Soooo Over the 190's and 180's... Part 2

You're on Page 18 of 22
Go to
  • Bleu:
    Sounds like a very reasonable calorie-intake! I find sometimes that if you have the same NUMBER of calories, but eat totally different things (more or less carbs, more or less protein, more fruit, WHATEVER...) it can help to push you off the fence in the weight loss department.
    Keep me posted!

Jaimie:
    Thanks for the quick check-in, lady! Glad to hear you've managed to keep yourself steady at 190 despite the messy shift schedule! Can't wait to see what kind of weight loss damage you can do once you're back on a normal schedule!
    And sure, maybe it's not MELTING off, but it's still coming off! Slowly, but surely! And... so they say... that's the better way to take it off and keep it off anyhow.

As for me...
    I was back up to 178.4 this morning, but... can't say I mind too much. I'm aware that I was far from perfect this weekend: I had some ice cream, and rice chips and (oh em gee) a McChicken sandwich.

I feel a little bit like I'm slipping in my resolve. I'm so used to being all or nothing-- today I bailed out of spin class ten minutes early, disgusted by the fact that I'd forgotten to wash my gym clothes and I could smell myself sweating the OLD b.o. out of the top (ew), and decided that I HAD to have time to shower privately before everyone else came charging into the changeroom. (It is a very un-private sorta changeroom/shower in this boutique-y little spin club, and I am very un-fond of the exhibitionist nature of said changeroom/shower.)

It was a lot easier to leave early today because my normal spin class companions all bailed today... I'm proud of myself for at least going, though. ....That being said, immediately afterwards I got a turkey sandwich on a cranberry baguette from the deli next to the spin place... not exactly the healthiest follow-up, but... I can't muster the energy to beat myself up over it.

Aiming for a healthy dinner tonight and a great day tomorrooooow.
  • Hello, everyone! I would like to join in, I am currently 183.8 and I dont plan to stay long. I have trip to Miami planned for September and on a mission!

Jelbb- How the today go as planned for you!

jaimie1980- sounds like you have a plan! With some ACTION behind it, you will conquer this thing!
  • Lisa:
    Hey darlin! Woo, awesome, a Miami trip sounds like GREAT motivation! And yeah, at 183... you'll be outta here in no time!

I'm already posting in the next thread down, but this one is far too quiet, so I'm hanging around to keep things busy!

How are things going for ya, anyhow?

As for me...
    Argh! My achilles tendon is being a bit finicky today. I was going to go to spin class today, and skip TOMORROW's spin class... but it makes more sense to give it a rest today.
    I'm not fond of the instructor for tomorrow's class. He spends the whole thing hollering at you about FORM, and LOOKING UP, and FOCUSING ON WHERE YOUR SHOULDERS ARE. It's great 'n all, and absolutely, you should have good form... but sometimes I just want to duck my head, close my eyes and focus on continuing to pedal through the pain without his militant voice in the background.

I was 177.6 this morning, down from 178.4. I'm pretty happy with that.

Have wonderful days, ladies!
  • Hi everyone!
    I am just starting my weight loss journey. I'm 25, 5'4 and 184 pounds. Hope to never see that number on the scale again!

@lisa34t We are very similar weights! I don't plan to stay here long either. Let's do this!!

@Jelbb lol I know all about that kind of instructor! Sometimes you just don't want to think when working out!!
  • Hello Guys!
    I'm in at 192 this morning. This year I want to focus on getting stronger as I am graduating in May and I want to have my health in focus before being sent out into the world of working, paying student loans, and very little time for myself. :P
  • Contender:
    Welcome!!! So close to ya in terms of height and starting weight! I'm in the same boat. Hope to **** to never see that number again.
    Are you actually from Ireland? My man's from Dublin. Raheny, specifically.

Davi:
    Oooh, graduation, that's exciting!
    I think it's a great idea to have your health in focus before you start out in the real world. It's pretty easy to get off track if you let the bad habits form when you start work. Especially because many workplaces tend to have snacks/birthday cakes/lunches and unhealthy temptations---!

As for me...
    Arf! Today started off with a nice weigh in of 177.2 down from 177.6--- the lowest number I've seen since I re-started the weight loss journey! However, today hasn't gone EXACTLY according to plan so far.

