Eggnog!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, one of my favorite things at Christmas is some eggnog. We have a local coffee shop called CC's that makes the BEST eggnog latte. SO! does anyone have a recipe or an idea? yes I searched the recipe threads for eggnog and nothing came up. I would appreciate any ideas!

• Holiday Eggnog IP Style (by the pitcher)

1 Packet Plain Egg Mix
    1 Vanilla ReadyMade (cold)
    8 oz of Water
    20 drops Clear SweetLeaf Drops
    1 Capful Rum Extract
    1 Capful Vanilla Extract
    Nutmeg to taste

Sorry, haven't tried it though.
    Molly
  • My clinic doesn't offer plain egg mix... I have been using the vanilla drink, a packet of splenda and some nutmeg and allspice. It was alright, needs tweaking!
  • Quote: My clinic doesn't offer plain egg mix... I have been using the vanilla drink, a packet of splenda and some nutmeg and allspice. It was alright, needs tweaking!
    Your clinic doesn't have the plain omelet?

Here is the one I found online. Looks like a slight variation

Holiday Eggnog Recipe

Here’s a great way to enjoy one of your holiday favorite drinks without the sugar or carbs:

One Ideal Protein Ready Mix Vanilla Drink
    One Ideal Protein Plain Omelet mix
    Nutmeg to taste

Mix up the omlette per directions then add 1/4 of the mixed omlette to the Ready Mix Vanilla drink. Add nutmeg to taste. Enjoy

I thought I saw a different recipe, too. I'll keep digging.
  • THX! appreciate it
  • Quote: Your clinic doesn't have the plain omelet?
    Nope. Just the fine herbs and cheese. But my coach said if I can add egg whites to my meals on days I'm really hungry/craving, but I find the vanilla drink w. splenda and spices satisfying enough for my tastes.
  • Thanks, Molly, for posting the eggnog recipe. It's not the holidays without it! My coach doesn't have the plain omelet,either, but I'm sure we can find an alternative product at Nashua or Doctors Best Weight Loss. Can't wait to try this!
  • Last week I found a copy of the recipe Molly provided so I ordered the plain omelette but used vanilla pudding mix made with 8oz water instead of the vanilla RTD. It turned out pretty good for drinking cold but then I tried heating up a bit to put in decaf coffee for an eggnog latte. NOT a good idea to heat it, the omelette gelled together and I was left with a lumpy floating mess.
  • thx Kit kat! I was thinking of doing the same thing. My son loves them so when he gets home for Christmas I may go to CC's and get him one and have a few sips. It amazes me how a sip now satisfies me!
  • DaVinci makes an Eggnog flavoured syrup...I just ordered some to get it in my coffee for eggnog flavoured latte type drinks. Maybe try adding some to the vanilla drink??
  • I use hot tea to satisfy my pumpkin spice latte fix. I steep two tea bags in the vanilla ready made, warmed. Then add nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice or just cinnamon. Works very well. My new fav breakfast!
  • Two others I found on line, perhaps a little experimentation?
    Eggnog 2:
    1 Ideal Protein Readymade Vanilla Drink
    3 Drops of Brandy Extract
    Sprinkle of Nutmeg and Cinnamon to Taste

Eggnog 3:
    Ideal Protein readymade vanilla drink
    Walden Farms carmel sauce
    pumpkin spice coffee creamer (no cal no carb)
    cinnamon
    nutmeg
    blend then warm in a saucepan on low for a few minutes. Do not overheat.

My best guess would be to follow recipe 1, gently warming and stirring as though making custard, adding a dash of pumpkin pie spice, (a teaspoon or two of instant coffee if desired) then finish it off with the brandy extract (if going for the traditional eggnog flavor). Serve with a sprinkling of nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
    But I must admit, I wondered about working with the butterscotch pudding mix in it is well, but just don't see working it out today!

Enjoy!
  • Quote: DaVinci makes an Eggnog flavoured syrup...I just ordered some to get it in my coffee for eggnog flavoured latte type drinks. Maybe try adding some to the vanilla drink??
    I've use it a couple times this season already. I add my vanilla pudding, 6 oz water, alot of ice cubes (10 or so) and 2 tbsps of the syrup, and a dash of cinnamon; blend and drink - loved it!!!
  • Bumping this post! Tis the season!
  • Found this recipe, too, from the Bothell Chiropractic & Wellness Clinic:

Ideal Protein: Dr. DuBois' Egg Nog Recipe (makes 3 full servings)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p72n9yGAQZY