Angel's Better Body Challenge III

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hello Everyone.....

A New Thread!!!! Yeah!!!! I hope we get some new members also!!!!

OK Lets review what this is all about....

We are all doing something a little different but we are here to help, support, and encourage everyone.... We have are ups and our downs.... we try to stay up.....

I think we should start off with an introduction again for all the newcomers.

I am a single (engaged) mother of a 14 & 16 year old.... challenging to say the least. Getting married in 20 Days (UGH!!!), been a single mom for 13 years. I work out of the home although I am on the road alot (in sales). I am very unhappy at the way I look and how little motivation and self discipline that I have had over the past few years. I am looking to change all this.

Name: Ursula.... aka Angel

Short Term Goal: 190# (size 14) by 5/3/03 - My Wedding Day

Long Term Goal: 130- 135#

Exercise Routine: (M-F) 30 min cardio; 30 min Circuit (alternate upper & lower); 10 min stretch
    I am also trying to include walking and yoga in with this....

Food Routine: 1400 calories a day

Trying to follow the 90/10 plan by joy bauer. It is where 90% of the calories are from the good stuff and 10% is from the fun stuff.

Water: 8-12 glasses a day

Biggest Weakness: FOOD in the evening.... I graze at night when I am tired. I especially crave sweets.

I know that my goals and plan are pretty well defined and I dont assume that everyone elses is there yet..... I have been really looking at this for awhile.

What I would like to see from everyone else is their starting point.
    You can follow what I did above: Name, age, height, weight, size, goals that you have (which dont neccessarily have to be weight related, could be want to walk a mile by the end of January- whatever is important to you). Give us a brief introduction and the we can go from there......Anything else you would like to include do so....

I am so glad that all of you are here to help me, encourage me and support me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Hopefully all the old timers will come back and along the way some newbies will come join us.....

I have 20 days till the big day..... I need focus in these last few days.... hopefully I will get it!

How is everyone doing???? What are you wanting to ficus on?
  • Hi all!

Gigglez/Sandy(one of us may be an evil twin LOL). I am 36 yrs old 5'5 1/2" and currently am at 201. I started out at 212 (this go around). The last one I started at 220 and went down to 184. Unfortanly medical problems and meds were part of the downfall and I was the rest of it. Right now I can get into anywhere from a 16-20 depends on who makes what. Short term goal 190 by May 5th. Long tern goal is to make it at least to where I was at 184 or somewhere in the 170s. I have a large bone structure and I know that if I get too small I would look odd, plus I know that I have to be realistic in my goals or I will give up. As far as my eating plan I aim for 2-3 healthy meals a day and sensible snack which are usually fruit or yogurt(ff). I get in anywhere from 64-96 oz of water a day and vrey rarely drink pop and when I do it is usually cf diet pepsi. Exercise I aim for 6 days a week now. I try to get in at least 35 carido, 12 sets of abs, 3 sets of back extension, 3 sets of butterfiles, 3 sets on the triceps, 5 sets on lower abs, and there are other days that I do other things all of which depends of how my hips are for that day. There are some days that I get in an extra workout on my abs(10 min ab tape). I know that all each one of us can do is our best on a day to day basis and this is a series of baby steps.

Sandy
  • Hey Everyone!!!!

I hope you guys come back soon....

As for me I have done pretty well today workout wise - not so great food wise... story of my life.... I am off to take daughter to dance and I am going to try for a yoga class....

Talk to you soon.
  • Ok Well I didnt do to well yesterday.... COOKIES!!!!!! Keith brought home these cookies that called my name all day yesterday! It drove me insane.... and I succumbed.... they do tell you not to have them in the house and they are so right.... as long as they are here that is all I think about.

I worked out yesterday morning but didnt make it this morning... I am hoping to get there later today.

How is everything going for you Sandy??? And Everyone else???? We are missing you.

18 Days Till The BIg Day!!!!!
  • Hey, girls!!!!

I'm sorry,I haven't been posting. I've lost 10 pounds since I've last posted! I'm very happy right now,I've been so busy,I'll try to post as often as I can ok!

Angel: girl, I've missed you so much, I hope you're not mad at me for not posting lately(sorry)! I'm so happy for you it's almost here(wedding) girl,keep going it dosen't matter if you don't reach your goal before your wedding day, just keep on going you have a long life ahead of you!! It' dosen't matter how long it take's,as long as we accomplished it right?

to ther rest of you girls: keep going don't give up ok!!!!

See you soon girls,
    Winnie
  • Hey Winnie- Nice to hear from you!!!! We have missed you! Way To Go on the 10# Weight Lose.... that is just terrific.....

So what are you doing to lose all those great pounds?

Picked up my wedding dress today.... only 18 days to go...

Sandy - How are you doing???? Just keep going forward - I know you can do it.... and always remember that you are doing it for yourself....
  • Hi, I hope you all don't mind me posting here, I'm still pretty new here and still just trying to figure out where I belong. I did join 1 really great group in the Buddy Up forum that kind of took me in and made me feel welcome, so here goes.

Name: Jenny or Jen

Height: 5'7"

Starting weight: 240

Start Date: 4/6/03

Size: 20, 22, 24 depending on the clothes, but right now I also wear things very baggy so I wear a 3X shirt.

