20 Something Profiles

You're on Page 12 of 30
Go to
  • First name: Terra

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Long Haired Chihuahua

Hobbies/Interests: Emailing,Chatting Online, Watching t.v/movies,Listening to music,Hanging out with my best friend when she comes to town, Spending time with my fiance, Dog and my family.

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Both Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May of 2013

Starting Weight: 294

Present Weight: 291

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning to eat smaller amounts

Following any specific plan: Nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never stayed dieting and working out long enough to see any results and this time around I've actually lasted longer on this diet and work out kick to see results

Anything else you would like to share with us: Backstory: I was thin growing up, I didnt start gaining weight until after high school in 03, I wasnt in sports growing up so I didnt have that to cont. with after high school if there are sports you can do after high school but while in high school P.E. kept me in shape but after high school I guess you can say I got lost/or bored, That was probably it boredom started cause for 12 years I had something to do every day and like I said I had P.E to keep me in shape and then after high school it was like Woah What am I suppose to do now? So I just didnt do anything and now 11 years afterwards Im kicking my self in the butt for not being more active so now Im trying to become more active, I just wish I did it before I gained so much weight.
  • First name: Just call me Mayssa :P

Geographical location: Montreal, Canada

Marital Status: Living with my boyfriend.

Pets: 2 adorable cats and one rabbit

Hobbies/Interests: PC/PS3 Gaming.

Height: 5"4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Pink

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 27th June 2013

Starting Weight: 192

Present Weight: 183

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Too lazy to get up and do the workouts, once i'm in it i don't stop but getting up is hard.

Following any specific plan: Just trying to work out one hour every couple days and eat healthy non-processed, nutritinal and low calorie ( deliiicious) foods.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    This is the longest I've managed to stay focused on a plan ! And I don't wanna stop until I can fit in the perfect medium size dress i bought

Anything else you would like to share with us: I wasn't always obese. I went from 125 pounds to 180+ in a year and a half. The psychological effects are devastating. And this time, I saw " NO MORE " !
  • First name: Kendra

Geographical location: Indianapolis

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Girls 9y, 6y, 4y and 2y; Boy 7y

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: anything crafty, sewing and knitting are my favs. Love music.

Height: 4'11" [actually 4'10.75" but I round up ]

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2013

Starting Weight: 174lbs

Present Weight: 174lbs

Goal Weight: 120lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: overcoming myself. Stress eating/ eating because I'm bored is the worst for me. Also, stop using "no time" as an excuse for working out or taking care of me.

Following any specific plan: trying weight watchers again, and attending the YMCA

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Finally done having babies, so hopefully no weight will pack back on!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really... Just glad to have found what seems to be an awesome group for support, which I REALLY need.
  • First name: Marie

Geographical location: Philadelphia, PA

Marital Status: living with girlfriend

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: playing guitar, exercise, video games

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/strawberry blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb/2013

Starting Weight: 203 lbs

Present Weight: 191 lbs

Goal Weight: 135lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I must say my impatience to see results and seeing "unhealthy foods" as a prohibited. Portion sizes.

Following any specific plan: currently visiting a nutritionist every 2 weeks. Now that I have more time for myself, I exercise at least an hour a day... 20-30mins resistance training (well dvds like Jillian Michaels) and then 30-40mins jogging. On weekends I am more flexible with my diet, and this has definitely helped me stay committed to my diet and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: well first of, I tend to get discouraged if I don't see quick results. I used to restrain myself from foods that I loved that may not be healthy, but learned to be balanced and allow myself to eat what I like every now and then in moderation.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I truly think that slow and steady wins the race. Even though my weight loss has been slow, for sure I feel very committed to it.

Geographical location: Copenhagen

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: cockatiel

Hobbies/Interests: horseback riding, running, swimming, skiing, painting..

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/light blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1st of August

Starting Weight: 171

Present Weight: 170?

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not to lose my motivation. Generally I'm quite good at it, but if I fall off the wagon, I stay off Exercising everyday is hard, but I'm doing it.. and trying to do things I enjoy!

Following any specific plan: Nope, doesn't work for me. Just healthy foods and not too many carbs.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm making delicious recipes I enjoy (not simple boring stuff), I've joined this forum, and I've made an exercise schedule..

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really excited about this!! Better work this time!
  • Quote: First name: Kendra

Geographical location: Indianapolis

Children/Ages: Girls 9y, 6y, 4y and 2y; Boy 7y

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: anything crafty, sewing and knitting are my favs. Love music.

Height: 4'11" [actually 4'10.75" but I round up ]

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2013

Starting Weight: 174lbs

Present Weight: 174lbs

Goal Weight: 120lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: overcoming myself. Stress eating/ eating because I'm bored is the worst for me. Also, stop using "no time" as an excuse for working out or taking care of me.

Following any specific plan: trying weight watchers again, and attending the YMCA

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Finally done having babies, so hopefully no weight will pack back on!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really... Just glad to have found what seems to be an awesome group for support, which I REALLY need.
    Wow! You have 5 kids already?! Way to go!!
  • First name: Shaunna

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 german shepherd

Hobbies/Interests: dogs, scrap booking, photos

Height:177cm

Eye/Hair Color: blue/gray

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 7th

Starting Weight: 98.1kg/ 261.2 pounds

Present Weight:98.1kg/ 261.2 pounds

Goal Weight: 70kg/154.3 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation

Following any specific plan: yes - will be following Tony Ferguson

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am the heaviest I ever been and refuse to let myself get to 100 kgs

Anything else you would like to share with us. Not really- as others have said I am happy to have found what seems like a really good motivation and support network
  • First name: Sarah

Geographical location: England

Marital Status: Single

Pets: A floppy eared, ginger dog

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Listening to music, Cooking, travelling...

