What time of day do YOU do it?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • My mom goes to the gym at 5am. I guess she does it out of habit, because that seems very difficult... But yeah, if my mom can make a habit out of getting up at 4:20am every weekday, then you sure can!
  • I work 4 10-hour days, varying times. On my day shift days, I work out in the evening, sometimes before dinner, usually after. On my late days, I like to work out in the morning. On my days off I work out as soon as I get up, unless I'm planning on going to an evening yoga class.

I don't think I'll want to run in the evening much once it starts getting dark out earlier, but I'm not a morning person. Plus with my long work days, I'll still be running in the dark. I'll have to figure something out soon.
  • I usually only workout on Tues-Sat {Hubby's work week} but I have mornings when I'm gone so those days I work out in the afternoons. On the days I don't have to get up early I exercise anywhere from mid-morning to early afternoon, or sometimes two short workouts per day, one at each time. Last week my non-exercising Hubby suggested we go for walks in the evening, too.
  • I'm the type of person that like having a set routine so I usually like working out before lunch and/or after dinner.

I'm still trying to get use to how dark it's getting out so early, but as of now I'm still power walking in the dark.
  • I do it MWF from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. at the gym with some treadmill on alternate days.
  • My husband and I run for about 30-40 minutes every weekday morning around 6:15am. Then we've got it out of the way and don't have to worry about feeling tired when we get home from work. On M, T, and Th we do resistance band training to a video (I need an idea of how many reps to do and exercise for and when to stop, I can't regulate myself very easily). On Saturday we try to do a Leslie Sansone in the mid-morning whenever we wake up or pick a fun exercise activity to do we haven't done before. Sundays we either take the day off or bike 6 miles in the evening to a friends house. Now that I write it down it seems like a lot! Hope I'm not pushing myself too much! Overall though, we mentally prefer to exercise in the morning so we don't have to worry about it later. Physically, I get more out of an exercise in the evening when I'm less tired. I need a lot of sleep and usually don't get enough during the week.
  • Either right before or right after work Monday through Friday, and usually between 11 AM and 1 PM on weekends.
  • I typically work out 2X's per day - once during my lunch hour and once when I get home before dinner.
  • During the summer I split it between doing a workout in the afternoon and evening time.

Now that I'm back at college I will be doing my workouts once I'm home from college and what I do is based on how long my day is. If I force myself to do an hour and a half workout on a day I'm home at 7pm, I'm setting myself up for failure so I work around it and base how much I do on what time I'm home. During the weekends, I will stick to my summer plan of in the afternoon and evening time.
  • I like to exercise in the mornings to get it out of the way; otherwise, the later in the day, the more excuses I have. This is good for when I am tired (and I am really really tired) after work. Also since I start class again on Monday, I'll have a packed schedule so working out in the mornings is best

Hopefully when I get fitter I will be more addicted to exercise and will be able to look forward to it... right now it's at the stage where I am like "ugh do I have to get up... really" :P
  • Normally at 10am, right after my classes are done for the day Hitting the gym while I'm already on campus has kept me in a routine!