Dividing up Veggies??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I have the same problem....4 cups of veggies is too much. I've actually been skipping my 2 cups of veggies at lunch each day. I'm not hungry for it and I just can't get myself to eat it at lunch anymore. Sometimes, I will do a little extra with my dinner though. I'm also, really finding it hard to eat all of my packets in a day. It's amazing how full I am on this diet!
  • I had a hard time with 2 cups at lunch and again at dinner - throughout my 22 weeks I had 1 cup veggie @ breakfast, 1 cup @ lunch, and 2 cups @ dinner. Shuffle the food to make it fit your schedule, but eat all of your food - you really need EVERYTHING on the sheet. Skip something and don't be surprised if you hit a stall - cutting nutrients on an already restrictive program has proved counterproductive many times before.
  • I have a hard time eating two cups of broccoli or asparagus, or other more dense veggies, but I can't get enough salad. Maybe try something lighter like butter lettuce?
  • What do you guys think of grazing on veggies thru the day? I've been cutting up broccoli, cauliflower, red and yellow peppers and giving them a shake of salt then nibbling on them from about 11am til 2 ish when I can usually get an IP soup in at work. I eat my dinner veggies all right but at work this seems to work. Everyone ok with that one?
  • So many great suggestions, thank you!!!

I was starting to worry that I was the only one feeling like it was too much.
  • If you're a salad lover, don't forget that spinach counts as a veggie, not a lettuce! If you can't do 2 cups of denser veggies, have a salad with 1-2 cups of spinach instead of lettuce, topped with 1 cup of another veggie. Then you only have to squeeze in 1 more cup for your day.
  • Quote: y'all must have been great veggie eaters prior to starting ip because i struggle daily trying to come up with a tolerable variety....ugggh, i'm about celery, cucumber and spinached out; still waiting for my brain to catch up and start appreciating all the roughage
    I was not a real veggie lover when I started this diet but when I started seeing the fast weight loss results, I was more than happy to eat my veggies and am even starting to get creative with them.