50 or more week of April 14

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • If you have 50 pounds or more to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start, even if it is tax week for those of us in the U.S.! Sure would be great to hear from everyone this week ... drop in when you can!
  • Soggy California!
    But we had a nice weekend away.
    2 nice days before 2 wet ones, so were able to walk the piers in Santa Barbara, have 'award winning' clam chowder, and go down town for a little bit, although the main part of downtown was blocked off with demonstraters.
    We proved you can shop in the rain. Solvang is such a fun little town with lots of little swedish type shops, we couldn't let the rain stop us. Lots of walking! I haven't gotten on the scales since I got home this afternoon, but figure I must be at least even.

Jan I'm glad that you stick around to inspire us. even though you are an 'alumni' of the weight range.
    I agree with all your thoughts about who is welcome here as well as on other threads. We are all in the battle together, just some have other game plans. If I had, had this place 15 yrs ago when I lost all my weight, I would probably have been more motivated or inspired to keep it off.
  • have 50 to lose
    Hi I hope that this is also for people that need to lose 50 pounds. I currently re-joined WW and have a little more than 50 pounds to lose. I lost about 18 before and then had some medical issues. Things are fine, just need to get this weight off. I gained the 18 I had lost b/c I eat when I am stressed. had a bump on the side of my face and the doctor thought it was something serious! Ughhhh.............to find out it is nothing seious and to get it removed it is cosmetic. Gotta live Kaiser! I am pumped and ready to go! I try to walk and sometimes ride a bike. Love to meet you all!
    *smile*
  • Welcome Jenifer! You're in the right place! I'm glad to hear the bump was nothing serious; whew. I'm sure that was really stressful, and I sure know what you mean about eating when stressed out. I'm trying to find other ways to deal with it, like getting more sleep or pampering myself in other ways. But it's hard not to turn to food, since that was my main "stress reliever" for so many years! Way to go on the walking & biking ... that'll speed up the loss considerably, and make you feel better, too.

JOYce, so glad you had such a good time in Santa Barbara and Solvang! And re: inspiration, it's the other way around, y'all inspire me! For three years, this group has given me support, kindness, advice, and so much more. We're all in this together! And the battle's certainly not over for me, just because I reached goal; it's a lifelong commitment.

Looking forward to the weekend already, and it's just Tuesday; I'd better get focused! Working in San Antonio tomorrow, but not planning another all-nighter tonight; just a few hours work this afternoon should do it. We're heading to Mexico and South Padre for our long weekend. Dad just loves feeding the seagulls, and we may also fly kites, swim, and of course walk a lot. And shop, of course!

There's a WW mtg down there that we may go to; hopefully I can check in for April there. It's interesting to see how other leaders/meetings go.

Gotta run! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
  • Hi everyone:

Been really busy - hope everyone is doing well.
    Had w/i last night & was only down .2#
    Thought it would be sooo much better since I stayed within my range & walked 12 miles. Lady at ww said maybe I didn't eat enough - can you believe that?

Anyway, can only hope for better results next week.

Have a great week.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! It is great to have support from someone that has already lost the weight! I am really looking forward to the whole program this time. I started Saturday and have stayed within my points each day so far.
    Do you all have trouble sometimes eating all your points? I have ranged different each day. Is this going to be a problem when it comes to weighing in???? Thanks for the help!
    Sat: 27
    Sun: 25
    Mon: 27
    Tues: 29
    Wed: 22
  • Hi Jenifer, Sounds like you are doing great.
    I have heard more than 1 leader say that it is good to vary the number of points you eat from one day to the next. Eating at the top of your range some days while eating at the lower end of your range the next. Keep up the good work!
  • Hi Bandit! Hey, any loss is a good one, and you'll probably show a good loss next week. Your WW leader is right, though, if you were eating at the lowest end of your range all week, that could also slow your loss, as it slows the metabolism, Variety (low one day, high, then med, then low, etc.) is supposed to help.

Hi Jenifer! WTG on staying within your range so well! Re: trouble eating all my pts, never, I hate to say! And I think it's a good idea to have different numbers each day ... (see above). Good luck!

Hi JOYce! Hope it's still not soggy out your way ... send us some of that rain, ok?

Had a busy day in SA yesterday, but stayed within pts as DH packed me a lunch. (Everyone else went to a Chinese buffet ... I can't be trusted there!) And I had errands to do for Dad, anyway. We're heading to the valley tomorrow for a couple nights, shopping in Mexico (yay!) and walking on the beach. Can hardly wait!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
  • Hi! Wow you all seem like a really nice bunch! I am still staying on track and ready to WI on Saturday! Don't I sound like I just started WW!

Joyve where at n Southern Ca are you? I grew up down that way I now live in Northern Ca and love it!

Well I will post my results for Saturday! TGIF!
  • Hi Jenifer I was born in Tulare, about half way between Fresno and Bakersfield, and visit family there quite often... but am living in San Dimas, just east of Pasadena. dh and I have lived here for 34 yrs, I think. We have 4 grown children, 10 grandkids and 4 great grands. (I really was a child bride!) The third of the 3 granddaughters that we have raised is getting ready to graduate from High School in June and will leave for the Air Force in July. We will have an empty nest for the first time in 46 yrs, except for a brief 2 yrs back there somewhere.

