First Weigh In

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Can't wait to see what next week brings!
    Just remember that a lot of times the first week is going to be your best, so don't feel disappointed or like the diet's not working if your numbers aren't as good next week! Congrats on your loss so far!
  • Me, Too!
    Today was my first weigh in, too! I lost six pounds but I started only Monday. It's more than I ever lost in one week on any other plan! Plus I saw a very beautiful and thin woman at the clinic (I assumed she was there for something else) but she has lost 30 lbs since July. Very encouraging.
  • I really hope you're still reading this, or some of the other posts that explain that your first 2 weeks will be really good, but week 3 probably will not and the rest of the weeks even out. I'm not sure if it's explained to people that they aren't going to lose 6-8 pounds a week forever (hey, even the Biggest Loser people don't lose big every week and they have a personal trainer doing 8hrs of exercise with them!)
    A loss is a loss and is great so I hope you have a great 2nd week as well, but please don't be disappointed if week 3 isn't as fantastic... Welcome to the IP team -- lots of great peeps on here to answer questions if ya have them.
  • Congrats keep up the good work.
    Quote: Hey Everyone!

Well today was my first weigh in which I do at home because my coach lives in another city.
    I'm down 8lbs!! I dont know if that's a good first weigh in or not? I have heard most people say they lose 10lbs or more. I followed IP to the tee didn't cheat or anything. I'm very happy to see it being more then a few lbs though, and I have a long way still to go.

What was everybody's first weigh in like?

Thanks
  • Mckw83, Congrats! You are doing just fine. Keep up the good work and not to stress yourself out, just because others lose more. I lost 9lbs my first weigh in and others lost more. Our bodies are all different, we cant compare to others. Just follow the plan and let it do what it do!
  • Congratulations!!! That is a great weigh in!! I only lost .6 pounds on my first wi!!
  • Quote: I really hope you're still reading this, or some of the other posts that explain that your first 2 weeks will be really good, but week 3 probably will not and the rest of the weeks even out. I'm not sure if it's explained to people that they aren't going to lose 6-8 pounds a week forever (hey, even the Biggest Loser people don't lose big every week and they have a personal trainer doing 8hrs of exercise with them!)
    A loss is a loss and is great so I hope you have a great 2nd week as well, but please don't be disappointed if week 3 isn't as fantastic... Welcome to the IP team -- lots of great peeps on here to answer questions if ya have them.

Yes I'm still reading this. Thanks for the information, yes I figured that 6-8 lbs every week wont happen, although I have heard from my coach and she said that sometimes when you have more weight to lose it will come off faster then people that dont have much to lose. but in any case I'm staying postive and dedicated to this plan!. I will just have to wait and see what happens.
  • Quote: Congratulations!!! That is a great weigh in!! I only lost .6 pounds on my first wi!!
    Thanks for the Congrats! very happy that it's working.
  • Quote: Yes I'm still reading this. Thanks for the information, yes I figured that 6-8 lbs every week wont happen, although I have heard from my coach and she said that sometimes when you have more weight to lose it will come off faster then people that dont have much to lose. but in any case I'm staying postive and dedicated to this plan!. I will just have to wait and see what happens.
    Great attitude! You should do very well One thing I love about IP is that even though it SEEMS super restrictive, I've actually eaten more "different" foods than before, and I can always find something that is "close enough" to handle cravings. I think I lived in the recipe threads my first few weeks!
  • Quote: Great attitude! You should do very well One thing I love about IP is that even though it SEEMS super restrictive, I've actually eaten more "different" foods than before, and I can always find something that is "close enough" to handle cravings. I think I lived in the recipe threads my first few weeks!
    Yes I have been loving the Recipe Threads on here! Amazing recipes that sound so yummy! and might actually make me have less cravings to the food I used to eat so that's great! Thanks for the kind words.
  • Great job!!! 8 is a wonderful number!! I lost 10.6 pounds my first weigh in but I think most of it was water weight! Great job and keep it up!
  • Congrats! 8 lbs sounds fantastic! I just had my first WI today and I'm down 4. Keep up the awesome work!!
  • Congratulations! I just had my first weigh in as well. I lost 6.1 pounds.