Sea Salt

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but my coach lives in another city and she ships my packets and supplements to me as needed.

Well I dont place another order with her until the middle of this week.

and I'm getting low on my Sea Salt that she gave me (the pink sea salt)

Is there another sea salt I can use in the mean time? just to tie me over until I get my order in from her?

I have white Sea Salt here at home but wasn't sure if that was ok to use or not?

Thanks in advance! Krystal
  • Quote: Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but my coach lives in another city and she ships my packets and supplements to me as needed.

Well I dont place another order with her until the middle of this week.

and I'm getting low on my Sea Salt that she gave me (the pink sea salt)

Is there another sea salt I can use in the mean time? just to tie me over until I get my order in from her?

I have white Sea Salt here at home but wasn't sure if that was ok to use or not?

Thanks in advance! Krystal
    As far as I know, the sea salt from IP is optional. I just buy mine from Costco.
  • We've been on Pink Himalayan Sea Salt for awhile now. But now Costco sells it in a grinder. I had been paying $8 for a little bottle. Now I pay $4.50 for a huge bottle.
  • I laugh because I can always come up with some silly conspiracy theory. I keep thinking it's either their (IP) sea salt or their (IP) vitamins that have the formulation to make it where you can't loose more than about 3-5 pounds a week. Otherwise they wouldn't make you use their salt or vitamins. This way they can calculate just how long they can be making a big profit from us!!!

Remember, just me being silly! (but think about it...)
  • Quote: I laugh because I can always come up with some silly conspiracy theory. I keep thinking it's either their (IP) sea salt or their (IP) vitamins that have the formulation to make it where you can't loose more than about 3-5 pounds a week. Otherwise they wouldn't make you use their salt or vitamins. This way they can calculate just how long they can be making a big profit from us!!!

Remember, just me being silly! (but think about it...)
    thanks for the laugh, yeah it is true when I think about it, I think I'm going to try and find the pink sea salt somewhere else if I can.
  • Quote: We've been on Pink Himalayan Sea Salt for awhile now. But now Costco sells it in a grinder. I had been paying $8 for a little bottle. Now I pay $4.50 for a huge bottle.
    oh thanks, I will have to look in Costco when I go there next, yeah I know the $8 for the little bottle seems silly. thanks again.
  • Quote: As far as I know, the sea salt from IP is optional. I just buy mine from Costco.
    Thanks I will check costco when I'm there next!
  • I use the brand Real Salt which is what my clinic sells, but I just buy the same brand at the super market which is a lot less money.
  • They sell Real Salt at Whole Foods. I use any sea salt that I can get at the regular store
  • My nutritionist says any sea salt. She offered to sell me the pink stuff but said I could buy regular sea salt at the store and it would be fine. Several people I know on the program use regular sea salt.
  • Great thanks every one for the responses. good to know that I could use regular sea salt or pink sea salt not supplied by IP.
  • Practically ANY sea salt is fine.

Quote: Great thanks every one for the responses. good to know that I could use regular sea salt or pink sea salt not supplied by IP.
  • I'm on alts but I just use whatever's at the grocery store
  • I always use kosher salt, and haven't switched since I've been on IP. I like that it has no additives, and the coarse texture seems to work better for cooking. I really don't think there's much difference...
  • I bought some online, same as what coach gave. pink salt

redmond trading, bought a big bucket, no shipping fee