Increased Flexibility After Weight Loss

• Does losing weight (or maintaining an ideal weight) maximize flexibility?

Does your flexibility continue to increase as you lose weight? If so, why does this happen?
  • it did in my case.
    my legs used to be stiff and could not fold (budda fold) crossing while sitting on the floor.
    but I can do that now...
    I believe this happened because of the extra fat that was blocking me from doing certain action is gone with weight loss.
  • Like masterptr said, sometimes you seem inflexible because there's fat blocking your movements. For example, when I'm doing certain stretches I feel as though I could go further, but there's simply too much fat in the way. While I do think exercise itself will definitely increase flexibility at any weight, for me personally a lot of it has to do with getting the fat out of the way.
  • I haven't yet acheived my goal but I can already feel the difference. When I do certain workouts, I can kick higher. I can do lunges without problem (my balance improved) I can do more lower ab workouts effectively. Even when I do jumping jacks, it isn't like I am doing a two step process but more smooth (hope that makes sense) This is how I move now ---->