3,500 calories

• That's how much I eat on a non-restrictive day, average. Yikes!! I am nursing 9 month old twins, and my weight had plateaued, but in the last couple months I've regained about 10 pounds that I'd lost. I went a little too far a few months ago when I tried Paleo with my DH, and we had some supply issues and it's since rebounding from that that I've regained more than I'd lost. So obviously I need to reign it in a little, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing between actual hunger and "the babies are both screaming at me I need a cookie" hunger.

I wish there was some easy measure of how much milk I'm making. They nursed all day (all week really) like they were starving, but I haven't cut back on calories recently. I hate to think I might not nurse these babies as long as my older girls, but I'm feeling so worn out.
  • Congratulations on those beautiful babies ! 4 little girls , you do have your hands full. I can't help about the nursing part , I wish you well. We do have some new moms here so hope they can help you.
  • >>>hug<<<

Both babies screaming at me and I need a cookie hunger is pretty compelling!

First off, nine months is really great for twins! You're doing wonderfully. I totally understand about feeling tired. I only had one but when I went back to work, I had to start supplementing formula at 9 months because I wasn't around to nurse her as much. I was honestly surprised how much energy I had and how much weight I dropped. I'm not saying you should cut back on nursing; that's something only you can decide. BUT I am saying, I sympathize with how you're feeling.

For my own weight loss, I started with making salads for lunch every day. I would make them in batches of three so that I would have them ready in the fridge and wouldn't have to worry about prepping them with my hands full. My very favorite salad is this one:
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...-Cheese-107262

I use tangerines instead of oranges so that I just have to peel and slice them instead of segment them and I never have arugula so I just use a mixed salad.

Keep checking in! I'd love to hear how you're doing.
  • I nurse a nearly 1 year old and eat about 1800 calories a day, my biggest thing is trying to fight the urge for eating sugar... At least too much sugar. I wish there was a computer you could hook to your body that could read out information on your body... I can definitely say exercise helps a lot, even though my weight seems to drag on and on, the tape measure and my partner say differently. I also am happier from all the endorphins circulating around my brain after a workout.
  • hey I just started with myfitnesspal.com and it helps me keep better track of what I'm actually taking in. I'm nursing a 12 week old and I try to limit my calories to 1800 a day,but the site/app takes in account the exercise you do each day and subtracts that from your total daily intake. I feel you on the cookie issue. Just reading about them made me want one,I grabbed a coffee flavored yogurt with chocolate chips instead.Not even close to satisfying, but better and I'm not hungry anymore.We can all do this together!
  • if you crave a cookie, how about a lactating cookie? They are yummy and great for increasing milk supply