Recovering Binge-Eater

• Hi,
    I have never been part of an online community, but there is a first time for everything right? As a recovering binge-eater I need all the support I can get!

During the last 4-5 years I have developed an unhealthy relationship with food. Since moving out of my parents' house and living with my boyfriend, I increasingly started turning to food to cover up my true feelings. It didn't matter whether I was feeling inadequate, stressed or lonely, I would stuff my face with loaves of bread, yogurt, sugar, apples, bananas, nuts, oatmeal.
    I thought that one could not binge on healthy foods, but I would fool myself into thinking one apple/slice of bread can't hurt. Then I would slip into this "other world" where the only thing that mattered was what I would eat next.

My mom is obese and I do not want to turn into her.
    So, as of late I have been sticking to three meals per day. Today is my third day and I am committed to making this last. My binge-starve cycles only make me more lonely and sad. I am too young to hide behind food for the rest of my live!
    Right now I am sticking to a serving size of oatmeal for breakfast, salads with some healthy fats for lunch and eating dinner with my boyfriend. Right now I am too scared to have fruit in the house, because they often started my binge....
    I am 132 lbs right now and would like to get to 115 lbs. My main focus is however to stop this horrible behavior.
  • Hi! Welcome! I'm just like you, I've never really been in an online community either, I just lurk a lot because I'm shy

Hmm, I have to say, I am not sure how one deals with binge-eating! My problem is I'm more of a lazy blob who doesn't like to exercise. But I'm sure we'll both find the support we need here
  • Hi creative! Welcome to 3FC