RubenMuse's 10 pound challenge!

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Okay girlies..... I have to agree with Ellis (which I do on just about everything) that if I don't weigh daily I would be about 100 pounds heavier...it helps keep me OP

Well, I have been AWOL due to school and work for the most part. TOM is almost over maybe I will start making some head way. I have been doing pretty good as far as calories go, exercise is still pretty non-exsistant. DH has my workout room full of cabinet doors right now, refinishing them but that doesn't keep me from walking now does it? (hummm got to get my bumm up and get some exercise)

Well I am 164.5 this morning. Well when we started this 10 pound challenge I was 164... when I started the challenge.. I guess I will not try to make 158 by the 10th, that is only 6 pounds and it doesn't seem like that much but that would be an average of 3 pounds every 5 days and well lets be honest that would promote some major anxiety. I guess I will be forced to go out and buy something to wear for graduation.

Well lets see what my goals are for the rest of this week.

1. Drink water
    2. Try to cook before 8:30 PM (may seem like a stretch but the kids were eating at 9PM last night due to my zoning in on my school work)
    3. Walk some every day
    4. Stay at about 1200 calories
    5. Eat my veggies

I have started drinking coffee again, pardon the frankness but it keeps me regular... I have a problem with that so I know that caffiene is supposed to be bad for you but well isn't just about everything?

Okay guess that gets me up to date.

Mauvais ~ Sorry to hear about the weight difference.... a scale is a scale is a scale.... none of the weigh the same... for years mine at home weighed exactly 6 pounds lighter than the one at work so I liked the one at home better... Tossed it out this year because I knew that it was also a comfort zone.

Brunissen ~ welcome to the challenge.... Weekends are hard for everyone.... it is just so easy to splurge then, just hang in there things will happen eventually. At least that is what I have heard

Well guys I have a house to clean and an appointment at the school so I better get the bun in gear or I will never get through and then I will cascade in to and OMG state when I haven't studied for my finals.

Amy
    176/164.5/135
  • Oh Amy i am in the middle of finals too. Wonderful state of mind while trying to watch the weigh
  • Just an update to my personal goals based on a discussion with my personal trainer last night:

Personal Goals:
    1. Work out with trainer 4x a week
    2. DO MY CARDIO
    Elliptical Cross Trainer - 3x a week 35 minutes
    Climbing Stairs @ Home - 1x a week 20 minutes (ugh!)
    3. Swimming 1x a week
    4. Eat more Fruit/Veggies
    5. Get back on my eating plan!!!!!
    1300 calories / day

BTW - Did AWESOME Yesterday! My workout was great, and I stayed on track with my eating. And I dropped 2lbs of water weight I knew I was carrying around since TOM came and went.
  • WhoooHooo Brun .... you go girl! you indeed are doing AWESOME! hang in there it only gets better!!!
  • Well Rubens... it is my final finals too so that is upping my stress level... I graduate in 10 days, I started the professional component of my nursing school at 141 pounds 6 pounds from goal... now I am 164.5- 29.5 pounds from goal.... took 5 semesters to put it on wonder how long it will take to take it off?

Pondering why I gained all that weight back? Could not be that I haven't exercised on a regular basis since last summer?
  • Thanks Rubens - and for the positive note in my journal - it does really help!
  • You're welcome!!!!
    Man last night was the last night of another class....only 1 more to go! All will be over May 12,. I soooo cannot wait.

got in another good long walk last night...almost 3 miles!!! It will be interesting to see what the scale says about it.
  • Yep Rubens! I finished my last real class on Monday, I have to do a group presentation on Friday then Finals Monday and Tuesday. It seems like then maybe I can focus on myself

Amy
  • Yipppeee down to 162 this morning. That is 2.5 for the week but 3.5 since my last E-diets weigh in. 4 pounds to my mini goal of 158

The only thing I have managed to do this week is stay away from processed carb and not eat so so late. Well I have a big day, got my group project to do so I better get the rear in gear. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Well my weigh-in was a bust.
    only .5 pound...and all that walking...sheesh...
    but I am happy about 1 thing and to me it's a BIG thing. I am officially, completely, no-going-back--OUT OF my size 22s!

I had one pair of shorts that were loose, but wearable, well there is nothing keeping them up now. So I took those clothes, put them in a bag and plan on giving them away. It's hard to believe that a 2 months ago I was edging going back into 24's cause some of the 22 were pinching.

Hello 20's and even some of my 18s!!
    See before the 18's were unheard of...sitting on the shelf for years. My 20s were OK, but some were uncomfortable. NOW they are all fitting and very comfortably. Not tight, not loose. Next will be ditching ALL the 20's! the 18s are workable, but have to do a little 'hop' to make them. i want to yank them on and not have the hop or the 'fall out' at the waist....know what i mean?

So even though there is not a much the scale says, I am still OP and feeling good.

But dang.....how am i supposed to keep up with Mauv at this rate? June 1 10 lbs eh? wheew.
  • Amy!!!!! Great way to start!!!! You're doing great!!!
  • Hey...
    Don't knock a half pound weight loss... especially if you are doing a lot of exercising. That is probably what I have averaged over the last several months and look... its totaled up to a twenty pound weight loss! Plus it really is healthier to lose weight more slowly, and its more likely to stay off. Good job everyone!
  • Well this will be an interesting week. I will be testing a theory (see journal). Basically I will be adding some calories.....NOT the slurpee, fries like mentioned in the journal though
    I will just add a bit more food and see if this doctor-friend's theory holds any weight (pardon the pun). I WILL keep you all informed and I think I may even do a mid week (Wed) weigh, just to see if it changes anything.
  • Well tonight is weigh in at WW, we will see how it goes..
    I tried to be good on the weekend by eating regular meals, drinking lots of water but I did eat a chocolate bar and some swedish berries at the movies on Saturday night
  • Monday Morning weigh-in

Okay, so I do weigh myself EVERY DAY, but I have decided that the monday morning weight will be the "official" weight for this challenge.

04/29/03 weight: 314.4
    05/05/03 weight: 311.6
    difference: -2.8

I would have done MUCH better, but I kind of blew it this weekend (too much food, no exercising, not enough water yesterday). I did learn something however - no matter how badly I'm craving Oscar Mayer weiners, once I actually buy them and eat some, I realize I just don't like the taste. Thankfully I realized that after only 4.5 of them rather than the whole package of 10!