Vibration/rattle in lung due to intense work out

• Has this happened to anyone before? Im a little worried.. In track class we had to run a mile in as little time as possible (9minutes for me) and i have NEVER experienced the same kind of pain immediately afterwards in my chest as i did today. And now,a few hours later, i have a wheezy cough and my lung keeps vibrating Everytime i breathe out.

Should i be worried? This is new to me
  • Every time you have chest pain you should contact your doctor. Cough and wheezing are signs of asthma (not saying you have it)

I would check with your doctor right away.
  • This is the sort of thing you should call your doctor about, or go to a clinic. It could be something, it could be nothing but you need MEDICAL advice, not internet strangers guessing.
  • Was it cold out? Running in cold weather can damage your lungs, albeit it's usually temporary.
  • I get that when I have a cold or bronchitis (or even pneaumonia! Happened when I had H1N1), but that was just me walking around the drugstore waiting on medication.

I would definately get that checked out and make sure they do a breath test and if you're short, don't leave without getting a breathing treatment.
  • Exercise can induce asthma, especially in the cold. See a doctor.
  • Thanks guys, i knew it was weird but I didnt think it was that serious.
    It stopped rattling but I now have a kind of wettish cough I never had before running today. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and as a child I had asthma, it went away though because Ive never had respiratory issues again especially with exercise.. so weird..
  • I never run to the doctor right away... I wait 7-10 days, if it persists then I see the doctor...