General Chat April 18+

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok so there were no general enough threads to post this, so I made one. Can you tell I don't want to do work today? For us in the States it is not a holiday. But my brain refuses to function on any kind of higher level today. I get to work from home tonight too. I get to help babysit pay. Everyone else is on vacation, or busy. At least I don't have to stay at work...

But just a nice thing that happened today. There is a small newsstand in the lobby of our office building. This afternoon I went down to get a pop. (that would be soda to most of you). The nice man who owns the store looks at me and says "Have you lost weight?" I say "No I haven't, but thank you" I really haven't lost much weight in the last few months. Just going up and down the same 5 pounds. It was very nice since I am feeling very bloated and big today too. He gets to be my favorite person for today.
  • How sweet! The guy at DQ flirted with me last night and I had just ordered 4 small blizzards! He made my night. I only had a 1/2 of one...just so you know!
  • Whaaaaahhhhhh! Nobody flirts with me anymore.
    Wait a minute.....the guy who pumps out septic tanks always toots his horn at me. Does that count?

I've been to Church and am now tightening up the nuts and bolts on my new garden tool caddy cart that I assembled all by myself. Have I mentioned that I need a boyfriend for this kind of thing?

Havea happy Easter weekend.
  • I have been flirted with a lot in the past few weeks. I love it. My husband thinks it's funny. He gets flirted with all the time and it's not a big deal to him, I get flattered.

I'll be driving most of the weekend and don't have high hopes of staying on program. It's just hard to do in a car for hours on end.

Well that's it for me. If you don't hear from me for a till monday, that's why!

Bella23
  • This kinda fit under scotch and humor, but I thought I would put it here instead...

What is a true friend?

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...
    but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, we up!"
  • HEHE.... Squeak I need that this morning!
  • Squeak, I love that joke, if you only new how much I needed a laugh today, has been a very, rough week and you made me smile. Thanks!
    Virginia
  • Someone flirted with my Cute Boyfriend last week.... not that I mind but I was sitting right there!!! She had no idea that we were together and she plopped herself down with her back towards me and just flirted up and storm with him! I was cracking up!
  • hey flower remind me to stop in that dq the next time I head that way..lol

I love blizzards, havnt had one in awhile you know i was bored yesterday with housework and stopped to watch dr phil..it was about food obbession and sometimes I like him, sometimes i dont think he is empathic to ppl enuff espically mom's..but he said some stuff that made sense yesterday about what would you do with your time and life if weight didnt matter..if food didnt matter..

i dunno it kinda got to me I think i have been obbessing with food and dieting maybe too much, giving it a bit too much of my self you know?

being a stay at home mom with no car during the day its kinda hard to have this big exciting full life you know? lol but there is more i could be doing, i could be exploring more of my interests espically the cheap ones..lol and maybe i have been putting way too much into dieting..so I am gonna try to make some changes here..gonna try to read a lil more, spend time writting friends, doing emails, talk about food a lil less and talk more about stuff that matters a lil more..crap like that..LOL
  • I'm baaaack!

Hello everyone! I am back from my whirlwind tour of London and am totally exhausted! I had a great time though and missed all you chicks. I gained about 3 lbs while I was there but DH thinks it is muscle from walking all over the place.

In between working DH and I made it to Hyde Park, saw the Royal Albert Hall (gorgeous), made it to Picadilly Circus, Soho, Carnaby Street and Camden. Both DH and I felt completely at ease there and we both said to each other "yeah, I could live here" It is a very cosmopolitan and international city-we met some great people there.

We even managed to snag tickets to see the Sisters of Mercy live in concert at a club in Camden and got into the Slimelight Club (popular alternative music/goth club) without being members and did not have to pay full price!

There are too many stories to tell-we had a blast!
    I only bought a few things while I was there- a cool purse, some shoes, some fun tees and a furry zebra stripe jacket in Camden market.

Well, I must go and catch up on all the threads from the last week!
  • Welcome back Mauvais!!!! I am glad you had fun.
  • Welcome back, Mauvais! We missed you! What a riot you had. That jacket sounds so "you".
  • HEY MAUVAIS!!!
    Glad to see you back!! We missed you. I'm really glad that you had fun too.
    You deserve it!!!
  • Oooooo....
    I'm so jealous Mauv. Glad you had a great time, but we did miss you!