Protein Bar Restaurant

• Hi, I have a fabulously healthy restaurant that opened up not too long ago near my job. I am doing the IP alternative product plan to save money.
    http://www.theproteinbar.com/penn-quarter-menu-6.php

I have two questions, first is this a good lunch for IP? (Obviously no carrots)

Buffalo Bowl
    All-natural chicken mixed with organic quinoa, house-made vegan buffalo sauce, celery, carrots, cucumbers, and blue cheese
    387 calories, 23 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 1302 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 26 g protein

The second question, is raw juice ok instead of the actual 2 cups of veggies?

They have a raw juice with celery, kale, parsley, and spinach.

Thank you!
  • Quote: Hi, I have a fabulously healthy restaurant that opened up not too long ago near my job. I am doing the IP alternative product plan to save money.
    http://www.theproteinbar.com/penn-quarter-menu-6.php

I have two questions, first is this a good lunch for IP? (Obviously no carrots)

Buffalo Bowl
    All-natural chicken mixed with organic quinoa, house-made vegan buffalo sauce, celery, carrots, cucumbers, and blue cheese
    387 calories, 23 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 1302 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 26 g protein

The second question, is raw juice ok instead of the actual 2 cups of veggies?

They have a raw juice with celery, kale, parsley, and spinach.

Thank you!
    I LOVE healthy restaurants!
    Even at healthy places, we have to be careful, however.

We can have the chicken, celery, cucumbers
    Not so much on the quinoa, blue cheese.
    Not quite sure why the buffalo sauce would need to be vegan since the dish isn't vegan??? But it depends on what is in the sauce whether it is allowed or not.

Raw juice is basically some of the nutrients, the water & sugars from the fruits or veggies so, in a nutshell, no. We can have PUREED veggies, but then we are having the whole vegetable. The fiber is a real necessity on this plan. Juicing takes some of the good stuff out that we need!

If the juice bar uses the entire veggie (like in a vitamix), then yes, we could have that. But if they are tossing leftover fiber, then no.

I'm sure you'll find some great things to eat (or be able to tweak some menu items) there.

We have a local meal delivery service called Metabolic Meals but most of what they serve doesn't work for my IP-Phase 1 way.
  • Though ancient grains like quinoa are great, they are also high in carbs. 1 cup has 39 g, 5 g of those are dietary fiber. (data from http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-pasta/10352/2) Looking at all their nutrition data on the "the protein bar" menu, I'd steer clear of every thing but maybe the breakfast scrambles - minus anything not allowed on IP Phase 1. Take a look at the high sodium amounts though!!! The Market Raw Juice would be good minus apple. Celery, apple, kale, parsley, spinach.
  • You guys are the best! Such great advice, it's truly appreciated. Glad I asked before I went...back to the salad bar, haha.