IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/20/2012

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I am a newbie too
    Quote: I am new here. I got my packets and all yesterday, and will start the diet tomorrow (Friday) so that my first difficult days would happen over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be functional enough to go to work. Or I might take couple of days off...

I am 42 years old and weigh 230 lb. I have minimum 80 lbs to lose. I have been steadily gaining weight since 19 years old, except that within the past 8 months I gained 30 pounds, which is not "steady" but rather an alarming jump. It happened while trying to diet...not only I didn't lose any weight but gained 30 lbs!!

Basically my eating is out of control, I am out of control, and so I am ready to take this step. I like about this diet the fact that my own decisions (which I don't trust) are taken out equation and I know precisely what I have to eat, how much, how it should be prepared, and when.

Let's hope for the best!
    I know how you feel Learning to Fly! The first week was the hardest. It does get easier day by day. Some days are longer than the others...

I have found this forum very helpful. So keep checking in!
  • Quote: This diet definitely does put a toll on your kidneys since it is high protein. Have you had kidney issues in the past? Make sure you drink plenty of water to help your kidneys filter more efficiently and flush your body. If it's very painful and tender, I would call your doctor. You don't want to mess with kidney infections.

Also, unfortunately edamame is not allowed in P1 :-(
    Thank you Anna!
  • Quote: Morning everyone!
    Working on the dreaded budget today at work and needed a little chill time to read how everyone is doing
    Kay2012-awesome first WI! I am going to my first meeting with my coach Tuesday, and I can't wait! I am in MS too, by the way
    Tigerlvr52-congrats on reaching 60 lbs! That is great!!
    Hope everyone has a great day
    I live in Hattiesburg.
  • Quote: I live in Hattiesburg.
    Awesome!!....I'm only about an hour away I'm on the coast in Gulfport!
  • Quote: Awesome!!....I'm only about an hour away I'm on the coast in Gulfport!
    That is awesome! My in- laws live in Ocean Springs. I worked in Gulfport at a dialysis center between 1990-1995.
  • My clinic is in Ocean springs!!!...if you ever come visit you will have to come stop by and say HI!!
    Quote: That is awesome! My in- laws live in Ocean Springs. I worked in Gulfport at a dialysis center between 1990-1995.
  • Quote: My clinic is in Ocean springs!!!...if you ever come visit you will have to come stop by and say HI!!
    I will! It's a small world!
  • Welcome to everyone new! This is a great place for encouragement and ideas!

Quote: Well Good Morning Everyone....
    Didn't get much sleep last night which is not fun this morning but eh... tis life. I also wish the laundry fairy would visit a little more often. So great great news..... I am down another decade this morning.... Down 60 lbs. You have no idea how this has made my day even being overly tired.

so I have to pause for a moment.... and breath
    and DANCE!!!!

Today's Quote: Persevere and you will win the prize.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I had my week 3 weigh-in this morning and was excited to see another 4 lbs gone and 4 inches gone for good.
  • Hi there! I'm a newbie -- on day two of IP. Day one went by just fine. I worked that night, and I'm a bartender. I had to stop myself a few times from grazing food, or remembering to refuse a shot from a customer. I wasn't trying to cheat -- it's more habit. But the working distracted from any hunger I had.

Does anyone know how to make any veggie chips that stay on IP plan? I came into this fairly new to most veggies. All the ones I did eat are not on plan!
  • Maddiefoofoo, your pictures are fantastic! Congratulations! And good work!
  • Quote: Hi there! I'm a newbie -- on day two of IP. Day one went by just fine. I worked that night, and I'm a bartender. I had to stop myself a few times from grazing food, or remembering to refuse a shot from a customer. I wasn't trying to cheat -- it's more habit. But the working distracted from any hunger I had.

Does anyone know how to make any veggie chips that stay on IP plan? I came into this fairly new to most veggies. All the ones I did eat are not on plan!
    You can make zucchini and yellow squash chips with a mandolin slicer and your oven! Slice them thin, season, and bake at the lowest temp your oven can muster for about an hour, flip and bake another 30-50 minutes until they're crisp. Just remember to measure how many slices are in a cup before you bake, even very dehydrated they still count toward your veggie intake (at whatever the measure was before dehydrating)
  • Quote: I am new here. I got my packets and all yesterday, and will start the diet tomorrow (Friday) so that my first difficult days would happen over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be functional enough to go to work. Or I might take couple of days off...

I am 42 years old and weigh 230 lb. I have minimum 80 lbs to lose. I have been steadily gaining weight since 19 years old, except that within the past 8 months I gained 30 pounds, which is not "steady" but rather an alarming jump. It happened while trying to diet...not only I didn't lose any weight but gained 30 lbs!!

Basically my eating is out of control, I am out of control, and so I am ready to take this step. I like about this diet the fact that my own decisions (which I don't trust) are taken out equation and I know precisely what I have to eat, how much, how it should be prepared, and when.

Let's hope for the best!
    I am new to IP as well - started on 9/12. I had my first weigh in yesterday and was down 7.6 lbs which made me happy. I've tried many diets and always gained the weight back. I feel very confident about this diet, however. My friend lost 80 lbs on IP and looks fantastic! Good luck!
  • Got through the first week!
    Hi everyone! I'm new to IP and just finished my first weigh in yesterday. I am down 7.6 lbs which is awesome! The cravings are almost completely gone and I'm not starving all the time anymore. I'm having a hard time getting all my veggies in during the day. I don't like most veggies so any suggestions on how you all are getting yours in would be helpful. Does anyone blend them into their drink mixes?

Have a great day!
  • weigh in day...1 pound 1 inch ...slow but steady ...
  • Quote: weigh in day...1 pound 1 inch ...slow but steady ...
    It all adds up! Slowly at the end, but it does!