Skin Changes

• About ten years ago when I went on a low fat diet, I noticed that my hand started itching and peeling. It went away after several years.
    Now that i have started this diet my hands are itching again but they haven't started peeeling yet. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I wonder if it is because IM NOT EATING ENOUGH FAT (LOL) or something else?
  • Quote: About ten years ago when I went on a low fat diet, I noticed that my hand started itching and peeling. It went away after several years.
    Now that i have started this diet my hands are itching again but they haven't started peeeling yet. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I wonder if it is because IM NOT EATING ENOUGH FAT (LOL) or something else?
    I don't have the itching but my skin is really loose on my hands and arms, look like crete paper!
  • I would guess that's a sign that you're body's not getting enough of some nutrient, but I couldn't tell you which.
  • Or that you're getting older
  • Pure Coconut Oil is an awesome moisturizer

Are you prone to seasonal allergies at all? I know it's Fall here and that always kicks things up, including skin allergies for me.
  • Almost definitely a vitamin/nutrient deficiency.

Make sure you are getting enough Vitamin A, C, and your B vitamins. You should also increase the amount of dietary fat that you are consuming. Put some good fats in your diet and maybe try a fish oil supplement. That has worked wonders for my skin.
  • Thanks for the great advice!