WF Apple Butter Spread

• I bought this thinking I would use it with pork but I don't.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do with it? It's a huge jar!!!! I need to use it with something - I paid a lot for shipping too. :-(
  • I love it and I use it on the crispy cereal pancake. I take a tsp and melt in microwave for a few seconds then drizzle over pancake. My kids love it on their pancakes too.
  • Quote: I love it and I use it on the crispy cereal pancake. I take a tsp and melt in microwave for a few seconds then drizzle over pancake. My kids love it on their pancakes too.
    I also have the WF pancake syrup - but I bet the Apple Butter would be nice with the chocolate pancake (that I use as a muffin). Hmmmm.....
  • I've never tried it on a chocolate pancake. I put lots of cinnamon in my crispy cereal pancakes and the apple butter compliments it. I may try on a chocolate pancake now. I may also use it as frosting on Rainbow's spice cake.
  • I wonder if you could mix it up with the ready made puddings??
  • I have never tried the puddings. You must be in Canada. I don't think US has the ready made puddings.
  • I mix it with the WF caramel dip and microwave a little. Use for a dip with Jicama slices or oatmeal or pudding muffins.
  • My coach gave me a recipe using the WF apple butter: Peel zucchini and slice into thin rounds. Mix 2 Tbs. apple butter with 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Mix apple butter/spice mix with the zucchini, making sure it's all coated well. Bake @ 350 for 20-30 minutes, until zucchini is soft.
    This tastes like a baked-apple dessert, but actually counts as veggies!

PS - Next time, I'm going to soften or melt the apple butter in the micro first. It's kind of hard to get that jelly consistency to coat the zucchini
  • This is a great way to use the apple butter.in my recipe you sprinkle lemon juice on the zucchini first. I also cut the zucchini to look like apple slices and peel them.
  • Fabulous ideas ladies - thank you so much!! Will be trying this one for sure. THANKS!!

Quote: My coach gave me a recipe using the WF apple butter: Peel zucchini and slice into thin rounds. Mix 2 Tbs. apple butter with 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Mix apple butter/spice mix with the zucchini, making sure it's all coated well. Bake @ 350 for 20-30 minutes, until zucchini is soft.

PS - Next time, I'm going to soften or melt the apple butter in the micro first. It's kind of hard to get that jelly consistency to coat the zucchini
    Quote: This is a great way to use the apple butter.in my recipe you sprinkle lemon juice on the zucchini first. I also cut the zucchini to look like apple slices and peel them.
  • Quote: My coach gave me a recipe using the WF apple butter: Peel zucchini and slice into thin rounds. Mix 2 Tbs. apple butter with 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Mix apple butter/spice mix with the zucchini, making sure it's all coated well. Bake @ 350 for 20-30 minutes, until zucchini is soft.

Quote: This is a great way to use the apple butter.in my recipe you sprinkle lemon juice on the zucchini first. I also cut the zucchini to look like apple slices and peel them.
    Thanks for both of these. I bought some of the apple butter this morning, so it's great to find this way to use it.