Healthy Oils

• Is everyone getting their 2t of healthy oils per day? I wasn't, but then learned a little more about it and am working on it this week.

DO you think it makes a difference in your weight loss?
  • Yes I get mine in, for me it is pretty easy to do. As for is it helping or not? I am not a good one to ask, I have been dancing around the same 3lbs for months LOL
  • I get mine in. I don't believe in low-fat so this isn't hard to do.

As far as whether it helps or not I guess that depends on what you mean:

Yes, I think it helps your health

No, I don't think that it will make much difference in how much weight you lose

All of that said, in general, I personally think that lowfat diets aren't as successful long term as they tend to be diets high in carbs so adding a little oil may results in a lower carb diet which may be more successful. But, this may not be the case for everyone.
  • Yes - I avoided them for a while but then I noticed my skin looked awful and my hair was dry and I was shedding a lot so I made it a point to get them oils in, and also to back off the no-fat stuff as much as possible.
  • I couldn't agree more with Koshka. I used to spend....or waste I should say, my money on low-fat, 100 cal, etc, etc...garbage basically. Then I realized that if I was eating right I could have full fat things...like regular cheese instead of the fat free yucky stuff. Just have to have it in moderation. I am much happier about how I eat now and I eat little to no processed food and enjoy the foods I eat so much more. I do get my healthy oils in each day. I use coconut oil with most everything I cook. I think it's important for our bodies to get the right kind of fats/oils in.
  • I dug this older post up because I had questions about healthy oils.

I take fish oil and flax oil supplements for dry eyes caused by roseaca...would those count? I also try to cook with flaxseeds and I eat other fats (like cheese and peanut butter)....are healthy oils still necessary, or are they only necessary if you eat below a certain amount of fat?

what counts as healthy oils? i know olive oil, canola oil, and the ones mentioned previously in the thread....anything else?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
  • Walnuts and sesame oil count as healthy oils. I have a tablespoon of chopped walnuts every morning in my oatmeal so I get them in. I don't think healthy oils are meant to affect your weight loss but rather make sure you get healthy omega-3s in your body. I believe fish oil and vitamin E supplements count.
  • Walnuts don't count as healthy oils. The oils must be in pourable form.
  • I don't understand why they have to be in a pourable form. Isn't one of the points of having the healthy oils for the healthy fats? Some days I don't have anything where I could add an oil but I can add a healthy fat like nuts.
  • Quote: I don't understand why they have to be in a pourable form. Isn't one of the points of having the healthy oils for the healthy fats? Some days I don't have anything where I could add an oil but I can add a healthy fat like nuts.
    yeah, this is one ww rule I don't like. I think mainly because it has not been explained to my liking and i would rather eat something else. they should just make 2 tsp of oil free and doc everyone 2 points per day..haha

some info that answers my questions: http://skinnypoints.com/2012/03/23/w...-healthy-oils/

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android