Low Calorie Salad Dressing Suggestions Please

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I've got to shout out for Maple Grove Farms too. Lately I can't get enough of their Honey Dijon! It's delicious. And only 35 calories. The Raspberry Vinaigrette is quite good too.
  • Quote: I'm having a huge problem with creamy fat free dressings. Why do they have a slimy texture? It makes me gag just to think about it!
    they are slimy because they took out the fat required to make things creamy...they replaced it with other substitutes and/or chemicals and gives it that weird texture...i personally cant stand fat free dressings, yuck
  • Quote: I am on the hunt for a great low calorie salad dressing. I found one from a local restaurant that is oil and vinegar based and only has 10 calories per 2 tablespoons. It’s okay, but a bit vinegary for my taste. I typically like ceaser or catalina dressings. Any suggestions?

I was also wondering about the zero calorie salad dressings from Walden Farms. Has anyone tried them?
    ive tried their zero calorie ranch and their sugar free raspberry viniagrette...or perhaps i labeled them backwards, anyhow...the viniagrette didnt taste too bad but mentally i knew i wasn't eating REAL ingredients, just a bunch of raspberry tasting chemicals so it was kind of a turn off the ranch dressing, to me, tastes like light mayonnaise, probably because the ingredients list "egg yolks" pretty high up on the list...i didnt like it at all and, sadly, cant pawn it off on any of my coworkers either LOLOL
  • I am not sure if this is going to be an allowed website, but of these listed dressings I use three from Trader Joe. They are the Cilantro, Parmesan Ranch, and Champaign Pear. Someone on here recommended the spicy peanut, but I haven't tried it yet.

http://athleticmindedtraveler.com/bl...g-hall-of-fame

If you don't like Cilantro, you won't like the dressing. I actually add fresh cilantro to my salad and then use the Cilantro dressing. To me, the parmesan ranch doesn't taste a bit like ranch and maybe a little like parmesan, but I like it. It is mild and not sweet. The champaign pear has a bit of cheese in it - gornonzola maybe. It is a bit sweet and is yummy on pears or any fruit salad. My sympathy goes out to you who have no local Trader Joe.

The following is a homemade spinach salad dressing that I like. It has more sugar than I like so I cut it down by about a third.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/M...Salad-Dressing

I guess I am kind of picky about my salad dressing. I strongly dislike the super vinegar-y/tart or super sweet dressings. I have a refrigerator full of dressings that I have tried and hate because they are too sour.
  • I recently tried Lighthouse's Light Salsa Ranch in a southwest bison steak salad and it was pretty amazing!