Sorry Jan, It looks like we are keeping our rain. After a couple of beautiful days, the skies opened up this afternoon and really let loose! Hope you don't dry up and blow away! You're geting so skinny, that might just happen!!! (sorry, couldn't resist) It is late and I am tired, just taking a quick break from the chocolate factory going on in the kitchen. dgd and I have been making chocolate bunnies and eggs etc. guess I better get back and finish up.

Easter Blessing to you all!! Jan, have a great get-away!
  • Happy Easter, everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend!

This has been a very difficult week...I would like to say I've eaten well, but noooo--I'm a stress eater and my eating tendencies have proven me correct this week! ugghhhh ....
    oh, well-today's a new beginning.

Welcome Justsecretgirl and hello to ALL of you.....I haven't been on much this week at all-maybe next week I'll do better.

have a GOOD one!
  • Joyce I was raised in Riverside. I know where you are. My dh just got out of the military and we decided to stay up here in Northern, Ca. We live in between Sac & S.F. It is a small town not very big about 15 miles from the nearest Wal*Mart. LOL

I am glad to join this group you all seem really nice! Thanks for the welcome Hottie!

I have my first WI tomorrow and cann't wait!!!!

Talk to you all later! The weather up here is turning out to be beautiful, for how long who knows!
  • Small world Jenifer!
    I'll be in Riverside for Easter dinner at my dd's!
  • Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been away for a couple of weeks, but things have been hectic here as usual. It seems like we have something "extra" to do every night and I am exhausted by the end of the week. I took off work today so that DD and I could redo our flowerbeds, and tomorrow we are going to go buy about 100 stones so that we can build a retaining wall. I wonder how many WW activity points that will earn me?? I can feel my aching back already! Oh, and I finally got a purple crepe mrytle to plant. I've wanted one for the last several years.

Guess what...Tim is home. He flew in tonight from Fort Knox and we picked him up at the airport. For those of you who are new here, Tim is my daughter's boyfriend who has been at Basic Training. He was sick when he left and ended up in the hospital. I'm sure being from Mississippi in zero degree weather didn't help either. Anway, he has been there since January but they are giving him an entry level separation so that he can come home and get his strength back. He can reup in six months, but that will be a decision he will make at that time. Right now I think he is just thrilled to be home. DD is thrilled too, and she would be even more so if she knew that he intended to propose in a few weeks. He wants me to go ring shopping with him and I can't wait. Tim is staying here tonight since it was so late, and because he wants to surprise his mom and dad in the morning. He said that he couldn't wait to sleep in a bed where his feet didn't hang off and to take a shower all by himself without anyone else in the room.

Tim's older brother Chris who was stationed in Germany was deployed to Iraq last Sunday, so y'all please keep him in your prayers.

Okay...now to weight loss...last week I lost 1.5 and this week I lost 2.5. That makes a total of 16 pounds gone forever (I hope). Today has been difficult. I've wanted to "graze" all day, but I think it was because I was at home and I was excited about Tim coming home. I managed to control myself, but I have been at the top of my points all this week so far, and I wanted to bank some for Easter Sunday dinner. Oh well...if I can just maintain this week I will be happy. I've had a loss all five weeks, so I'll hope for the best this week.

Jenifer WELCOME!! It is so nice to have new people join the group. I know you will find lots of support here. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow (or should I say today? I am usually asleep by 11 but here it is 2 am and I'm still wide awake. I've been running since early this morning and I'm finding it hard to wind down). Let us know how you do. I have cousins who live in Poway. Is that anywhere near where you are?

JOYce, I can't believe how creative you are...making chocolate bunnies and eggs. I wish I had 1/10 of your talent.

Jan, have a great time on your trip. Tell DH and your dad that I said hello.

Bandit, our teacher told someone at my Tuesday meeting that she wasn't eating enough. I really believe that can affect your losses. The weeks I eat at the low end of my points, I seem to lose the least. Of course, this week I have been at the top and that isn't really good either. I have found that I lose the best when I vary my points. You are probably building a lot of muscle too, which will benefit you in the long run by burning more calories, but muscle also weighs more. All I know is that you are an inspiration to me and you seem to be doing all the right things, so keep up the good work and I'm sure you will see more losses.

Hottie, I'm sorry you have had a stressful week. I think I'm a stress eater too and that is something I am trying to work on. Next week WILL be better...and just remember...you are a HOTTIE and you can do ANYTHING!!

I better get to bed. Everyone have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

Janet (Kudzu)
  • You all seem really nice! Okay I had my first WI and I 'm down 6 pounds! Whoohoo! I'm having a party! Just kidding but I sure am happy!
    Very small word Joyce! I was down there 2 weeks ago visit my Mom. I don't miss the hectic traffic down there at all. My Dh and I are going to stay home and cook something good. Happy Easter Everyone!