starting this journey, hoping for support

• Hello,

I have struggled with being overweight forever. I have done diets, programs, paid support groups, gym memberships and whatnot.... but I don't think I ever really gave it 100% effort.

Now I am at my heaviest, and I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror.

In my job, I have to exude confidence and control (I am a high school teacher, English and Drama mostly) and I do a great job of acting.... and I even used to feel that way when I was slimmer, and I want to feel that way again.

Haven't shared my numbers as I don't actually know and frankly I don't plan on going out to buy a scale.

On that note I am from Canada but currently work in Cairo,Egypt which is presenting a different set of issues for me (ie raw vegetables = wicked sickness)...

so I hope I can find some support here, and offer support to others....

I need to do this for me.... and it needs to start today.
  • There is nothing better than starting today! Just take advantage of every day, know that as time passes you will be putting forth the effort to become the person you want to be. There is nothing more precious than yourself and your health. Welcome!
  • Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your the commencement of your weight loss journey.

Know that no matter what, you can do this!
  • Like you said in my thread, we are both overseas teachers so I definitely know what you're going through! It's been a little easier living in the UK because the culture shock was less so I bet it's been much harder for you!

I wish you luck and I hope you can find some local foods that don't make you sick!!