This is TMI fo sho' but...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • ...if I weren't so constipated I would probably be down two more pounds
  • Just two? It is amazing what a difference colon sludge can make!
  • Due to medication I have major issues in this department.
  • Yeah, it definitely makes a difference!
  • I was watching Supersized Vs. Superskinny and the host lady went and got a colonic massage (I think that's what they called it; just a belly massage it looked like). I think I would consider one of those. She was running to the bathroom midway through the massage!
  • You could try to take a laxative if you think that would help. I had to take laxatives to prepare myself for a medical treatment (take a guess) and I felt better after I got all the junk out.

Things to eat to prevent or get rid of constipation are fruits like figs, apricots, peaches, pears, prunes, and even pineapples. You can also eat veggies like beans, kale, spinach, artichoke hearts, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, etc.
  • I have major constipation issues, I started taking stool softeners daily it has helped
  • I have IBS (Irritabel Bowl Syndrome) and take a probiotic every day. It works wonders on my stomach.
  • Last week I was in the same situation so I ate fibre crazy for 2 days and then pooped out everything haha I drank lots of water and massaged my belly too. I've never used laxatives but I'd only use them as a last resort to be honest.
  • Apparently constipation is extremely common for people that have lost a lot of weight. I have been having MAJOR issues of not being able to go until I head out for a run, and then about 1 mile in I have to poop so freaking bad I can't hold it. And I mean I CAN'T hold it. And if you were to look up the ideal diet for BM's, that's what I eat.

Doctor said that it is fine to use Miralax every day, but NOT laxatives as your body can become addicted to those. So far the Miralax is working great. I'm hoping to get my body on a regular schedule and then transition off of it.
  • Quote: I have major constipation issues, I started taking stool softeners daily it has helped
    Is it ok to take stool softeners (not laxatives!) everyday? I looked at the bottle and it said not to use for more than 3-4 days in a row or something but I NEED it everyday especially being on meds that make things difficult.

I'm assuming it's ok but they probably say not to take it everyday for CYA in case someone has bowel obstruction and not just constipated.
  • I too suffer from extreme constipation issues.... Had colonics in the past but even these don't completely rid me of all the excess poop and weight. :-(
  • Yogurt is my friend. I don't know why or how but it resolves my poop issues.
  • I have the same problem. I'll feel like I have a soccer ball protruding from my stomache for 4-6 days, then have awful stomach cramps, eventually have diareah and lose a few pounds. I've tried yogurt, and am on to Miralax.
  • Quote: ...if I weren't so constipated I would probably be down two more pounds
    miralax is your friend. For real. Try some.