IP Daily Chat Wednesday 08/22/2012

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Thanks everyone, it feels great to finally crack the 50# barrier.
  • Quote: Thanks everyone, it feels great to finally crack the 50# barrier.
    How exciting!

Well, overcooked rutabagas are no bueno. Blech! My steak was nice though.
  • Quote: Hi everyone! Had my WI#4 today and lost 5.2lbs for a total of 21.2 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm so happy and grateful I have been able to do this program. I get a bit emotional thinking about it, my family has had a rough few years. This is the first thing I've done for ME in a long time and I'm very proud of myself. I feel so strong.
    Amazing job! And I can totally sympathize. This is the first thing I've done for ME in almost 6 years. I had forgotten how to be my own person for a while there, it's so easy to get totally lost in the stuff going on around you. Good for you taking the driver's seat again, you're doing fantastically!

Quote: Great to know! Thanks! I was getting a little dependant on the Mio....I think trying lemon or something else will be the way to go. As for the chili...WOW...I didn't even notice that on the restricted list...Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Definately will keep you all posted on my success in the next few weeks. And once again, congrats to you for YOUR success, you are all inspiring and I love that!
    Try cucumber water with a sprig of your favorite herb - put a pitcher of water in the fridge with a bunch of cucumber slices and a fresh herb sprig, let it sit overnight. It's very refreshing!

Quote: I hanen't checked all of the posts yet, but just need to shout....

52.2 gone!!!.

I'm gonna go buy my 25# Alex & Ani bracelet. Halfway here I come
    That's awesome!!!!
  • Quote: Great job! It is nice to see hard work pay off. I was going to ask you about eggplant. I think you posted yesterday or the day before about it. How did you cook it and what did you have it with? I have NEVER cooked it and have only eaten it in a lasagna at Olive Garden.
    I usually only like eggplant when it is cut thin, fried, and covered in tomato sauce and cheese lol. I find it can get really stringy.

I followed this recipe with regular eggplants:
    http://foodfitnessfreshair.com/2011/...sted-eggplant/

I cooked mine a bit longer, cut it a little thinner that the pictures. It came out delicious and creamy, AMAZING flavors. The garlic caramelizes and roasts into the eggplant, it all has a slightly smoky flavor.

I made some lettuce cups with butter leaf lettuce, cold roasted asparagus, sliced onion, red pepper and shredded rotisserie chicken. Then I had the eggplant on the side. A nice, big plate of finger foods with Mediterranean undertones. My boyfriend also had hummus and pita chips.
  • Quote:

your post just made me so giddy and happy for you!!
    way to go!!
    well done!!!
    Quote: Wow Annabo! That is really great!

You should be proud, because you are an amazing person. I am so glad you are doing something for YOU. if you are not healthy and happy, you cannot be there for others.

So good for you! I am super happy for you!
    Quote: Amazing job! And I can totally sympathize. This is the first thing I've done for ME in almost 6 years. I had forgotten how to be my own person for a while there, it's so easy to get totally lost in the stuff going on around you. Good for you taking the driver's seat again, you're doing fantastically!
    Quote: Congratulations! And I can relate....Doing something for "me" has been a challenge as well. Always making sure everyone else is ok, and forgetting about the important one. Well my family is important too, but it sure makes a difference when the source of THIER happiness, is happy too.

Thank you all so much, I feel on top of the world today :-)
  • [QUOTE=scorbett1103;4445538]

Try cucumber water with a sprig of your favorite herb - put a pitcher of water in the fridge with a bunch of cucumber slices and a fresh herb sprig, let it sit overnight. It's very refreshing

[QUOTE]

Just a suggestion, but I love to put fresh lemon juice into water, and add some well diced fresh ginger root to it. Add some stevia to taste, and pour over a glass which contains some ice. Add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to the glass and stir. Very refreshing and tasty.
  • I have never made a mug cake. Can someone direct me or tell me recipe please? I guess I have to try everything once.
  • [QUOTE=evepet;4445596][QUOTE=scorbett1103;4445538]

Try cucumber water with a sprig of your favorite herb - put a pitcher of water in the fridge with a bunch of cucumber slices and a fresh herb sprig, let it sit overnight. It's very refreshing

Quote:

Just a suggestion, but I love to put fresh lemon juice into water, and add some well diced fresh ginger root to it. Add some stevia to taste, and pour over a glass which contains some ice. Add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to the glass and stir. Very refreshing and tasty.
    That's different...But sounds delicious! I will give it a shot!
  • Weigh-in
    Well, today was an early weigh in. I feel like it TOM this week, but I no longer have that factory and my ovaries are confused! Lol, well, didn't gain, but I didn't really lose!

W1: -10
    W2: -2.2
    W3: -0.5
    W4: -0.6.
  • How do I search (recipes) effectively?
    When I hear these great ideas, I go to search and type in what I want to look for and then I get every thread for the last decade, each 7 pages long...

Is there a more effective way to find things rather than having to read all posts to find the one that has the recipe in it or whatever?

Thanks for any help!
  • Quote: I have never made a mug cake. Can someone direct me or tell me recipe please? I guess I have to try everything once.
    Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-cake-mug.html
  • Quote: When I hear these great ideas, I go to search and type in what I want to look for and then I get every thread for the last decade, each 7 pages long...

Is there a more effective way to find things rather than having to read all posts to find the one that has the recipe in it or whatever?

Thanks for any help!
    Under Search, i usually go to Advanced Search, type in my keywords and choose 'threadm titles only' option
  • Quote: I hanen't checked all of the posts yet, but just need to shout....

52.2 gone!!!.

I'm gonna go buy my 25# Alex & Ani bracelet. Halfway here I come
    WOW! good for you!
  • Liz every time I see your pic.... I just say "wow"! You are motivating, thanks girl!
  • Hello all. It's Thursday morning here in Europe. My first weigh in and I lost 12.2lbs!!!! Fantastic, Delighted. Feels great. Thanks for all the inspiration here.