Mini-Goal: Happy with my body

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is a BIG mini-goal, but I am finally happy with my body. I still want to lose a bit more weight, but I no longer feel any sort of URGENCY to lose this weight and I can slowly let the last few lbs fall off as they may.

I follow LeanGains and count my calories. I go to the gym 3x a week and I lift heavy weights. (I am following Stronglifts5x5.) I walk my dog for cardio but as it gets colder, our walks are getting shorter. It feels so good to see what my body can accomplish. Now that I can deadlift my bodyweight, I feel so much lighter than I did when I was just losing weight. I realize that 156lbs isn't really that heavy. Please feel free to ask any more specific questions. Anyway, on to the pictures:

Congratulations to all you lovely ladies and handsome gentlemen who are reading this now and working actively toward changing your lives. It is worth it, 100x over.
  • Great job! You look fantastic, and I'm sure you feel the same way.
  • Quote: Great job! You look fantastic, and I'm sure you feel the same way.
    Thank you so much, I really, REALLY do. *YOU* must feel freaking AMAZING, though! Holy Moly you have achieved so much! Great work!
  • That Halloween costume is hot! I can't wait til I feel comfortable enough to wear stuff like that. Good for you!
  • Well done. Truly amazing and inspirational to see the difference.
  • wow You look great! you're an inspiration to me. and dang girl, you are rocking that Halloween costume!

what is leangrains? and how many calories were you allotting yourself when you were 200+? Thanks and again, you look fantastic!
  • Wow, you are stunning. Well done on the weightloss! You look fantastic.

Thanks for sharing
  • You look amazing! Love the sexy Halloween outfit...you rocked it!
  • What a Awesome job of transforming yourself!
    Your so Beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing your pictures.
  • Quote: That Halloween costume is hot! I can't wait til I feel comfortable enough to wear stuff like that. Good for you!
    It is a crazy feeling when you do finally feel that way. It was only VERY recently that I realized I felt that way. I don't know what did it, I just felt good about my body finally. Thank you so much for the compliments!

Quote: Well done. Truly amazing and inspirational to see the difference.
    Thank you! So worth the work.

Quote: wow You look great! you're an inspiration to me. and dang girl, you are rocking that Halloween costume!

what is leangrains? and how many calories were you allotting yourself when you were 200+? Thanks and again, you look fantastic!
    LeanGains is a "diet" that utilizes Intermittent Fasting (typically 16/8 fasting/eating windows each day) and heavy weight lifting with minimal (or no) cardio. I think it is great, but I wouldn't recommend it until you are a relatively close to your goal body fat% (like 4-5% away maybe). Intermittent Fasting, however, is great and I WISH I had done it all along. I was eating 1200 calories a day when I was over 200 lbs, but I eat 1600 on rest days and 2000 on workout days and will still lose about a half a pound a week. (I'm sure I would lose more than a pound a week if I was still over 200 lbs.) Thank you so much and please let me know if I can better answer your questions!

Quote: Wow, you are stunning. Well done on the weightloss! You look fantastic.

Thanks for sharing
    Thank YOU for being so kind! I looked at SO many of the before/after pictures when I was first starting my journey and they really helped me stay motivated, so I always told myself I would post mine if I ever made serious progress.

Quote: You look amazing! Love the sexy Halloween outfit...you rocked it!
    Thank you! My increased confidence is soooo free-ing!

Quote: What a Awesome job of transforming yourself!
    Your so Beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    Thank you, lovely! And thank you for the hug!!
  • I hope you are thrilled with your new body. You look A-MAZING!
  • Quote: I hope you are thrilled with your new body. You look A-MAZING!
    Thank you! Congrats on your progress so far!! I am definitely happy with my body BUT I know I can still improve.
  • You look AMAZING! I'm so happy for you.
  • Congrats!!!!
  • Wow look super hot in your costume, u r beautiful and I am so jealous I don't think I will ever be able to wear shorts like those.
    I don't have a gym membership but do have some weights at home do u have any suggestions on what I could do to get my legs tight.
    I have a bar, adjustable hand weights and kettlebell all weights.