IP Daily Chat Wednesday 09/05/2012

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: I am losing interest and motivation. The money part is really getting to me and I would really like to get off IP and just continue to eat healthy and keep the diet going as close as I can. Tired of weighing in every week. I have continuously lost but hate having to explain when I slip off program. I am still losing because I am still eating healthy and under the normal caloric intake but the extra vegies and protein are preventing me from losing more.

Been OP since May and starting to get bored. I HATE to cook so mixing up my recipes will be really hard for me.

Think I might talk to my coach (who is a close friend) and go off IP for a bit and see if I can continue to lose.

I ALWAYS get to the point when losing weight that I feel great and should be happy where I am.

I am currently less than what I was in High School so this is awesome for me.

I want to continue to lose but I am REALLY missing my breads, sweets, cheese and alcohol.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
    I understand your frustrations, but like the others above I have to advise you to hang in there.

If the financial side of things is becoming difficult to manage, try the alternative product route. Lots of us are using alternative products with success while following the Ideal Protein protocol. It's much less expensive, but the results in most cases are the same.

As to missing 'breads, sweets, cheese and alcohol'.. I enjoy waffles, muffins, delicious protein bars, and veggie cheese from time to time. The only thing that is missing is the alcohol. And that will still be there a few months from now, when I hit my final goal weight.

I recently put together a dieting blog, and the focus of it is for those who are following IP but wanting to save money and switch to alternative products. It's quite informative, and hopefully you'll find it interesting and helpful. I invite you to check it out - the link is below in my signature line.
  • Quote: I am losing interest and motivation. The money part is really getting to me and I would really like to get off IP and just continue to eat healthy and keep the diet going as close as I can. Tired of weighing in every week. I have continuously lost but hate having to explain when I slip off program. I am still losing because I am still eating healthy and under the normal caloric intake but the extra vegies and protein are preventing me from losing more.

Been OP since May and starting to get bored. I HATE to cook so mixing up my recipes will be really hard for me.

Think I might talk to my coach (who is a close friend) and go off IP for a bit and see if I can continue to lose.

I ALWAYS get to the point when losing weight that I feel great and should be happy where I am.

I am currently less than what I was in High School so this is awesome for me.

I want to continue to lose but I am REALLY missing my breads, sweets, cheese and alcohol.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Just keep pushing!! I keep telling myself that in a few months, I can have everything I miss (well ALMOST everything) but in moderation. I'll be thinner, healthier, and happier for it too!
  • Quote: I am a little discouraged today. I have my WI tomorrow as my coach will be away Fridayand so far my home scale ony shows 2lbs lost. I am still big enough that I would hope for bigger numbers. I have been 100% OP.

Hope I sees bit more come off tonight. After my 2nd WI I was down 15 lbs. I was hoping to hit the 20 lb mark this week. But I guesses long as I follow te plan the weight will one off.

Hav a great day everyone.
    Quote: continue to be frustrated wtih the lack of weight coming off. My WI will be tomorrow and I haven't lost anything this week on my home scale. i am on week 6. I have a reward pair of new zip off pants hanging on the closet door when I lost 3 more lbs. The fit now, but the reward was for the weight loss.
    OK...you two......y'all are being FAR WARNED...here comes a case of "tough WUV"....Your numbers will NOT be BIG every week no matter how much you stay 100%. I have been OP for 69 weeks as of today, I have been 100% since day ONE, I have had a few gains, ZERO losses and below a pound losses. Did I get discourged, NOPE, I KNEW that there was NOTHING I could of done different, I followed the sheet and didn't deivate from it so there is NO way possible I could gain. I eat almost the SAME thing EVERY DAY....so how could that be? its your BODY changing, you may not be losing pounds but you are losing INCHES.....AND if you don't see it on the tape measure when you are measuring, there are other places that you are also losing inches like in your neck face, hands, ankles. Your WHOLE body is changing in SOOOO many ways. You have to be patient with this program, You follow it...IT WILL WORK.....you believe in it.....IT WILL WORK.....You BELEIVE in YOURSELF....YOU CAN DO IT.....Have a little faith, TRUST me when I say...I WILL COME OFF. Last week I had a gain of 1.1lbs this week I loss 2lbs, did not do ANYTHING different...Don't let small numbers distract you....its ONLY A NUMBER.....go by how you feel, how your clothes fit you....DO NOT BECOME A SLAVE TO THE SCALE!!!.....if you weigh everyday....DON"T....I challenge EVERYONE for ONE WEEK to ONLY weigh on your OFFICIAL Weigh in day....Let your losses be a surprise, because what is happening is....You step on the scale this morning ONLY loss 1lb so now you are stressing SOOOO your body will HOLD ON TO that and that is all you will lose if not even maybe gain....Trust me....that is all I am saying is TRUST ME and follow the program...don't stress about anything...please!
  • Wuv is right...of course!!

