IP Chatting Thread Weekend Edition - Sept 29/30

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: So last week we went to Disney World. ...We had a blast, and I am glad that I was able to easily go back on plan when I came home. I am really glad I still lost weight.
    Thanks for this post. We're disney bound at Christmas and I hope to not be IP by then but "maintaining" my sexiness. Can you bring food in to the park or do they search bags and make you leave 'outside' food at the gate?
  • Totally random thought but I can't believe it's fall already! Lookin' outside, a beautiful sunny day, still warm enough but with beautiful leaves.... LOVE this part of Fall! Tomorrow when it's cold or rainy I'll be grumblin'!

May have to take my dog for a walk and enjoy an Autumn stroll
  • They search the bags, but we gave our kids each a fanny pack of food for the day (we only wanted to "eat out" one meal a day - this prevented lots of junk food begging), they never took the food away from our kids.
  • I neighbor cam over and brought us some fresh okra. Can anyone give me ideas on cooking it. We always breaded it and fryed it. I can't handle the slime when you boil it. Help please, will baking it make it slimy?
  • Quote: WHEW!!! Cleaned out the closet and delivered 3 bags of clothes to the consignment shop! Goodbye 18s, 16s, and 14s forever! I am going to resist the temptation to do more shopping until I decide what my official goal size will be and I am phasing off. I have not been this small since Jr. High. ALWAYS the fat girl. Not anymore! Got a wee bit teary when I put on an outfit I had my senior portraits taken in and it was too big (accept for the breast area thanks to my nursing 3 babies.)
    Awesome NSV!!! I cannot wait to break into the 2 tubs of size 12 clothes from before the kids - not too much longer!

Quote: Is crystal light once in a blue moon ok?
    I have my water with Crystal light one or two times a day. Some coaches are very against using it at all, mine was of the opinion that in small amounts, if it means I will drink plenty of water, the benefits outweigh the cons.

RE: Okra - I know somewhere LizRR posted how she makes Okra crisps in the oven - I can't remember the oven temperature she baked them at for sure, will have to see if I can find the post!
  • Okra is good with tiny bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and either grilled or roasted until tender. Keep it whole, just trim the stem end slightly.
  • Quote: Thanks for this post. We're disney bound at Christmas and I hope to not be IP by then but "maintaining" my sexiness. Can you bring food in to the park or do they search bags and make you leave 'outside' food at the gate?
    You can bring in food, we did a few times when we were there
  • Quote: Didn't see one so thought I'd get us started. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!

Congratulations. I have just reached that point myself the past couple of weeks! I was thrilled. We have been losing weight together and I started about 10 pounds higher than him. Now he has lost 120 pounds and is almost at his goal and I still have a while to go. But I love the feeling that I am finally lower than him!
  • Okra is good with tiny bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and either grilled or roasted until tender. Keep it whole, just trim the stem end slightly.[\

Thanks Pompein i hope it will not be slimy. I found on the Web to soak team in vingar to help so i did that .
  • Quote: Okra is good with tiny bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and either grilled or roasted until tender. Keep it whole, just trim the stem end slightly.[\

Thanks Pompein i hope it will not be slimy. I found on the Web to soak team in vingar to help so i did that .
    Here is Lizzr's recipe. They will be slimy cutting them up, but they are not slimy when roasted, ready to eat. I never thought I'd be eating okra, but love it this way. Hmmm never heard about soaking in vinegar.

slice the okra fairly thin and toss with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of olive oil. I spread the okra in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Then I roast it for 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven. It turns out a little crunchy and not slimy.
  • Friend bought me a new sweater. Can't believe I am wearing a medium! I still have some to lose and some toning to do... still proud of myself!

[/IMG]
  • WingnutandMe;4483609Here is Lizzr's recipe. They will be slimy cutting them up, but they are not slimy when roasted, ready to eat. I never thought I'd be eating okra, but love it this way. Hmmm never heard about soaking in vinegar.

slice the okra fairly thin and toss with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of olive oil. I spread the okra in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Then I roast it for 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven. It turns out a little crunchy and not slimy.[/QUOTE]

I cooked them just like your recipe and they came Great. Even my hubby loved them. Thanks for your help.
  • Quote: Didn't see one so thought I'd get us started. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!

YESSS!!

I remember when I posted about this a couple weeks back you said you were looking SO forward to this! I am so happy for you, you are amazing!!
  • Well I've enjoyed my 3FC and Me day. Boys are back home. Gotta go in to work tomorrow. Will check in for a break if I get the chance, but I sure did love a quiet house today. Got some stuff done, shopping done, a bit o' house work (just a bit) and a big "to do" list for tomorrow....sigh...

Thanks for being on line today ladies, so I had someone to chat with Enjoy your weekend
  • I had a great day today. I was down 5.4lbs today even though I was expecting a smaller loss. I went through some clothes and threw all my fat clothes in a bag for my older brother.

Even though he is 7 years older he always called me his big brother cause I was always bigger than him. I think I am right close to his weight now if not lower. WOOT WOOT!! He can't call me that anymore.