Goals: To lose 100 pounds in the end, but to lose as much as I possibly can before my graduation on August 24th. And to be able to take my kids to the park and RUN around with them and not get winded after 5 minutes...And someday I would love to get a group of people together that have all lost a significant amount of weight and compete in Eco-Challenge, not to win, but just to do it just to prove to ourselves that we can. I think it would be mighty inspirational.

Exercise: As much as I can. Right now I'm walking about 5 miles a day, I plan to start alternate walking and riding my bike once I lose a bit so it's not so hard on my knees. I am also starting to lift weights on the weight machine we have at home, and startin the beginning of May there are a couple classes I plan to take at the local rec center.....a strengthening class, a water aerobics class, and a zumba fitness class.

Diet: I'm just trying to watch what I eat, low fat, low calorie, just basically cut down on the amount that makes it into my mouth. I usually crave salty things like chips and such, but I'm completely powerless when it comes to cheesecake

Well...I also have 2 kids, my son Mark is 7 and my daughter Ivy is 2, I'm divorced from their father but we decided to get back together and work everything out, but he made some bad choices and is in prison right now, so that is a great deal of stress, along with school. But I'm changing my outlook on everything, and I'm going to be more positive. I'm going to do this, this time. I haven't weighed in yet, I plan to do that this coming Monday, so we'll see how well I've been doing. Well must put my kids in their beds they fell asleep watching Harry Potter.

I hope you all have a great Thursday. Take Care.

*Jen*
  • Hi everyone! Way to go Winnie on the 10lb lost. You keep on keeping up what you are doing. Glad that you are so happy right now. Welcome to you Jen. Sounds as if you are on the right track, just keep it up. Angel I can't believe that it is so close to your wedding. I wouldn't fret about the cookies. I had cake yesterday and I just thought oh well, I will do better next time. Today was my weigh in and I lost 3lbs. So I made my 2wk goal of loosing 4. I an finally under 200 not by much but under. I almost fell over when the scale read 198. I guess that I am thrill and at the same time I am now more determined. Gotta run work is calling.

sandy
  • WAY TO GO SANDY!!!!!! I wonder if I am ever going to see under 200#s again....

Welcome Jen - We are a pretty good group that has some girls MIA right now....

I am now 16 days from my wedding day.... getting a little nervous... and at the same time really ready to have it over....

I hope everyone is doing great!
  • Hi ladies!!!

Thank you so much for the welcome, it's nice to meet you all. I hope everyone is doing good. as for myself, I've been better. Working on the last of my water for today....actually I'm pretty used to it now. I don't really want to drink anything else. And I went for a walk today, not quite as long as usual, I just wasn't really in the mood like normal. Today it felt so hard to get up those hills, plus I've been pretty tired. Alot of people around here have been getting sick and I think they're passing it on to me. I hope not, I've been pretty lucky for the past couple of years, I don't want to break my streak. I went to the store today to get all the stuff for the Easter baskets, and ended up spending about $25 on candy alone I need to take some back, I don't need all that in the house, although I only had 2 little reeces peanut butter eggs. So I'm pretty proud of myself for that, usually I would have eaten at least half the bag by now. I think I'm actually going to be okay this Easter. I think I'm going to be able to control myself.

Angel: Congratualations on your upcoming wedding!!!

To everyone else: I hope you all have a great Friday. Hope to hear from you all soon.

I'll check in tomorrow. Bye!!

Take Care!!! *Jen*
  • HI all!

Jen, remember to listen to your body. You might be getting sick, so it is import that you listen to it more than ever. Good job on the self control with the easter candy. Hard job and it is worse cause we get so involved in making those baskets. Remember baby steps.

Angel, thanks. I know that you are goin to see under 200. It will probally come sooner than you think. I think that I have finally figured out some things that work for me. Also I am goin to try the points. Have a friend that gave me a break down and a points finder. Goin to see if it helps. Who knows maybe it will. Just remember that you can and will do it. Experiment a little and try something different? Who knows what might work for you. I have found that getting more calcuim helps, as well as not eating when I get home from work(10 pm). If I do have to have something I try to make it ff yogurt.

Here's to a stress free Easter for us all.

sandy
  • Angel check out the support forum. I am currently hosting a shower for you!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

sandy
  • HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well today. I just wanted to get a post in early tonight, I have so much left to do. Yesterday was not a very good day, the eating half was okay but I wasn't able to get out and walk or anyhting like usual. I feel so BLAH now. We had to get up early and go to the Easter Eggs-travaganza the the Mayor was hosting. Thank god we got there an hour early, when we left there was a huge line. We dyed our eggs, cleaned the house, made some Easter cookies (Iwas bad I had 2) went to the grocery store which was awful by the way. It was so crowded there were no shopping carts left. I'm hoping to get my walk in after dinner but before it gets dark. It's been raining all day so all the trails are going to be muddy, bt I know I'm not going to be a perfect angel tomorrow, so I have to do something today and definately tomorrow. Well I'm off, I hope you all have a very Happy Easter!!!!!

*Jen*
  • Just a quick HI! I am back from vacation but I am very tired. I will try and post tommorrow. I have to clean house,do laundry ect...And of course go back to work! Yuck! Hope all is well!

Beth