone...i been drinking water and green tea with one splenda to see if that helps and eating very slowly lol...i hope you feel better and yes we will surpass this! i will not allow a gain at my weigh in tomorrow!!!
  • i'm reading the maintenance vol 7 thread and the reboot thread. is there anyone still posting here who didnt have to go back into the phases or eating packets occasionally to maintain their losses?
  • NinjaNurse - personally, I would send it back and not worry about it until you are at your goal weight. Lizzy63 is right, there will be times you're going to be dropping sizes almost weekly. No sense buying new &/or expensive clothes you will only be able to wear for such a short time. I've gotten some awesome clothes at 2nd hand stores, some brand new, including a full length leather coat in excellent condition for $10!

DezD - I am so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine just how difficult it must be for you. (I'm glad you're back to taking care of yourself now.) And I wouldn't be afraid to go back to your coach - with everything you've been through, they ought to be very supportive.

Lots of bugs going around - both VIP & I have been sick too. Ugh...
  • Quote: Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.
    So sorry for your loss. You look beautiful in all your pics. Welcome back!
  • Quote: thanks hun im glad im not alone...i been drinking water and green tea with one splenda to see if that helps and eating very slowly lol...i hope you feel better and yes we will surpass this! i will not allow a gain at my weigh in tomorrow!!!
    Do you have an ginger tea?? Ginger is great for nausea.
    Feel better, both of you!!
  • Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much lately.

Very stressful times happening. I just got accepted into a nursing program to further my education, and of course they want money and health info and blah blah ASAP. I've been running around getting everything together, taking out loans, aand just driving myself crazy.

Unfortunately I won't be able to continue IP because my money is being drained by school, and I have to cut down my work hours. I think I am going to phase off for a bit and then jump in with alternatives after the holidays. I am going to try my hardest to maintain while off IP. Just so stressed about school, money, health.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have presented themselves, though. Just taking it one step at a time!
  • Thank you all for letting me indulge in my whining............There is no other choice but to send it back. There is no way I am going to fit into it.
    I'll keep checking the site as time goes on and see what happens. I get discount emails and postcards all the time.

greeniris: There is a consignment shop right near my clinic. I have seen a lot of pretty items on display there and I do think, one day!!!
  • I'm so so sorry for your loss, DezD.