I did it. 285 to 149. Size 26w to size 8. Yes!!!

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • I have been so busy out living life and having fun that I realized I hadn't shared with you all that I reached my goal!

I'm so thankful for all of the support I have received here. I went into lurk mode often, but just being here is motivation by osmosis!!

There are lots of progress pictures in my mini-goal threads that are linked in my signature, but here's a before & after.

I was (and still am when I need to be) a calorie counter. I used My Fitness Pal website and app to log all of my food. My friends on there were critical to my success - I knew that I would get cheers for meeting my goal each day. I exercised, but off and on, and I am a full believer in diet for weight loss, exercise for fitness. I know there is room for improvement on my fitness and that gives me a new project.

I always thought I was happy before. I had a great family, great job, a home, friends, etc. But now I am HAPPY. It's hard to explain. I walk around with a dumb grin on my face half the time. I am more outgoing & friendly, I get out of the house more, my house is cleaner - like it's all coming together. I am learning to live in the moment rather than in the future.
  • re:
    WOW! You look great!
  • Most excellent! Congratulations!
  • You are an amazing inspiration! Great job.
  • Phenomenal!!! Feels great doesn't it?

I know what you mean by walking around with a dumb grin on your face!!! People I don't know see me and they see just a guy who is a little overweight ( still have some to lose, hence goal #2). Little do they know where I used to be
  • I am so happy for you! Congratulations!
  • Fantastic transformation, you look great well done!
  • Awesome job ..congrats!!! you look so happy!!!!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You look marvelous. All of your hard word has paid off.
  • Congrats! You look great!
  • You are pretty in both photos but Wow - you're half the woman you were!!!

What an inspiration.
  • You look amazing! Now that you can see the bone structure in your face you look so beautiful! congrats!
  • Hooray for you!! You look super fabuolous!!! Great job, you are an inspiration!!
  • Wonderful! Very inspirational.

It's great to see calorie counters lose weight, and I love hearing that weight loss can happen without going crazy at the gym. It's hard enough to start eating healthy, I think fitness should come when you're ready for it.
  • You've done an amazing job! You look wonderful, and I definitely agree with things coming together--some of the great "side effects" of weight loss--more energy, more confidence, etc. Great work!