I weigh in tomorrow, but I don't need to WI to know that I am losing. (And in all the places I wasn't looking for). So my suggestion if you are doubting the process is to take a good look at the nsv's, because they usually mean a lot more than the scale does.

For example, my butt is now saggy in most of my pants that fit my waist; great! LOL

And my boots can be zipped ALL the way up! Which, again while nice, why is my belly so resistant to change?? Nobody else knows my calves are losing weight, it's not like I announced that my boots were partially undone before.

Oh, well I am soooo excited to know that my body is losing fat, (even if i would prioritize which fat differently), and I know that by staying OP its been figured out for me, and I will continue to lose over the long term.
  • Quote: Wuv is right...of course!!

I weigh in tomorrow, but I don't need to WI to know that I am losing. (And in all the places I wasn't looking for). So my suggestion if you are doubting the process is to take a good look at the nsv's, because they usually mean a lot more than the scale does.

For example, my butt is now saggy in most of my pants that fit my waist; great! LOL

And my boots can be zipped ALL the way up! Which, again while nice, why is my belly so resistant to change?? Nobody else knows my calves are losing weight, it's not like I announced that my boots were partially undone before.

Oh, well I am soooo excited to know that my body is losing fat, (even if i would prioritize which fat differently), and I know that by staying OP its been figured out for me, and I will continue to lose over the long term.
    All of your comment is absolutely smack on. But I laughed at your comment about 'even if I would prioritize which fat differently'. I hear you! Mine losses are finally starting to shrink the stomach area... about time!
  • Saw this and drooled...... minus the toast for Phase one.

• Quote: Saw this and drooled...... minus the toast for Phase one.

Mmm looks so good!
  • Ooh, almost forgot!

Today I FINALLY weigh less than my bf. AND I beat my first goal that was 27lbs by my 27th birthday...which is on 9/25!

Today is a good day, and this is a good time in life for me.
  • Yum! I do that but with a slice of low sodium/low fat ham scrunched up like a cupcake liner in a muffin tin. Pop in the egg and bake. Sooooooo good!
  • Quote: Ooh, almost forgot!

Today I FINALLY weigh less than my bf. AND I beat my first goal that was 27lbs by my 27th birthday...which is on 9/25!

Today is a good day, and this is a good time in life for me.
    OMG so exciting! Seriously. I completely understand how exciting this is. I can't WAIT to weigh less than DH. About 5-10lbs to go for me!

Huge congrats!!!!
  • Quote: OMG so exciting! Seriously. I completely understand how exciting this is. I can't WAIT to weigh less than DH. About 5-10lbs to go for me!

Huge congrats!!!!
    Thank you!! I did a dance and called my mom this morning LOL. I've been forcing him onto the scale every few days and this morning was the day!! He says he's going to start eating nothing but salads to catch up to me...
  • I just bought some boxes of Proti-thin chocolate bars and want to figure out if I should consider them restricted or not. What's the carb threshold?

TY!
  • Quote: OMG so exciting! Seriously. I completely understand how exciting this is. I can't WAIT to weigh less than DH. About 5-10lbs to go for me!

Huge congrats!!!!
    That's my goal also, to weigh less than my husband. I should be getting there right around the time I hit the 100 mark. A double victory.
  • Quote: I just bought some boxes of Proti-thin chocolate bars and want to figure out if I should consider them restricted or not. What's the carb threshold?

TY!
    i was always told 10.
  • Quote: I just bought some boxes of Proti-thin chocolate bars and want to figure out if I should consider them restricted or not. What's the carb threshold?

TY!
    9 carbs is the threshold. I eat the Detour bars, and by the time I deduct the fiber and sugar alcohols, I'm left with bars that are only 1 to 3 net carbs.