More giggly

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Please don't laugh... This is day 5 for me and I'm feeling more giggly. It like my fat was more solid before and now its more giggly.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • The bloating is going away. Now it is "just fat"
  • Quote: Please don't laugh... This is day 5 for me and I'm feeling more giggly. It like my fat was more solid before and now its more giggly.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    When I first read this I read it as giggle-yy (as in haha funny!) and it made me smile Have a giggle-y non giggly day!
  • i'm laughing because i read giggle
  • I read it as giggle-y, too! And I can relate to that -- my mood swings were pretty severe during the first week.
  • HAHA...I did too!!....Jiggly is what she meant....lol
  • This is very common and has to do with fat density. Full fat cells will push out the skin and you can feel pretty firm. In fact they can be so compacted in a given area you might even think it is muscle - for example a person might think they have big muscular calves only to find out that after losing 100 lbs they had a whole lot of fat in those calves.

You lose fat - the density goes down - the area becomes softer and "giggly". I always thought it was jiggly though...
  • LOL!!!
    I totally goofed.
    I really meant Jiggly
  • JohnP, thanks for the explanation. I figured it was due to the fat loss, but you helped clarify the situation.

Sweety0107, I've noticed this 'jiggle' factor as well, and I'm grateful that it's finally very noticeable in my stomach! Yay!! Bring on the jiggle!
  • you made me laugh!!! THX
  • you got me!!
  • Will it tighten up?
  • Quote: Will it tighten up?
    Only by reading and telling lots of jokes -- as you giggle, your ab muscles will firm up!

sorry, couldn't resist.
  • I am giggly and jiggly! ROFL!
  • I've just had an "ah-ha" moment thanks to this post. I realize why I've been so "down" lately and it's because I'm getting JIGGLY! It is making me feel like "what the @##$ is going on?" because I 'feel' fatter than I was before because my fat was 'firmer'.... I think now that I've read all these posts, I understand a bit better that the jiggles are aGOOD thing and I'm gonna be embracing my jelly belly instead of feeling frustrated about it! Thanks for posting your question -- you answered one I didn't even know I had!