What is your NSV this week?

You're on Page 9 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: How long did it take you to lose the weight? You only signed onto the forum in Sept. !!!!!
    Since July. I'm on a low calorie diet which is why it's medically monitored. It's nothing short of a miracle. I see a nutritionist along with a nurse and doctor and am learning to eat again so I'm healthy in the future.

The time clock is running out for me to get pregnant if my biopsy comes back clean (please pray), I had to get as much weight off due to the cancer and estrogen issues. If my biopsy comes back as cancerous, I'll be having a hysterectomy very soon as that means the tumors are still growing.
  • Quote: It's what you get with the kinds of dresses that are typically sold for plus-size women; from the shoulder to the hem they tend to flare out quite a bit, and make me look like an upside down cupcake. It's hard to describe exactly, but you know it when you see it.

Ahh, I get it. Believe me, I avoided dresses at all costs when I was at my heaviest so I never got to personally experience the cupcake look
    Thanks for explaining!
  • My wide calf boots are now too wide in the calf! Not falling down, but definitely loose. The boot itself could be tighter too, which means my feet have shrunk some more!

I needed an NSV this week. I got within 3 pounds of a 100 loss and then had a huge sodium jump that's coming off at snail pace.
  • Whellll.....I think I might have a NSV (finally!). An old standby blouse for work fits better. And a winter coat hangs better in the front. Big victory for me is getting a new cell phone last December! It's really helping to keep me organized, and since it's on the sprint network, I can use it at work to check out 3fc!
  • I put on a pair of size 16 jeans. They're from Cato's (womens clothing store int he south and southeast region, they sale regular and plus clothing), they're not 16 plus, or 16 women. Just 16's. A bit of a muffin top, but I'm not being strangled and they're pretty comfortable.
  • I hit a plateau this week. And haven't given up. Which is a new one for me
  • YES!! Finally finished week one of my c2 5k program on my phone. I have been doing it for weeks and never advanced on to the next level until I truly, no cheats about it, was successful in completing that day.

It felt awesome. It's a small little thing, and I am sure tons of my friends could just do it, the actual first week and not have a problem. But I did it. heck yeah!

Tomorrow I weigh in for WW. I have worked my a$$ off this week, I hope i see some results. I know this wont all happen over night (I am 2 months in), but I could totally go for a mini win.
  • Quote: ... And when one of the nurses asked me my weight, I practically screamed with delight "225!!!". Who gets delighted with 225lbs?? ME!!
    You are the cutest thing ever!! Like EVER!

I hope your biopsy comes back clean, and you are able to get pregnant right away.

I've been sitting here moping because a boy I like hasn't called me and reading your post has reminded me to put things in perspective. I'm wishing you the best of luck!
  • Oh Lawdy Charliee...don't you know.....Boys don't do no callin' !!!!.....You gonna be waitin' forever!!!!!.....unless you just had a pizza delivered !!!.....

That's what WE'RE here for!!!!!!!!
  • i guess this is a victory? But one of the checkers at my grocer store that i see periodically saw me in my new leather jacket (I'm pretty much at goal) and started saying how beautiful i looked and that i looked like a model... embarrassed the h*ll out of me and i couldn't get out of there fast enough--but it was a very nice thing to say once i allowed myself to digest and enjoy the compliment
  • I am resisting pizza right now. One of the reps brought it in for lunch, and pizza is my biggest weakness! I can eat a whole one by myself. Instead I grabbed one slice of the one that was calling to me most, loved it, and ate a salad without the croutons. I don't care for croutons anyway, for the amount of calories in them.
    I know I can't refuse to eat my favorite food, but I don't have to have the whole pie. I live in a first world country, there will be more pizza any time I want it.
  • Quote: You are the cutest thing ever!! Like EVER!

I hope your biopsy comes back clean, and you are able to get pregnant right away.

I've been sitting here moping because a boy I like hasn't called me and reading your post has reminded me to put things in perspective. I'm wishing you the best of luck!
    Awwww ty charliee, your post made me smile!!

I will say, cancer does put things in perspective. But you know what, sometimes the perspective is that you deserve to have that boy call you or whatever your heart desires. I hope he calls you but you know what, if he doesn't, it's HIS loss. And that means he's not the one.

Thank you for your sweet post, you have no idea how much it touched my heart.
  • In July, at my heaviest, during my vacation out East, I bought a pink NYC hoodie in a woman's 2X. At the time I wore a 6X, but i felt so gross on that vacation that I bought it as motivation for when I got home. Well, last night I was trying on a few things, just because I occasionally have these attacks of paranoia about my scale lying to me, and I picked up the hoodie. It's still a little tight in the belly, but.... it fit! With a t shirt on under it!!!!!!!
  • Quote: In July, at my heaviest, during my vacation out East, I bought a pink NYC hoodie in a woman's 2X. At the time I wore a 6X, but i felt so gross on that vacation that I bought it as motivation for when I got home. Well, last night I was trying on a few things, just because I occasionally have these attacks of paranoia about my scale lying to me, and I picked up the hoodie. It's still a little tight in the belly, but.... it fit! With a t shirt on under it!!!!!!!
    High 5!!!!!!
  • NSV for the win! A guy at my work today stopped my and asked me if he could ask a personal question. I said sure why not. He asked if I had lost some weight! I said, yes, just a smidge! He laughed and asked what I was doing, because he keeps ballooning. When I hesitated, he said please don't say diet and exercise. I laughed and nodded and he sighed and went on his way. Felt pretty good after my horrible weigh in this week