How many Carbs makes something a "Restricted" Item

• I know which IP packets/items are restricted, I am now on all alternative products and I have read several different numbers on what makes a food item restrictive. How many Carbs makes something a "Restricted" Item??

Thank you!
  • Quote: 9
    So any food item with 9 or more carbs is restricted?????
  • Correct....the chocolate drink has 9 carbs but is unrestricted!..don't ask me why cuz I don't know, it just is....lol
  • I thought it was 8 or 9. Thanks Wuv!!

If you're shopping for alternatives, pretty much ALL bars are restricted. Those were the ones I started gravitating towards when I began using some alternatives....but yeah reading the nutritional value on the box is a wake up call! Just remember when you're shopping that you need TWICE as many unrestricted items - two unrestricteds and one restricted per day!
  • Quote: Correct....the chocolate drink has 9 carbs but is unrestricted!..don't ask me why cuz I don't know, it just is....lol
    maybe because it has 2 grams fiber so that would make it net carbs of 7??
  • I thought max catb in take was 25 grams, so wouldnt the choc drink count 9 of those 25
  • Quote: Correct....the chocolate drink has 9 carbs but is unrestricted!..don't ask me why cuz I don't know, it just is....lol
    I was confused about the mango RTD. It has 9 carbs but my coach said unrestricted. The peach mango drink has only 1 carb (I think.)
  • Quote: I thought it was 8 or 9. Thanks Wuv!!

If you're shopping for alternatives, pretty much ALL bars are restricted. Those were the ones I started gravitating towards when I began using some alternatives....but yeah reading the nutritional value on the box is a wake up call! Just remember when you're shopping that you need TWICE as many unrestricted items - two unrestricteds and one restricted per day!
    The Detour protein bars I buy at Costco are a good alternative bar and since I only count net carbs they aren't considered restricted. There are three different flavors in the box and they range anywhere from 1 to 3 net carbs each. A far cry from 9 carbs.
  • Quote: I thought max catb in take was 25 grams, so wouldnt the choc drink count 9 of those 25
    Don't know where 25 came from. If you follow the protocol sheet exactly it's about 40 I think.But counting becomes very confusing so
    i just eat what is on the sheet.
  • Quote: The Detour protein bars I buy at Costco are a good alternative bar and since I only count net carbs they aren't considered restricted. There are three different flavors in the box and they range anywhere from 1 to 3 net carbs each. A far cry from 9 carbs.
    Dana, what flavors are they? I am looking at their website, I can't find anything that low carb there. (yet). I look forward to finding out how many carbs they have. I wonder if they will raise my blood sugar...
  • Quote: Dana, what flavors are they? I am looking at their website, I can't find anything that low carb there. (yet). I look forward to finding out how many carbs they have. I wonder if they will raise my blood sugar...
    I think there are 24 bars in a box, and they are peanut butter, caramel nut and a chocolate chip flavor. Each bar is 170 calories, and net carbs on the peanut butter is 1 net carb, and 3 net carbs for either the caramel or the chocolate chip. They have about 15 grams of protein in each bar.The Detour protein bars you find on the shelf sold separately are bigger in size, and higher in calories and carbs.
  • Quote: maybe because it has 2 grams fiber so that would make it net carbs of 7??
    BINGO!
    Quote: I thought max catb in take was 25 grams, so wouldnt the choc drink count 9 of those 25
    Pat is correct 25 is incorrect its more between 40-50 carbs a day. We don't count anything though, we just have 2 unrestricted and 1 unrestricted a day
  • How about the Simply Bars? I was told they are restricted....but they have 4 grams of fat, 5 carbs (9 with 4 of fiber) and 160 calories and 16 grams protein. I was told these were restricted....can too many calories make it restricted???? Or is 4 grams of fat too much?
  • Quote: I think there are 24 bars in a box, and they are peanut butter, caramel nut and a chocolate chip flavor. Each bar is 170 calories, and net carbs on the peanut butter is 1 net carb, and 3 net carbs for either the caramel or the chocolate chip. They have about 15 grams of protein in each bar.The Detour protein bars you find on the shelf sold separately are bigger in size, and higher in calories and carbs.
    I had no idea they were unrestricted I always have them in the cupboard. I just figured all bars were restricted. Awesome news!