What is your NSV this week?

You're on Page 8 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: Yesterday I wore a body skimming, white lace dress from a notoriously tiny-sizing store and actually felt like I could pull it off!
    That dress is beyond cute, I bet it was a fun one to wear! I love dresses and I can't wait to get out of the cupcake shaped ones and into the sexy sheaths I used to favor as a teenager.
  • Oh I know the cupcake dress situation all too well! While I do enjoy wearing them, I did get sick of being restricted exclusively too them. Goodluck on your journey, you'll be back in those beloved sheaths in no time!
  • That white dress is gorgeous!

And I had to look up what a cupcake dress was as I never heard of that style...this is what I thought it was but it's not the case.

• OMG! . That's too funny! I would actually wear that any day of the week...future Halloween costume perhaps.
  • Lol it was so funny!! I'd have to make my foil a little longer!!!
  • I love this thread but I have absolutely no idea what NSV stands for?
  • Quote: I love this thread but I have absolutely no idea what NSV stands for?

NSV = Non Scale Victory

But, I need someone to explain to me what is a "cupcake style" dress??
  • Quote: NSV = Non Scale Victory

Ohhh...thanks!
  • I am actually JOGGING on my treadmill... What the What?!?! The body TRULY is an amazing and resilient thing.
  • Quote: NSV = Non Scale Victory

It's what you get with the kinds of dresses that are typically sold for plus-size women; from the shoulder to the hem they tend to flare out quite a bit, and make me look like an upside down cupcake. It's hard to describe exactly, but you know it when you see it.
  • If you google "cupcake dress" you will get results showing the style that HelloNurse described. But it also showed the Halloween costume I posted which made it funnier!

My NSV today was quasi-scale related. I had to have surgery this morning with anesthesia and someone made a huge note in my file writing "recently lost 100lbs!". Not sure if it was for the nurse or anesthiesiologist but every single person who spoke to me prior to surgery acknowledged my weightloss and hardwork. It felt so great. And when one of the nurses asked me my weight, I practically screamed with delight "225!!!". Who gets delighted with 225lbs?? ME!!
  • Hunka hunka burning love, ElvisLover! You had surgery today and you're here posting? I've 'seen' you around abouts and I just have to ask--what's your secret? You gotta magic wand you're willing to share? Haha
  • Lol seemyfeet!! No magic wand here! My surgery was early this morning and I relaxed all day when I got home.

I had to log on as I'm getting antsy not being able to exercise for a few days. Who knew I'd be addicted to exercise now?!

I'm on a medically supervised diet but its a different doctor than the one I saw today. My only magic is an awesome medical team and an awesome God!
  • How long did it take you to lose the weight? You only signed onto the forum in Sept. !!!!!
  • I have been I trying to reward myself for staying on track..well today I used 1 of the Groupons(addicted to these things) I had purchased ..this one was for mircodermabrasion.
    The girl that was working on me was so nice and we chatted for a while as she worked on me. Later she commented on what nice size pores and how I did not have that many wrinkle lines! I know she was being nice...but she made me think maybe there is hope for my skin ...I have been so self conscious of my skin ...and with her kind words gave me the hope that I needed.
    I don't want to be looking like a shriveled prune.
    Roo2