I ate four oreos, and got so much imperative work dumped on my lap that I didn't have time to go to my spin class, or even go walk to get my own lunch. The secretary grabbed me a sandwich since I was chained to my desk and ripping my hair out.

There's another spin class at 4:30... in 15 minutes... I don't think I can get out of the office in time. Eff.

I WILL go tomorrow at lunch... and despite the fact that I have Friday off of work, I could still walk down to take the lunch class as well... 3 classes for the week isn't so bad! ...it's probably better to rest my ankle anyhow. I have achilles tendonitis that's kicking up a fuss this week...!
  • Jelbb
    Graduation is like what I want above all right now haha. I can barely wait until I have a job and am traveling more. I have the travel bug so very badly it's nearly an issue.

I hope your tendon feels better soon, your resolve to go to those spin classes is very impressive! I took a quasi spin class when I was in high school and we had block scheduling (so gym-class fieldtrips were possible). Even though it was only 20-30 minutes I was dead on that bike and my legs felt like jelly!
    Is the spin class close to your work/home? I am envisioning that everything you mention (the class, your work, your home, the sandwich shop) is all in one building. XD
  • contender- yes we are right there together! I am hoping to be out by the beginning or mid next week at the most! WE can do it!

Davikatl16- Hi! And congrats on the upcoming graduation! That is exciting....not loans so much!

Jelbb- congrats on the loss! I hope tomorrow goes better for you and you get to eat your own lunch at least!

Didn't weigh today, going to weigh in tomorrow! Did the gym on lunch yesterday and Insanity last night, doing Day 17 Insanity tonight so hopefully August will start great!
  • @Jelbb Thanks a million for the welcome! Yeah I'm actually from Ireland! I'm from the west of the country (the other side of the country to Dublin).
    You go spinning on your lunch break? Wow I admire your energy and drive!!

@lisa34t Hope I can join you in the 170s thread soon!! Weighing myself every Monday so we shall see where I'm at in a few days! Also, WOW congratulations on your weight loss thus far! What's your secret?

I didn't get a chance to work out today. I did strength and cardio yesterday so I don't feel too bad. Another strength and cardio workout tomorrow!
  • Well today is looking good so far. This morning I weighed in at 191lbs, which has me excited. Last summer I was able to get into the 180s, and then I had to move back onto campus and the mealplan killed my diet. >.<

Yesterday I started to do the Ballet Fitness Challenge put out by Prevention, and boy do I feel it today! Previously my workouts involved squats, jumping jacks, push-ups, leg lifts, and planks, but doing Prevention's plan (minus weights) has been putting me through my paces. I have never been able to actually FEEL the muscles in my rear before, and I feel my legs growing even stronger. I may be addicted to working out, but that's okay haha.

COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh....
  • Good morning beautiful ladies! Finally on the days off stretch here. Weighed in at 189.8. Should have been a better one, but I am guessing my coffee fixes and cafeteria lunches put me slightly over my calories for the days. I will definitely not complain though. I have nearly 10 months to get to final goal, so I if I can manage a sensible plan and just lose a pound a week, I would still be okay. At least I am not waiting until the last minute and expecting to drop 40 overnight. Looks like you are all doing great! So glad to come back to some activity on this board!
  • Quote: Bleu:
    Sounds like a very reasonable calorie-intake! I find sometimes that if you have the same NUMBER of calories, but eat totally different things (more or less carbs, more or less protein, more fruit, WHATEVER...) it can help to push you off the fence in the weight loss department.
    I did just this and man was I happy not to have salad today when I got home. I fount this thing called tofu noodles that are 30 calories for a bowl full!! SOOOOO good with some shrimp and teriyaki sauce.

You dont have to be strong everyday. Trust me, my resolve falls though the gaps a lot, but I have been getting back on this horse like its my job
  • Great job everyone!! You are all doing awesome!

I just finished my cardio workout (Turbo Fire - Fire 55 EZ). Taking a little break before I do my strength training (Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 2). Before I started working out this evening I was beat, and so low on energy. But I've found with workouts, even if you don't have the energy, you have to fake it til ya make it! haha
  • Did my strength training and boy was it tough. I literally groaned aloud a couple of times during it!! But it's done and I'm so glad I did it! I'm starting to really love this lifestyle change!