Goodbye to the 150's

You're on Page 26 of 28
Go to
  • You are moving now, Sum!

I finally broke through my previous low by .2 pounds, so 153.6 now. That was way harder than it should have been! And I feel like I need to stay here or lower for a couple of days before I believe it. OTOH, I have worked out really hard the last two days and I'm SORE, which always results in a little gain for me. So I'm hoping that that exercise-related water weight is masking a true loss of a little more. I swear I'm having a little PTSD over the 150's and I need to get out of them!
  • hello guys....right now Im fluctuating between 151 and 150 so Im going to claim 150 and see what my weight is tomorrow. Lat week was my TOM and I had to go to a conference with food all around me so Im happy with where I am now.
  • I went out for sushi and I feel b-l-o-a-t-e-d!

• 153.6 again, which is good.

Is it the salt, sum? I have always tried to wrap my mind around why someone would avoid salt. lol I mean, if it caused me to lose 2 or 3 pounds of fat, but I had to avoid it for the rest of my life just for that 2 or 3 pounds of fat, and I would never lose any more, but I would have to watch it every day of my life, or feel bad if I didn't... Hmmm... I just opt to keep those 2 or 3 pounds. Plus they aren't even fat, it's just water. If there's ever a day that I have to look great in an insanely tight dress, I will give it up for that day, I guess. Otherwise, I'd rather keep the water and work on the fat. I NEVER have "bloated" days from salt. OTOH, I do get super bloated from wheat, but that's a whole 'nother story and I do think it's worth giving up, though it causes me much misery.
  • Ya, it is the salt. I have reacted to salt ever since I was a young adult. I don't know if it has something to do with thyroid, because mine is underactive. Luckily, it is just temporary weight gain and in a few days I'll be back to normal. Like you said, it is not "real" gain just water. -- I have been drinking tea all day long and flushing the stuff out

I have Celiac as well, so I know all about wheat bloat too, ugh!
  • Salt is gone

• Its official Im at 150!! We'll see how the rest of the week goes...
  • Quote: Salt is gone

Woo hoo! I am a day behind you. I was 152.8 this morning. It's like pulling teeth, but it is going down.

Quote: Its official Im at 150!! We'll see how the rest of the week goes...
    I'm so jealous!!! Hope you just keep up your downward motion!
  • rubidoux Race is on to the 140's thread?

I had a bad eating day day before yesterday. Scale is luckily staying the same 152.8.
  • Quote: I'm so jealous!!! Hope you just keep up your downward motion!
    No need to be jealous it's been about a year and 3 months in the making....right now still holding at 150.

We are all going to making it with time - just stay focused.
  • Quote: rubidoux Race is on to the 140's thread?

I had a bad eating day day before yesterday. Scale is luckily staying the same 152.8.
    I can almost taste it! But I was up a bit, 153.2 this morning. I'm optimistic, though!
  • Doing a little happy dance this am

• for sum!!
  • Thanks Heidi!

• I decided to weigh myself this morning and was frankly in disbelief to see...152.8?! That would be a full 5 lb drop from 10 days ago. I weighed myself several more times, moving it around on the floor and stepping on it a different way and whatnot, and it still only fluctuated between 152.8 and 153.6, so I'm taking 153.6 as my official weigh-in number. I was pretty certain I'd been maintaining but I guess pre-period bloat, salt bloat (I had been eating a LOT of salty stuff lately, but not much yesterday), and other factors (like lack of sleep - I slept in for a long time this morning) must have been hiding a loss.