10 down, 60 to go!

• This is my first post sharing pics, even though I've been on 3FC for a looooooong time! Unfortunately I haven't been successful losing weight up to this point. However, this time I know I'm going to be successful, because I'm doing all the things they say you're supposed to do. I'm counting calories. I'm working out regularly (I've developed a Zumba addiction, thankfully!). I've even started taking health and wellness classes at the local community college.

So.... Here's to the first 10 pounds lost. My turn to share the pics that I SO enjoy looking at from you all!

I was disappointed that I couldn't see a big difference in the before and after pics, but I can see it if I really look. In any case, I'm enjoying the process- where I am now- and appreciating immensely how much better I feel after just 10 pounds. My fiancé says I seem "reborn"- aka no longer totally depressed and miserable.

UPDATE 1/22/13!!! I am now at 15lbs down (I didn't gain over the holidays, thank goodness) and wanted to share my latest pic... you can actually see REAL progress (the very last picture is current 15lbs down, side view)!! Hope this motivates me and possibly you to KEEP TRYING!! It only takes 15 lbs to see kind of a big difference!! Thanks all

• Keep going
  • 10 lbs - thats fabulous!
    Great to hear you have found an excercise routine that you love - thats half the battle won!
    I started to see real progress when I committed to my excercise sessions - I dont allow myself the chance to not excercise.
  • Congrats on the 1st 10.
  • Thank you!! I just got back from 2 weeks of a pretty decadent vacation and good news is, I didn't gain any weight. Bad news is, I didn't lose any either. I am so frustrated with myself for loosing SO SLOWLY but I can't seem to figure out how to live on less calories. I'm not giving up though!
  • As long as you stay healthy your body will love you for it! You didn't gain any weight, so at least you know how to maintain. That's part of the process as well!
  • You're doing great! Keep it up!
  • Congrats on a great start
  • Keep up the good work!
  • Thank you thank you!!! So happy to have survived the holidays without gaining and even lost a little more!!