Cauliflower pizza!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey everyone,
    I finally tried the cauliflower crust pizza and it was DELICIOUS!!! You guys have to try it if you haven't already. I heard about it just a few weeks ago and I wasn't a fan of cauliflower before but now, it is my favorite veggie lol.

Here is how mine turned out ( i added some homemade meatballs for topping) It tasted better than it looks lol.

• Ok. I have never heard of this. How do you make cauliflower crust pizza? I love cauliflower so this might be a doable recipe.
  • That looks yummy and cauliflower is one of my fav. veggies.
  • Here's the recipe I used. It's super easy
    Quote: Ok. I have never heard of this. How do you make cauliflower crust pizza? I love cauliflower so this might be a doable recipe.
    I do not own this recipe.

Minutes to Prepare: 15
    Minutes to Cook: 20-25
    Number of Servings: 4

Ingredients

1 cup raw, grated (or chopped in food processor) cauliflower*
    1 egg
    1 cup mozzarella cheese
    1 tsp oregano
    2 tsp parsley
    (may add other Italian spices as desired-such as dried or fresh basil)
    See more pizza recipes!

Directions
    Makes 4, 1-slice servings. Can be doubled for a larger pizza

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, combine grated cauliflower, egg, mozzarella and all desired spices. Press evenly on baking pan or pizza stone.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (up to 20 minutes if you double the recipe).
    Turn over and bake for another 8-10 minutes.

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese. (Get creative and top with chopped apples and cheese or your own combinations of whatever you like on a pizza. Some examples to choose from are jack cheese, onion, fresh or dried tomatoes, artichokes, shredded/cooked chicken, turkey pepperoni, pineapple, mushrooms, marinara sauce, bell peppers, whatever peppers you like, fresh mushrooms, fresh basil...your imagination is the limit.)

Place under broiler, on high heat, until cheese is melted.

Reheats nicely and can still be held in the hand, even the next day. (If you don't press "dough" too thin, make small rounds and add enough egg to hold together.)

Pizza crusts can be frozen after the initial baking and used later.

*If using frozen cauliflower, prepare according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, shred cauliflower with a cheese grater, (or grater blade on food processor) and then measure for the recipe. (An "unpacked/loose" cup.) Be sure to drain WELL.

Guestimate~Approximately two and a quarter cups of 1" cauliflower would grate into one cup of grated (or riced) cauliflower.

For lower calories use low or no fat mozzarella cheese.

Don't spread too thin or it will fall apart, too thick and it's doughy in the middle.

Best results are found using fresh cauliflower and not baking first.

Number of Servings: 4

Try it. it's very tasty!
  • I've made this before and it is good. I did not add any sauce or toppings. I basically just ate it as a cheesy garlic "bread".

Have you tried making cauliflower "rice"? I love that too. Plus, you don't need to add egg or cheese to it, so it is low in fat. Just google "cauliflower rice recipe" and you'll find many. I make a Mexican version with sauteed onion, garlic and green onion and mix in chicken broth, salsa, cilantro, cumin and other spices. It comes out SO good!
  • I've heard of this and thought it sounded horrifying, but it doesn't actually look that bad.
  • I may have to try that, we have done mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes, love them, in fact love them a little bit too much...one of those bingeing on something good for you kind of things.

will look up the cauliflower rice as well, sounds like a great thing, our Aldi had cauliflower much cheaper than the reg. grocery stores, almost half price.

• I have done the rice before it is good too. Mashed cauliflower will be the next thing I try. @Kelijpa I also get most my produces from aldi. Their prices totally fit my newly graduate budget lol. Organic is way too expensive for me at the moment.
  • This sounds really interesting... And your pic looks good to me
  • Wow! This sounds good ill have to try it!
  • Quote: Wow! This sounds good ill have to try it!
    Please do you will like it am sure
  • Thanks Tripswitch
  • Wow, that is a great idea! I wonder if I could fool my hubby into eating it, lol. I just joined this site a couple days ago and am having a good time reading....a little too much....I am not getting a lot done around my house with all my time on the computer! I am looking forward to finding all kinds of diet tricks and sharing some of mine. Is anyone on here drinking IdealShape shakes? I replace a meal or two a day with them and love them. I have had a rough first month with a lot of company (along with a lot of cooking, baking, and eating), but I managed to lose 4lbs in 4 weeks, in spite of myself!
  • Can I ask - do you taste the egg? I really hate the flavor of eggs. I'd assume that this wouldn't taste egg-y since there's just the one.
  • I really, really want to try this. Looks yummy!