When do you measure yourself??

• I actually took measurements for the first time in my journey last month. I want to measure regularly. How do you all handle this? Same day every month, i.e. the 26th? Every third Saturday? Every other month?

Please give me some advice on this please. Thanks!!
  • I like to measure the first of the month - first thing in the morning after the morning pee. This is an easy day for me to remember and it's a "start to the new month" for me. or, alternatively, the last day of the month to see how it went.

For me, measurements move slow, so measuring more than once a month would show lots of nothing. At once a month, at most I lose an inch off each body area, many times it's .5 of an inch. And those are good months!
  • 1st of the month for me. And measurements also change really slowly or not at all for me.
  • For those that measure themselves - what body areas do you usually measure?
  • re:
    I usually do arms, bust, waist, and hips. I try to do it at least once a month. I don't really notice too much of a change from one month to the next, probably because measuring isn't an exact science. (pulling the tape harder or looser than the previous month, etc) But I do see the difference over a few months.

Measuring has also made it easier to judge what size I should be ordering rather than just taking a guess.
  • I try to measure once or twice a month, but it's normally when i remember to. lol
    I measure my Bust, chest, hips, Natural waist, thigh's(together) and midway between my natural waist and hips.
    Sometimes i only lose a couple of inches a month, or as much as 4. So far i've lost 16.5 inches, I didn't measure myself when i first started my journey, so i'm just counting back from when i did start. (I did get really excited to see the measurements drop from out of the 50's and 40's and go into the high 30's and mid to high 40's.)
  • I measure whenever I think of it or when I want to buy clothes online. Sometimes it's monthly. Other times, it's every few months. I also measure if I'm about to embark on a short-term weight loss or fitness challenge and afterwards as well.
  • I measure once a month at the start. I measure my bust, underbust, waist, stomach, hips, thigh, calf, wrist and upper arm. Sometimes I will measure mid month to see how I'm going. But officially it's the start of the month. As on today (including the mid month measurements I did last week), I've lost nearly 21 inches from all those places I've mentioned above.
  • Another "once a month" here. I'm actually due to measure again today. I measure bust, waist, hips, upper arm, lower arm (right below the elbow), wrist, thigh, calf, ankle, and foot. In the first month I lost 16 & 1/2 inches combined.
  • My gym offers two trainning sessions per year and it includes measuring. I am going to measure again when I hit my next milestone of about 217 and below. I dont do it often though I usually take them up on the offer and do it twice a year
  • Like mostly everyone else I measure the first day of each month. It is between my TOM and easy to remember.
  • My weigh in day is Sunday. So, I usually measure the last Sunday in a month.