Height: 5 foot 4

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7th August 2013

Starting Weight: 168 lbs (BMI 28.8)

Present Weight: 168 lbs

Goal Weight: 120 lbs (BMI 20.6)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Procrastination resulting in no exercise and hating wasting food!!

Following any specific plan: Just getting more understanding of the body and the nutrition required for healthy body function. Then implementing these lessons into my diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't want to be a 'do as I say but not as I do' doctor. I kind of feel like if I've got to educate others on their health and the importance of diet and exercise I have to lead by example.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Medical school starts next month, this is the start of a new life for me and a whole world of opportunities, therefore I want to be the best me I can possibly be.
  • First name: Tihana

Geographical location: Charlotte, NC

Marital Status: Living with SO

Children/Ages: Girl, 4

Pets: 2 cats (Zoey and Kotah) and a Pit puppy named Axel

Hobbies/Interests: Lots and lots of video games, and reading.

Height: 5'8''

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7th August 2013

Starting Weight: 246 lbs

Present Weight: 241.4 lbs (wtf?)

Goal Weight: 175 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The fact that I care more about that delicious pizza/Big Mac in my mouth than being thin.

Following any specific plan: Not really. Just counting calories and trying to do some minimal exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm getting unhealthy. Not just overweight, but cholesterol is up, blood pressure is up... I need to stop.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at this time!
  • First name: Quanza

Geographical location: Connecticut, USA

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: School, Traveling, Relaxing 

Height: 5 foot 0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 12th August 2013

Starting Weight: 250 lbs

Present Weight: 250 lbs

Goal Weight: 180 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Balancing a full time job, full time classes, 16/hr a week internship, and staying focused on my weight loss journey.

Following any specific plan: The Fat Smash Diet was suggested to me to help with managing my time to eat and portion control. I start the 9-day detox this Thursday 8/15/13

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: For the past six weeks I have made myself have time to go to the gym, 45 minutes to 1 hour Monday-Friday. This has helped me realize that I do have the time for it, I just need to make time. It has helped with my confidence in continuing this journey.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been able to go to the gym and focus on what I am eating because I was not working and going to school this summer, therefor I had a lot more time. Work, school, and my internship all starts in two weeks. I am very nervous about staying on track with so much going on.
  • First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Alberta, Canada

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, almost 2

Pets: Cat (Sophie)

Hobbies/Interests: Playing with my daughter, iPad, photography, baking, walking

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, dirty blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: end of may 2013

Starting Weight: 200.8

Present Weight: 168

Goal Weight: 130-135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making a routine and eating at regular intervals. Also resisting temptation.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting and doing something active everyday

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have self control, I'm not only doing this for myself but also setting a good example for my child.
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Southeast (Miami)

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: ballet, nutrition, public health, medicine, fitness, exercise

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown and blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2012 (can't remember exact day, but early May)

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 141

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Plateaus!! Also cravings, boredom, exhaustion

Following any specific plan: In the beginning, yes (and lost 71 pounds doing it) As of current, no. Just overall healthy eating and moderation + exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Doing it in a healthy way and monitoring myself. Telling my loved ones that I am dieting (makes things easier and holds you accountable!) Not being too extreme to the point of misery and ultimate failure
  • About me
    First name: Jada

Geographical location: Kissimmee, Florida

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: none, love dogs

Hobbies/Interests: video games, football, basketball, music, movies, playing and tinkering with electronics, reading, writing.

Height: 6'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/1/2013

Starting Weight: 353

Present Weight: 348

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: poor self image, defeatist attitude

Following any specific plan: no

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: never tried before
  • First name: Nic

Geographical location: Australia

Children/Ages: NA

Pets: (at parents house); 2 King Charles cavaliers (Scarlet and Toby), Shih Tzu/Jack Russell (Mac), Russian Blue short hair bobbed tail (Penny), Tri colour cat (Evy) and a bunch of noisy birds. On campus; none.

Hobbies/Interests: Computer Programming, Archery, Martial Arts, Bike Riding. Video Games, Music.

Height: 194cm ~ 6' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel Eyes , Dark Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Mid December 2012

Starting Weight: 148.7kg ~ 328 lb

Present Weight: 120kg ~ 264lb

Goal Weight: 105kg ~ 231lb, Would be fine with anywhere as long is a like my new body.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Convincing myself it was a problem and after seeing it was, trying to stop myself from hating my body completely.

Following any specific plan: Doing the insanity set of workouts with heightened protein intake and slightly lowered caloric intake then suggested for level of workout.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time i am completely set on losing all of my weight, any previous attempts were just to stop me from gaining much more.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really, as i'm a full time student i will try and be active on here and keep everyone up to date on how i'm going towards reaching my goal and join in on the conversation.
  • First name: Shelby

Geographical location: Ontario Canda

Marital Status: Relationship

Pets: 2 cats. Moo & Oliver

Hobbies/Interests: Art, Film, Graphic Design, Photography, Crafts, Baking, Cooking, Football.

Height: 5'4.

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, dark brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well I've been trying to lose weight for forever but it hasn't been working.

Starting Weight: 200

Present Weight: 200

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love cooking and baking, and of course I'm always wanting to eat those things. I love food in general. But I also have a huge problem with motivation too.

Following any specific plan: Not really... Looking for something that will work.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've just had enough. And even though I like my body the way it is now, I just want to be healthier and the fact that I'm gaining weight is just making me really really want to lose it this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: