Staying on track while on vacation

• I am 14 lbs away from 200. I have not been that weight since high school 20 years ago. In 5 weeks my hubby and I are going to Hawaii for our 20th wedding anniversary. How do you stay on track while on vacation? I have planned all these wonderful excursions to keep us active but it’s going to throw me off my routine. There is no way that I will be able to drink a gallon of water a day and stick to my clean eating. Hubby thinks its okay to go off the wagon for 8 days but it’s been too hard to get to where I am at now. I am afraid it will be too easy to slip back into old habits and throw me off track. Help.
  • Maybe you could try to stick to mostly protein and low carb veggies- like chicken, veg and sallad for dinner. I don't know what kind of plan you are on, but that would help to avoid weight gain while on vacay. Also, plan out your treats- only what you really love and leave the rest alone.
  • I'm doing weight watchers.
  • Use the gym in the hotel to burn off the extra calories.
  • Don't forget that those fancy umbrella drinks are loaded with calories!! Better to have a light beer or a glass of wine than those everyday.
  • Take your tracker/diary with you. Try to stick to the plan.
    Are you going all inclusive or self catering?
    Just be careful of hidden calories, like salad dressings.
    Take some ww bars with you for those treats. At least you know the point value.

I tend to stick to spirits and diet soda.