(re)introduction

• Hi,

I posted intermittently in these forums several years ago, but at some point got covered up by all the other little demands on my time and slipped away. A shame, because I really enjoyed hearing from and sharing with others in the same boat as my wife and I.

I lost 115 lbs in 2000-01 in response to my lousy state of health. My wife lost 55 lbs at the same time. We have been fortunate enough to keep it off since (with the expected small fluctuations).

Lately my thoughts have been very much about maintenance as we try to provide some guidance for a couple folks we know who are trying hard to modify their lifestyle. Sometimes it's difficult to verbalize thinking and routines that have been a part of your life for a such a long time. Maybe getting back into the conversation here will help me better articulate the ideas I'm trying to get across.

Good to see a lot of familiar names from a few years ago are still about.

Best,

John
  • Welcome Back ! You might enjoy our weekly chat or our Maintainers Facing Fall Fearlessly. I would enjoy hearing from you and about your weight loss. I do remember reading some of your posts and look forward to reading them again.
  • Welcome back, John, it's always good to have another man about the forum.

Yep, it's easy to get distracted by life and drift away. Hope you can find one of the groups around here to become part of. I find that I get the most out of 3FC by daily posting - especially when I don't feel like it.
  • Thanks, bargoo and Bill!
  • Quote: I find that I get the most out of 3FC by daily posting - especially when I don't feel like it.
    That is pretty profound Bill! I'll have to remember that.

Welcome back John. I am awed and inspired that you and your wife have both maintained so well for so many years.
  • Welcome back John!

Maintenance is complicated at best. I'm also impressed at you and and your wife and your long term success.