IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/02/12

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Happy Tuesday everyone.

I had a NSV last night . . . my hubby and I both got on the scale and I FINALLY weigh less than him!!! Me at 192 and him at 193. Not the official weigh in since that is Thursday, but our scale at home. It's been about 10 years since that happened! Ahh what a beautiful day it is today!
    WOOHOO!! My husband is a skinny guy so I doubt I'll ever weigh less than him (he's a healthy 138-140, that would be pretty skinny for me!). Congrats to you both on your weight loss!

Quote: Well I decided that my hair could go quite a bit shorter... I love this weight loss. I have my confidence back
    You look adorable!!

Quote: After a loss of 3 pounds last week, I was .7 today and less than an inch. Not discouraged. I will be and stay positive.
    Stay positive - low weeks are usually followed by big losses, especially if you haven't changed anything. Also if you're due to get your monthlies anytime soon, that will slow things down until it passes, then you usually will see a loss from all the water retention. Hang in there!
  • I have been there, I see it as a loss is still a loss

Quote: After a loss of 3 pounds last week, I was .7 today and less than an inch. Not discouraged. I will be and stay positive.
  • Quote: Well I decided that my hair could go quite a bit shorter... I love this weight loss. I have my confidence back
    Love it! I use to have short hair like that and loved it. For some reason now though I am thinking of growing it out.

Enjoying one of the last warmer days we are probably going to get up here- not looking forward to the snow flying soon. Going to start doing morning yoga tomorrow. Excited for this- not sure how I am going to time breakfast with it(and make breakfast for the kids), but will make it work.
    I just read wuvs recipe for broccoli cheese quiches- you read my mind on that one! I was just going to start figuring something out and saw this. Thank you!
  • Day 4 for me and I feel GREAT! I always have joint/muscle pain and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years back and then a couple of weeks ago my dermatologist said she thinks I have psoriatic arthritis and not fibro and has referred me to a ruemotologist. If I stay feeling this good, I think they are all wrong and it is wheat, gluten or something along those lines that have been the problem! I was perfect at work again today on plan! YAY!!!
    I love the veggie purees...I come home from work and fix a soup with some purreed cauliflower added and it is so filling and yummy! I am going to spend some time this afternoon cleaning and prepping some more veggies to have on hand and ready! I have always eaten many veggies, but wow...I cant believe how fast I am going thru them on this diet and that speaks volumes as to how healthy it is
  • Getting nervous - the open house at my clinic is this weekend, I'm giving the food presentation - things to do with packets as well as recipes that are IP friendly. I have to do most of my prep on Thursday, since Friday is the day when I work 2 jobs. I'm sure it will go fine, but I want to do justice to all the great things I've learned on these threads! I also don't want to overwhelm people with TOO much info all at once.

I'm hoping it's the start of an ongoing thing - I had talked to my coach about the financial need to switch to alternatives, and she REALLY wants me to stay on board as long as I can. So she agreed to let me continue to come in for my WIs and if I can do some work for the clinic (through these open house presentations, contributing to the website, running food clinics when I can) she will pay me in IP product so that I can at least continue with a mix of IP and alternatives. Hopefully it's a relationship that works out for both of us!
  • Good luck tomorrow! We'll be cheering for you!!
  • Quote: Getting nervous - the open house at my clinic is this weekend, I'm giving the food presentation - things to do with packets as well as recipes that are IP friendly. I have to do most of my prep on Thursday, since Friday is the day when I work 2 jobs. I'm sure it will go fine, but I want to do justice to all the great things I've learned on these threads! I also don't want to overwhelm people with TOO much info all at once.

I'm hoping it's the start of an ongoing thing - I had talked to my coach about the financial need to switch to alternatives, and she REALLY wants me to stay on board as long as I can. So she agreed to let me continue to come in for my WIs and if I can do some work for the clinic (through these open house presentations, contributing to the website, running food clinics when I can) she will pay me in IP product so that I can at least continue with a mix of IP and alternatives. Hopefully it's a relationship that works out for both of us!
    You will do fabulous!! Your clinic is lucky to have you!!
  • Scorbett,
    I don't think too much information is possible. I am absolutely absorbing any and all recipes I can- to get creative. To know you can make different things on this plan with what is available and still be OP is awesome! My brother is on IP and did no alternatives or new dishes until his wife and I went on and I shared some of the recipes with them, I think it has helped him refocus after 6 months to finally finish, and her to start knowing there are lots of options- more than just what is in the packets. You will do awesome, you will help all the new people- they will love it!
  • Ugh, I had a cheat today! I was out and got so absolutely hungry that I grabbed the only thing I could find -- a small slice of dominos pizza! I was so hungry that I was feeling nauseous and light-headed.

To avoid this in the future, I think Im going to purchase a few extra bars to keep in my purse just in case.

There'sno excuse for the cheat. I shouldve prepared better and ate before I left. Oh well, ive learned and will be prepared for next time.
  • Quote: Well I decided that my hair could go quite a bit shorter... I love this weight loss. I have my confidence ]
    And you look like you are on top of the world. Love the do!
  • Quote: Ugh, I had a cheat today! I was out and got so absolutely hungry that I grabbed the only thing I could find -- a small slice of dominos pizza! I was so hungry that I was feeling nauseous and light-headed.

To avoid this in the future, I think Im going to purchase a few extra bars to keep in my purse just in case.

There'sno excuse for the cheat. I shouldve prepared better and ate before I left. Oh well, ive learned and will be prepared for next time.
    Don't sweat it too much - things happen, and you have the right mindframe about it - next time you will be much better prepared!

I don't know if you had access to a Wal-Mart or drugstore where you were today - but if you ever get stuck again you can usually find EAS or Pure Protein low carb Ready-To-Drink shakes in the same aisle as either diet foods or Ensure. They are comparable to IP products as long as you go for the low carb versions
  • Quote: Well I decided that my hair could go quite a bit shorter... I love this weight loss. I have my confidence back

OMG I love your haircut!!

I REALLY want to do something different with my hair, but I'm rather limited with curly hair.
  • Tomorrow is WI, feeling "meh" about it.

Although, my belly and fatty areas are feeling soft, and I've found that to be the case when I lose some inches. So who knows!

Also starting a new job tomorrow so I need to pack some food for dinner! Found out my pay is increasing by several dollars and I am getting some awesome training paid for by them, woo hoo!
  • Wow. I just used the wf apricot spread as a glaze for pork. It was delicious. I need to rebook at those wf products!
  • Quote: Don't sweat it too much - things happen, and you have the right mindframe about it - next time you will be much better prepared!

I don't know if you had access to a Wal-Mart or drugstore where you were today - but if you ever get stuck again you can usually find EAS or Pure Protein low carb Ready-To-Drink shakes in the same aisle as either diet foods or Ensure. They are comparable to IP products as long as you go for the low carb versions
    I thought about grabbing a box of the Pure Protein bars and keeping some in my purse and backpack just in case. Is there any I should avoid? Also, would those count as a restricted?