Wearing tight clothes when working out so everything dosen't flop around???

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Anyone else have to do this? I have a good amount of loose skin/fat on my stomache(not sure how much of which but it definitely sags quite a bit) Anyways, the only way I can comfortably run is wearing tight clothes, otherwise everything moves and its very uncomfortable.

Sometimes I wish I could throw on a pair of shorts and a normal t-shirt and break into a run...I wonder if this gets better, or those of us with saggy stomaches just have to learn to deal with it...
  • I usually find bike shorts and a sports bra are sufficient under a tee, but I definitely get the dislike of feeling 'loose'. It's one of the reasons I don't like running, it's hard on the girls AND the battle scars from weight!
  • shorts tend to ride up the insides of my thighs and drive me crazy....i wear running capris to run in...i also wear a sports bra and then a tight workout shirt over that, like so tight that i have to peel it off when i'm done because it's soaked in sweat and stuck to me...i dont like extra material getting in my way

funny that, because i used to always wear loose clothings because i was self-conscious of my weight....now i wear entirely more form-fitting clothes because the extra material gets in my way and bugs me
  • Shorts ride up on my thighs and rub them sore and I am constantly having to pull them down so I walk in capris too. I wear a sports bra and a tank top that I twist the back of and tuck in to the back of my capris, lol. I hate feeling fat joggle around when I walk so I prefer tighter clothing.
  • Like other posters said, I wear workout capris but I also wear TWO sports bras AND a sports tank to hold my girls in (I have triple D's). I think the sports tank also helps with my stomach too.
  • Quote: Like other posters said, I wear workout capris but I also wear TWO sports bras AND a sports tank to hold my girls in (I have triple D's). I think the sports tank also helps with my stomach too.
    I do the same thing as her for the sports bras and sports tank. Except I tossed the capris and wear longer shorts now.
  • Yes I love for everything to be tight & compact otherwise it is a distraction! Sometimes I want to duct-tape my girls & tummy down!! I do wear a pair of yoga pants when I run that have a big band & keeps my tummy in check.
    Last thing I want to be while working out is self-conscious.
  • I hear ya... about wanting to be able to just throw on a tee shirt and a pair of shorts and go for a run... But I'm finding that running in something a little bit more form fitting works better for me and actually seems to help with reducing muscle fatigue (for me at least anyway...) Since I swim and bike as well I tend to gravitate towards multi sport workout cloths as opposed to running specific stuff since it's more versatile and suits my needs better...
  • Quote:
    Like other posters said, I wear workout capris but I also wear TWO sports bras AND a sports tank to hold my girls in (I have triple D's). I think the sports tank also helps with my stomach too.
    Wow 0.o. And I thought it was frustrating with just a regular bra and sports bra over that(I have very average C's) Sports bras drive me crazy because when I start working out I sweat, and it gets soaked...so by the end of my workout, it feels so much heavier
  • I usually wear capris or long pants on the tighter side because I CANNOT STAND the feeling of my thighs jiggling around. I also finally invested in an industrial strength sports bra (that's the only thing I will splurge on) because "the girls" will be all over the place and throw my back out if I don't. I still stick with regular fit or on the loose side t-shirts because I'm super self conscious of my middle.
  • I wear leggings to hold the belly in and a sports bra (one with individual cups not a compression sports bra which IMHO does nothing for support and stuff moves around too much) with a t-shirt over it and I stay pretty flop free and I have a lot of belly sag and a 32E chest. When I was bigger and still had a J-cup size, i wore an individual cup sports bra with 2 compression-type sports bras over it plus a t-shirt, and for my belly, the skin wasn't as saggy and floppy so I was able to run in sweatpants. Now I prefer tighter fit leggings to hold in the belly. Up top I don't mind a regular t-shirt though once the chest is well-supported.
  • Quote: I wear leggings to hold the belly in and a sports bra (one with individual cups not a compression sports bra which IMHO does nothing for support and stuff moves around too much) with a t-shirt over it and I stay pretty flop free and I have a lot of belly sag AND a 32E chest.
    32E?? DAYYUM!! Girls pay good money for those!!!
  • I'm new here, just introduced myself yesterday. I haven't been working out yet, but am going to start yoga or pilates this week - I'm going to try them both to see which I prefer. I wear "shapewear" camis much of the time which are long enough to pull down over my tummy and then I wear stretchy panties over the cami to hold it in place. This works well for keeping the extra bits under control under normal circumstances. I was going to try the same for my upcoming classes (under a tee shirt and shorts). Has anyone else tried this approach?
  • Quote: Like other posters said, I wear workout capris but I also wear TWO sports bras AND a sports tank to hold my girls in (I have triple D's). I think the sports tank also helps with my stomach too.
    Yikes sweetie, get a better bra and only use one! Proper support is essential and it can definitely be found in large cup sizes. I'm now a 32J (I take a 34J in sports bras, which tend to run tight) and if I can find a solid, comfortable sports bra and only need one, almost anyone can.

Panache, Freya, and Elomi are the three brands I recommend you look at. Not terribly expensive and HIGHLY supportive

This is the one I have and it is excellent, in a full range of sizes. Nothing has secured the girls without mashing them to bits like this bra:
    http://www.lindasonline.com/panache-...5021-grey.html
  • Quote: I'm new here, just introduced myself yesterday. I haven't been working out yet, but am going to start yoga or pilates this week - I'm going to try them both to see which I prefer. I wear "shapewear" camis much of the time which are long enough to pull down over my tummy and then I wear stretchy panties over the cami to hold it in place. This works well for keeping the extra bits under control under normal circumstances. I was going to try the same for my upcoming classes (under a tee shirt and shorts). Has anyone else tried this approach?

That would cause me to sweat too much A good sports bra under a tee should be good enough. I wear shapewear, or at least long camis, to work under my clothes, and I can't imagine having to workout in them. It's all I can do to peel them off as soon as I get home!