3 inches until fully zipped!

• Ok when I was in my early 20's I picked out a beautifully simple white wedding gown to wear if I ever got married......size 10, has spaghetti straps and is a simple a-line gown....I am absolutely in love with its simple elegance. Fast forward to 9 years ago...planning my wedding I have the dress....hard part is covered right....WRONG! It didn't fit....I was devastated, I had looked forward to wearing it for over 10 years. I shopped and found a similar style in a 16 for my actual wedding.....I was so bummed but my day came and went and my never been worn dress hangs in my closet. Well today, i got the urge to wander downstairs and see just how far from closing it is....I can get it zipped up to about 3inches from the top where the little hook is.....I am thinking that maybe by next Fall my husband and I can go take pictures in my dream dress, and we can rent him a tux for our anniversary. Ether way I am excited that I may get to wear that gown even if it is just in my spare bedroom...
  • Congratulations on a good start. You will wear that dress, why not renew your vows in it ?
  • That's a good idea.....but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be doing that for at least a few years.....but I like that idea....gives me something to plan for
  • Who says you have to wait? Renew your vows alone.....go to someplace special and do it...maybe for your anniversary or something.
  • dstalksalot---hey...maybe next year for out 9th anniv. we can go to vegas and renew them....could be fun....I am taking my daughter on a cruise to the bahamas next winter so that would be out...lol But I LOVE VEGAS!!!! I have been looking for a reason to go back..lol