Oh my goodness, I didn't realize how much I missed 3FC!

• I haven't been on here in I can't remember how long. Which probably helped contribute to my 20+lb weight gain over the last 5-6 months.

I really need to get back on track though so in planning for a new start, I knew I needed to get on here to find some inspiration. I've only read a few posts so far, but I'm already getting that "we're all in this together" feeling I always get when I stay faithful to this site.

So yeah, just a quick post to say hello 3FC!! I'mmmmmm baaack!
  • Welcome back from down the Glenn in E.R

I can almost always attribute weight slides (or at least enthusiasm slides) with losing my online accountability. A little less posting and I'm fine, but disappearing almost invariably means my eating and exercise is a bit out of my mind, as much as the forum is! The good news is that no gain is permanent so long as you take the initiative to fix it. I'm cheering for you!
  • Quote: Welcome back from down the Glenn in E.R

I can almost always attribute weight slides (or at east enthusiasm slides) with losing my online accountability. A little less posting and I'm fine, but disappearing almost invariably means my eating and exercise is a bit out of my mind, as much as the forum is!!

i feel the same. not tracking my calories online or staying on this forum really helped me gain back some weight.
  • This is the first place I came when I re-started. It is also the first place I stopped coming when I started gaining, 5 years ago. Hmmmm, related? Indeed!!!

Welcome back! And we are all, definitely, in this together!
  • Quote: I really need to get back on track though so in planning for a new start...
    Why do you need to plan a new start? Just start and plan while you're doing.
  • Welcome back.

This is my first time at weight loss and it surprises me how often I read comments exactly like yours.....countless times I read about people backsliding after loosing accountability going off 3FC or loosing focus on health....and then eventually they come back here. You are not alone. I hope you find what you need.

How come the maintenance forums are not booming? Obviously people need some kind of accountability in order to succeed long term at maintaining... OP....these comments are not directed at you specifically, I am trying to figure this thing out. My worst fear is a regain and I am not even done loosing yet.
  • Welcome back!
  • Hi Kim,

Welcome back! We've missed you and I hope you are doing okay.
  • Welcome back!

I did something similar last fall & winter . . . in my case I went through a lot of personal issues and even my "normal" way of eating (aka maintenance) went out the window. Neither online nor RL accountability for me, and I guess I went out of control: I gained 25 pounds! So I got back on the wagon in March and have since lost all I had regained and then some. Part of what keeps me going is reading this forum daily, even if I'm not always posting.

So good to see you back! Our health is a precious gift and is something we should all do our best to take care of. You know what to do from here, now get to it . . . we'll be here to cheer you on.
  • Welcome back! And congrats on your recommitment to your plan!!!
  • Quote:
    Welcome back! And we are all, definitely, in this together!
    I second that 100%
  • Glad you have decided to re-commit. I recently went off track for two and a half weeks but am back on plan. It is so hard to stay focused. This board helps quite a lot.