ReGainers ReLosing ~ Get it off again!

You're on Page 8 of 36
Go to
  • I am back to do some personals...

Beechbreeze - WELCOME BACK. --hoping it all goes well for you. Good idea to get to the gym instead. Wonderful to see the number on the scale go down. YAY. I agree - one day off and hopping back on the plan won't be such a huge impact.... but, a week off certainly can. Good reminder.

Justwant2behealthy - kudo's for meeting your taco fest with healthier choices later on.

losetoall. - kudo's for getting those two pounds off by counting calories. GREAT. Yes... we can do this together. Thanks.
  • Just checking in to say hi, I am reading all your posts and cheering you on!
  • BeachBreeze. You are an inspiration, running from the situation literally. Great job!!!

I was going so good then my husband worked late and I got pizza for the kids and I. I didn't go overboard but I am over calories and now I have all the leftovers to avoid. I got the delite pizza so the calories are half. So that is good. I will exercise tomorrow. It is TOM and I am so sluggish. Did a bunch of laundry and cleaned the kitchen now I have a couple ladies from my church coming over at 8 pm so I have to clean the living room.

Love to all. Funky
  • Hi folks - yesterday was a healthy day. I am always grateful for that. I stayed with my plan well. Also, planned/measured/logged food, exercised, lots of water, journalling, deep breaths before each time I ate, ate a little slower, concentrated more on the taste a few times, and even felt the fullness couple times.

My cold is getting better. I was boiling water for moisture in the air and ruined my pot when I forgot about it. I was going to make some soup today... guess not until I get a new pot.

Hope you are all having a great day.
  • Hi relosers: yesterday was healthy until bedtime, when I ate extra unplanned food. I can't change the past... moving forward today.

I coming to the winddown of my headcold. It's spread to one eye - all crusty. I don't think it's actually pinkeye. We'll see tomorrow which 'direction' it goes. I have an appointment anyway Tues to have a followup on my bloodwork numbers.

DH brought home some Hershey chocolate syrup. He loves chocolate milk. I put in on the fridge door behind something else - so I won't see it everytime I open the door. He's now out to get 'something sweet'. He's not overweight... yet, he can eat a whole bag of candy. Not fair... Oh well. He told me he'd hide it from me. I can usually find it, if I look. I need to stay out of it!!!!

We might get out the Christmas decorations this weekend. I am really not up for it, however. Maybe tomorrow.

Some credits for yesterday: planned/measured/logged food, did exercises, had lots of water, weighed myself, and ate slower.

I hope you are all having a great day.
  • HI EVERYONE ~ Finally checkin' in this week, as I've had a lot on my mind lately. Got the results of my tests Thursday afternoon -- I have a very, very large tumor in my abdomen (from stomach to pelvis); but thank GOD, it is benign (not cancerous). Needs to be removed (asap) as soon as they can find a brave team of surgeons to tackle this challenge. If you believe in prayer like me, I would appreciate some for sure. Thanks.

Eating has been OK; stayed under calories most days. Today was a flex day; still good though. I up my cals more towards 1800 in the winter as I feel cold if I don't. Anyone else have that issue? And, I don't really know how much I weight anymore as this tumor weighs a lot, so I will delay the weigh-ins until they get it out (becuz it's growing).

Hope you all have been doing well this week. I see you have been trying to avoid some temptations. Know how that feels for sure -- don't we all? You can do it relosers; hang in there. Have a great weekend ...
  • Hi relosers - yesterday was on plan - grateful. I used my Beck ideas to not eat the tortilla chips I wanted when they were in front of me. The same for DH's waffle on his plate when I was cleaning up dinner. Yay. I did my journal work, read the info I am working on, planned/measured/logged my food, took two meals to twenty minutes, tried to taste my food more often than not, weighed, left a bite, & took several deep breaths before each meal and snack.

I really need to work on not tasting and licking my fingers & spoons when cooking and fixing meals. Those old habits slide back in so easily.

I got out a soup pot from 25 years ago and made my chicken soup. I need to get a new pot, however, later on.

