I'm a true size 14 now!

• This wasn't really a goal, but I found myself having to go shopping for clothes last weekend because my old ones were falling off of me.

I wore size 18/20 for over 5 years and being 5'9/5'10 I found it tough to find cute clothes.

To my surprise trying on a pair of 16 pants was too big. The size 14's were perfect, but I really thought it was a vanity sizing thing. So I went into another store for fun and tried on about 4 pairs of 14's and a dress. They all fit great and one pair was a little loose!

I was bummed earlier this month because the scales were not moving for me at all, but I knew inches were melting off of me. Come to find out I am losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time so putting away the scale has helped me out tremendously.

Ideally I think I would like to get to a size 10 and maintain that size, but right now I'm focused on continuing getting in shape, eating right and losing inches. I'm proud of myself for dropping 2 dress sizes in 3 months.

Good luck girls!
  • Wow that is truly amazing and such an accomplishment! The best reward is being a smaller size and shopping for clothes is FUN rather than depressing. Yea!
  • Way too go! It's great that you were able to make shopping fun again!
  • It's super hard for tall girls like us to lose dress sizes- congrats!!
  • Wow, well done.
    My best is when my panties are starting to fall down and not because the elastic is streched beyond repair, it's because my butt no longer holds them up! Hee hee
  • Congrats, Sunnyside. Clothing sizes can be more more important than the scale - they reflect how you look! I laughed when you said you went to another store to check their 14's, too. How skeptical we can be of our own progress.

(Um, Wheresmychin, be careful when wearing skirts!)
  • Thanks so much for all of your kind words!!!

forrystar and atmos - exactly! I was all over the place in my first message due to excitement, but I was trying to say that there are so many more options being a 14 than a 18/20!

pinksparkles - tell me about it! at first i was losing pounds and I was like "hooray!" even though I couldn't see it at all.

Wheresmychin - that's too funny!

Mountain Mamma - I felt bad for the sales lady who saw I had a lot of bags and she thought she was going to get an easy sale out of me. just had to double check. lol
  • Thank you konablue!