The Christmas and holiday gatherings are starting to come in and be planned. Should be fun... it can be if I get my 'mind right' about all the food. I will keep trying.

justwant2bhealthy oh my goodness. I am so very sorry to hear of this tumor. Yes, in our family we say 'better out than in'. So glad to hear it's benign. I hope you can have this done quickly. Sending prayers and hug. I can understand not wanting to get on the scale with the tumer there. I am going mostly well this week. Yesm you are right... we all keep moving forward the best we can.

Lyn Hi... hope you are having a good week too. Think positive.

losetoall glad you were able to work the pizza in. It always feels so good when the living room is cleaned up... I love it

Have a great day!
  • Justwant2be. Maybe you should weigh then when it comes out then it will be a lose. My sick mind at work. So sorry about the tumor. I hope the surgery happens fast nothing worse than having to wait. Prayer fron here.

BeverlyJoy. Good job on the techniques. Sounds like you are doing okay. It is hard everyday. Why can't it get easier.

I have the tree up but no decorations on it yet. It is nice to have the lights on they make me peaceful. I have been struggling with the calories eating more than the plan but not more than 1800 a day. I try to stay between 1200-1400 but with the holidays I feel...... I don't know what... Deprived?!? I am still counting and keeping track and that is something. I haven't thrown in the towel yet. That is saying something

Well take care all. Funky
  • I hope you guys don't mind if I join you. I have let life get me off track since April and have gained back about 30 pounds. I have been back on plan now for 2 days.
  • BEVERLYJOY ~ thanks ... I hope I don't have to wait too long, but it does take time to find the surgeons and arrange everything.

FUNKY~ I was weighed at the docs on Thursday so I know what their scales say anyways. I can weigh on mine before I go too if I want to. Will try to just stay on plan as much as I can until then. Today was good. My aunt brought over a healthy lunch today, with some cake for dessert, so I had a small piece too, but stayed inside my cal cap anyways. Had a light dinner too and that helped a lot.
  • FitGirlyGirl ~ Glad to have you!!

JustWant2Be ~ I hope you have the surgery really soon! What a scary thing to find out. Glad it is benign.

Next week will be very stressful for me; I have final exams for this semester (I don't want to stress eat) and then we will be traveling to visit my mother-in-law and attend my husband's family's Christmas party. This will be the first time they have seen me since I have lost so much and the first time I have done any traveling. I hope I will be able to stay somewhat on-plan.

I hope everyone has a great week this week.

Laters!!
  • hi guys.

I am sitting at 217 still. I bumped up to 218 on the weekend but back down today. I was hoping to get to 199 by Jan 1 but that's pretty much impossible now. My body is letting go of the fat verrrry slowly this time. Two pounds last week, two pounds the week before that, so if I can lose 2 pounds a week I will weigh 210 the weekend before New Years. So now I am just hoping for 209 by January 1 and out of the 200's in very early February. Sheesh this takes SO LONG the second or third time around.

Hope you all are hanging in there. The holidays can be tough.
  • Hi - yesterday was healthy. However, once again I ate extra in the evening. I must find the willingness to use techniques I know help in this situation. My sabatoging thought was... 'oh this extra apple and some chocolate aren't going to make a big difference'. If it was once in a while, maybe not. But, it's becoming an every evening occurance. I need to answer this thought.

Yesterday I was able to eat slower, drink lots of water, do my exercises, stay with my plan (mostly) wieghed, & plan/measure/log. I weighed myself yesterday and saw it go up a pound, which I know wasn't possible. It really made me bummed for a portion of the day. I need to wrap around my brain that 'it's only informaiton'.

I hope you are all having a good day.
  • Hi... today is my official 'ticker' day. I've been up and down and all around with the same pound. Today the scale again says 215. - as it was last Wednesday.

My food was all over the place yesterday... however, within my range. I ate some pistachio nuts before bed. I think I will need to write down some kind of a plan to use my resistance techniques especially for the evening.

Credits: exercise, water, wrote down all that I ate and always left a bite of food on my plate.

Today I go get my bloodwork rechecked. I think it should be improved.

Have a great day.
  • Beverlyjoy, I understand about the same pound, or even the same 5 pounds. I think it's been like 5 months now that every month I have seen 217 on the scale at some point. Up and down around it but never really getting away. It is hard work to get off a stuck point. We will get it.